ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you buying Fireworks

How is that new dog dealing with the fire works? Lots of big ones last night.
19 pounds of fury ran around the house looking for a safe spot, and eventually burrowed into the comforter on a bed in our basement.
4th of July, I am fine with that. Random nights in June are BS.

Not well, hence my negative position on the subject. She doesn’t want to go for walks these days because inevitably one gets fired off during our outings. Nothing seems to settle her down either.

Same here. My neighbor usually spends a minimum of $500 and sets them off around 9:30. He's got two boys who are at an age where they love it - 8 and 10. So everyone on the cul de sac comes out and spends 15 minutes watching, goes back inside and we're done.

this is how legal fireworks should be used... sadly there are mostly drunk idiots blowing them off well past midnight instead... oh and I meant midnight in mid-June

And, here we go tonight. Just about on top of my house. I've got a computer and a shivering dog in my lap right now.

And, here we go tonight. Just about on top of my house. I've got a computer and a shivering dog in my lap right now.
Does your dog bark or shit in your neighbor's yard? It might be paybacks for the rest of the year your dog annoys them.

I love living in the country. My neighbors do a show that rivals any public display Ive ever seen, usually right after dusk on the Saturday after the 4th. Other than that I dont hear anything.The thrill of lighting fireworks myself wore off at about age 12.

Two weeks. One boom at 12:0] this morning. One about 20 minutes ago while I was walking the dog. I'm hoping for more rain...every evening for the next 5 months.

I have been hoping for rain with no luck every Saturday night for the past two months so that perhaps I could get a break from the loud revving of the engines and squealing of the tires from the people "cruising" the ave in Cedar Rapids. its a solid 5 hour annoyance every Saturday night. I was out of town last Saturday, but I am assuming if I was home, I would've endured the same thing

ADVERTISEMENT