ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you buying Fireworks

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
In Iowa? Looks like the Carneys have taken over. One guy told me he hitched from Bismarck, ND to Coralville.

No, but it is the only time of the year I want to buy a gun. And I take offense to the carney remark, sir. I was a professional carney at a very young age and that is why I don't give a care about fireworks. I've. Seen. Them. All.

In Iowa? Looks like the Carneys have taken over. One guy told me he hitched from Bismarck, ND to Coralville.

I’m on good authority that a canned stole my beautiful dirt bike that I left laying in the front yard.

TBD on the fireworks. Probably will by a lame pack from Publix.

Reactions: GOHOX69
We do some parachutes for the kids in the cul-de-sac. Also do a few other items. We maybe spend about $30 at the Boy Scout tent

Last edited:
Reactions: MWardT and GOHOX69
There is a 0% chance I'm not shooting off fireworks while yelling
suFHK.gif

Some of my neighbors bought a boat load of them judging by the racket last night.

Same here. My neighbor usually spends a minimum of $500 and sets them off around 9:30. He's got two boys who are at an age where they love it - 8 and 10. So everyone on the cul de sac comes out and spends 15 minutes watching, goes back inside and we're done.

One night only? I can handle that and see the fun. We are on day 5 with no signs of letting up through the 4th. My poor dog.

One night only? I can handle that and see the fun. We are on day 5 with no signs of letting up through the 4th. My poor dog.
We shoot ours off at my parents farm. I can't see any scenario where I'm shooting off fireworks at my house in town. Last year someone shot off some big ones a block away at 1am. Closest I've came to getting the pistol out and raising some H. My son was bawling all night after that. Scared the bejesus out of me as well.

Reactions: seam and GOHOX69
I shoot them off at my farm. Always loved the light and noise but don't bother anyone else. Unless a half mile away is offensive. In that case, their dogs barking piss me off 364 days a year, or whenever I'm down there.

Two weeks. One boom at 12:0] this morning. One about 20 minutes ago while I was walking the dog. I'm hoping for more rain...every evening for the next 5 months.

Reactions: Jackie Treehorn
Probably sparklers for the little girl and watch the people behind us shoot them off over the creek/wash that is behind our house. It’s like the invasion of Baghdad behind our house every 4th and NYE

We have a neighborhood forum for several developments here in Arizona. I have never seen so many whiny ass idiots when it comes to fireworks. “My dog(s) are deathly afraid of fireworks. Stop shooting off fireworks. Why are they shooting off fireworks? Don’t they know my dog(s) are deathly afraid of fireworks?”

Every 4th of July and New Years these ****ers start thread after thread with the same shit.

Rant over. ;)

We have a neighborhood forum for several developments here in Arizona. I have never seen so many whiny ass idiots when it comes to fireworks. “My dog(s) are deathly afraid of fireworks. Stop shooting off fireworks. Why are they shooting off fireworks? Don’t they know my dog(s) are deathly afraid of fireworks?”

Every 4th of July and New Years these ****ers start thread after thread with the same shit.

Rant over. ;)
100% chance you think you shouldn’t be wearing a mask either, right?

Reactions: Wendy79
I’m going to happily call ICPD if my neighbors set off fireworks. Eff em. Yes I’m that guy now.
How is that new dog dealing with the fire works? Lots of big ones last night.
19 pounds of fury ran around the house looking for a safe spot, and eventually burrowed into the comforter on a bed in our basement.
4th of July, I am fine with that. Random nights in June are BS.

The neighbors put on a full Show, so no need here

Yep. At my cabin, there's a very good show put on by the beach folks that goes on a couple hours. My place is a bit higher up above river level...perfect observation spot.

One guy I believe is the demolition guy for a construction company (they own quarries among other various businesses), and I believe he's licensed to handle the really big stuff. Some of the stuff he sets off bring rocks from the river bluff down.

Not talking about your standard mortar shell stuff. I'm talking...artillery ;) It's friggin' nuts how loud it is.

ADVERTISEMENT