ADVERTISEMENT

Any updates on ticket sales?

I don't have any real info on numbers, but just looking at the website, there are still a lot left for Maryland, but I will say that it looks better than it did a week ago. Minnesota doesn't show any sections beyond "Low" availability, so that one may approach sellout status. Purdue seems to have a ton available - I think three sections show "High" availability, which pretty much means that everything is available. Numerous others show as "Medium".

I don't have any real info on numbers, but just looking at the website, there are still a lot left for Maryland, but I will say that it looks better than it did a week ago. Minnesota doesn't show any sections beyond "Low" availability, so that one may approach sellout status. Purdue seems to have a ton available - I think three sections show "High" availability, which pretty much means that everything is available. Numerous others show as "Medium".

They just posted.. Only singles left for Minny, 9,500 for Maryland, and 15,000 for Purdue!

I think Purdue will be a sellout if we have a chance to clinch a certain title.. Just a hunch

Selling 15k more tickets for Purdue seems like a huge hill to climb. But if we're ranked #7 in the country at the time, it could happen.

Glad to see less than 10k left for Maryland. We need to keep selling those seats, c'mon Hawk fans! Don't miss out on seeing a game in Kinnick during this special season.

Also, if the weather is decent for Minnesota the I'd imagine it would be a sellout with the outdoor wrestling meet.

I'm going to all three games, just haven't bought the tickets yet. So there's three more tickets that will be sold.

There is a boatload of Maryland tickets on Stubhub, and the prices have dropped about 30-50% from a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
The first November night football game at Kinnick Stadium is likely to be a sellout.

All the University of Iowa has left to sell for the 7 p.m. Nov. 14 game between the 12th-ranked Hawkeyes and Minnesota are singles throughout Kinnick. If those are sold, it would likely mark Iowa's first sellout of 2015 and just the second to reach the 70,585 capacity in the past three seasons.

Earlier in the day, Iowa is set to shatter the NCAA wrestling attendance record at Kinnick. As of Wednesday, about 29,000 tickets had been sold for the "Grapple on the Gridiron," an 11 a.m. dual between Iowa and Oklahoma State.

Plenty of tickets remain for the other two home games for Iowa, which is off to just its third 7-0 start in the last 93 years. The UI said Wednesday about 9,500 tickets remained for Iowa-Maryland on Oct. 31. More than 15,000 remain for the home finale, Nov. 21 vs. Purdue.

Attendance has been a storyline for Iowa football since January. Iowa is averaging 61,455 fans per home game, a sharp drop from 67,512 a season ago. A 17 percent decline in season ticket sales from 2014 left a big box-office dent to overcome.

It's very likely attendance will pick up for the 2016 season, with Iowa's stirring 2015 success and a home schedule that includes:

Miami (OH)
Iowa State
N Dakota State (FCS power)
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Michigan
Nebraska

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...innick-stadium-minnesota-attendance/74420922/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT