ADVERTISEMENT

Any reasonable Centrists left? Or only Trumpanzees and CHOP supporters?

Help! We white men are being oppressed!

racial-gender-wage-gap-chart-blg.jpg

This graph really surprises me. I need to look at their data more. FWIW I am not saying that the data is wrong but I know living in the education world, your salary isn't based on gender or race... it's about how many pieces of paper you have and how many years you have been doing it.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I am a centrist. I can't in good faith vote for Trump. I don't think Biden will be a good president but his gaffes come from questions he needs to answer on the spot. He will do fine with rehearsed speeches. Most importantly, his cabinet will be fine.

I really dislike the the far left and I am really tired of their rhetoric. I don't think Biden will take many of these types of people on his staff. I'd love to see him reach across the aisle and grab a Conservative or two to start bridging this crazy divide.

Oddly the far left seems to make Trump's reelection more likely. The far left and right just need to get it over with and civil war each other already, I am tired of these two groups.

As long as they do their Civil War outside the nation while we are at it. I don't want these losers harming anyone who just doesn't agree with their nonsense. I would love to see a legit third party come comprised to centrists and start taking some seats by 2024.

Why do you think Biden = Twitter mob? Are you expecting he puts the Seattle airheads into key cabinet positions? The man is left of center, but not far left by any stretch.

I am a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent and voting Biden this fall.
Bc Biden is nothing but a placard being put forth by the nutbags at the DNC. His policies won't mean shit, their's will be what is advanced and they are now the far left mob.

Reactions: Chillyhoff
Bc Biden is nothing but a placard being put forth by the nutbags at the DNC. His policies won't mean shit, their's will be what is advanced and they are now the far left mob.
Wait, I thought the dnc rigged it for biden. If the dnc is far left, why did they rig it for one of the most centrist candidates? Why wouldn't they have rigged it for Bernie?

Wait, I thought the dnc rigged it for biden. If the dnc is far left, why did they rig it for one of the most centrist candidates? Why wouldn't they have rigged it for Bernie?
Bc he'll likely win, then they know be nothing more than a rubber stamp for their agenda.
Do you think Biden has an actual platform that HE will try to implement? Nfw. He's a placard.

Reactions: Chillyhoff
I don't see why everyone automatically assumes that Biden's staff will be made of moderates or that his cabinet will be toward the center. If he does that it would be great but many on the left don't see it that way.

One of my friends who is very far left and heavily involved with the GA Dems is excited about Biden not because he is a good choice but because they think he can be pushed to the progressive side especially if his VP is to the far left. They see him as an empty suit that can be molded into what they want. Hope they are not correct on that assumption.

Out of all the Dems in the primary, Joe seems the least likely to go for a far left agenda. The fact that he's old should mean he's more stuck in his centrist ways.

Reactions: mstp1992
If the Republican party can put forward a candidate who's pro-choice, leaves his/her religion at home, doesn't cater to the far-right and can maintains\ some semblance of decorum in office, there a good chance that person will get my vote. Let's focus the effort on running the country, not on guns, religion and abortion.

I don't see why everyone automatically assumes that Biden's staff will be made of moderates or that his cabinet will be toward the center. If he does that it would be great but many on the left don't see it that way.

One of my friends who is very far left and heavily involved with the GA Dems is excited about Biden not because he is a good choice but because they think he can be pushed to the progressive side especially if his VP is to the far left. They see him as an empty suit that can be molded into what they want. Hope they are not correct on that assumption.
It would be the height of stupidity for Biden to pick a far left VP. The prize here are swing state independent/moderate voters. The VP needs to appeal to those people. I am sure whoever he picks will be painted in that light by conservative media, but it seems very unlikely they will actually be super progressive

Reactions: UKGrad93

It would be the height of stupidity for Biden to pick a far left VP. The prize here are swing state independent/moderate voters. The VP needs to appeal to those people. I am sure whoever he picks will be painted in that light by conservative media, but it seems very unlikely they will actually be super progressive

Yeah, it wouldn't shock me if the VP was somewhat more liberal, but I doubt he goes to the Bernie/Warren wing of the liberal left. As for the cabinet, it'll likely be a mix, as well as being dependent on what the Senate makeup is. Currently the Senate map looks very favorable for Democrats to take the majority back, perhaps even with room to spare, but it's July 2nd and who knows what happens in the next four months. If by some chance Biden wins but doesn't get the Senate majority back as well, it's definitely unlikely we see an uber-liberal cabinet because that would be very difficult to get thru a GOP-controlled Senate.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler

Gusto, don’t ask a Trumpanzee to use your fancy human “logic“, or to “make sense”. These are posters with severe cognitive issues. It’s not nice.

CHOP is truly a Lord of the Flies exhibit.

Now their mayor promises to cut millions from police. I am sure the business community feels great about that.

CHOP is truly a Lord of the Flies exhibit.

Now their mayor promises to cut millions from police. I am sure the business community feels great about that.

That money will go to programs that will address homelessness, mental illness, addiction, etc... The business community and every other community, including police, will be happy these problems will be serviced more effectively.

Throwing more money to police hasn't been working.

Reactions: Rudolph
I would like more local control, less taxes. but enough taxes for good schools (including state universities). I’m for the progressive tax code that we have. We need to make some changes to how capital gains are taxed. Overall, I find that I align more with the right, it not on every issue and I know we can do a lot better than Trump. His response to COVID has really turned me (not tha

This is my fear with Biden. I don't see the election as trading the craziness of Trump for a moderate Biden. It is trading Trump for the far left. I'll likely vote for Biden, but I don't have a lot of confidence in his ability to be anything more than a puppet for the Dems. Best case IMO would be Biden as Pres and republicans hold the senate. Either way, I will endure.

Right-wing, but truly a Libertarian. DC about abortion, gay marriage, trans, etc.
Edit: I agree on Trump, but the left scares me more. Sh*t on everything I’ve accomplished by handing it to others? F that, I don’t come from wealth.

Odd... that didn't happen during the last two democratic presidencies. In fact, the economy boomed during both Clinton and Obama's terms. How did the economy do under Bush Sr and Jr?

Your money is taken from you by republicans also and handed out to others. Instead of going to the people it goes to the wealthy and mega corporations.

Have any of you looked up Biden's political beliefs and see how they map out on one of those political charts? He's pretty close to the center. Bernie and Warren are both significantly left of center. Trump is significantly right of center.

That money will go to programs that will address homelessness, mental illness, addiction, etc... The business community and every other community, including police, will be happy these problems will be serviced more effectively.

Throwing more money to police hasn't been working.

In San Francisco they do basically that now and you have people openly shitting on the street, puking, shooting up.. There is a whole lot of frustration there about the city not doing anything.

Yes, most people are in the middle. It's just that the loudest one's (and the people that fill this board with politics) are what people notice, and some just assume everyone is like that.

Yes. When people argue with each other over politics, they will pretty much always view the other person as subscribing to all of the extreme views on the other side. Most of the country holds beliefs that are pretty close to center.

I will say that the conservative media does a tremendous job of convincing their loyal followers that every democrat is extreme left and to be afraid of them gaining power. "Just look at the riots.... is this the America we want?" as if Joe Biden is out there tipping cars over and leading the charge.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Most of the country holds beliefs that are pretty close to center

Maybe you will be the one to answer. What is "center?"

Bernie's policies and positions are supported by a majority of people according to polling on each one. Is he "center?" Over in Europe he would probably be defined like that.

The rise of the words center, and moderate have been noticeable the past few years. It is almost like a gaslighting campaign to make people try not to rock the boat.

Reactions: Rudolph

Bernie's policies and positions are supported by a majority of people according to polling on each one. Is he "center?" Over in Europe he would probably be defined like that.

The rise of the words center, and moderate have been noticeable the past few years. It is almost like a gaslighting campaign to make people try not to rock the boat.
Exactly. People r freaking dum.

Reactions: Moral

Like Bernie's Medicare for All that has no price tag or stated method of payment? If its so great...say how it will be paid for and how much it will cost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT