ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Gordon or Sibley's visits?

247 has a story about it with the headline that Gordon bonded well with Hawkeyes. I don't have a subscription.
Similar story there about Sibley. He’s visiting Georgetown next week I believe so that may be the main competition. Decent shot with both Sibley and Gordon and would like both. Then there’s Foster, who I believe visits in 2 weeks? Don’t know when in October, but ‘pretty good’ odds of increasing the 2020 class that month.

Reactions: BBHawk
Howe has an article about Sibley, I'll let you guys google it, and it sounds like it was a great visit. He was asked where Iowa stands, "Really high".

He said Garza hosted him and they had a pretty good connection and it sounded like he really likes Fran.

Reactions: Tunadog
Brock inferred it's a BiG battle for Gordon.
PSU, Minny, and Iowa. According to rivals he's visited all 3. But it's behind pay wall so not sure if he's taking more visits.

Similar story there about Sibley. He’s visiting Georgetown next week I believe so that may be the main competition. Decent shot with both Sibley and Gordon and would like both. Then there’s Foster, who I believe visits in 2 weeks? Don’t know when in October, but ‘pretty good’ odds of increasing the 2020 class that month.
Not sure if Georgetown is main competition. He liked his Minny visit too. Not as glowing on it as he was on Iowa but never know.

Foster will be at Iowa for the PSU game I believe. Same weekend as a big football recruit?

Foster will be at Iowa for the PSU game I believe. Same weekend as a big football recruit?
Yes, that’s right. Foster’s here for PSU on October 12. Think Sibley’s at Gtown next week (October 5). Gordon deciding in next month too.

What FB recruit is here for PSU?

Yes, that’s right. Foster’s here for PSU on October 12. Think Sibley’s at Gtown next week (October 5). Gordon deciding in next month too.

What FB recruit is here for PSU?
Does Gordon still have more visits?

Reactions: Hod
I would be delighted with Gordon, Sibley(better than Foster) and the big kid from England(only true Center in the group) to go with Ulis
Are you kidding? We want Foster, Sibley, and Gordon to go with Ulis. We can take all 4, and that would be an awesome class. The kid from England would be fine too if we don't get one of them. I think getting Foster's last visit is an opportunity!

I wonder if ISU is feeling confident about Foster? I haven't heard much on their front and seems like Iowa has been bringing in post players for visits left and right.

It's likely that we could take 2 posts but this does seem suspicious.

Reactions: chuck285
I wonder if ISU is feeling confident about Foster? I haven't heard much on their front and seems like Iowa has been bringing in post players for visits left and right.

It's likely that we could take 2 posts but this does seem suspicious.
Gotta remember Foster isn't a true post player has the size but likes the 3 ball.

Gotta remember Foster isn't a true post player has the size but likes the 3 ball.

My point is he's a 4 or 5. We've brought in Murrell, Crowl and now Sibley. Fran is also now scouting Josh Ogundele and Jacob Hutson in recent weeks.

ISU as far as I know only recently brought in Carlson, who just committed to Wisconsin.

My point is he's a 4 or 5. We've brought in Murrell, Crowl and now Sibley. Fran is also now scouting Josh Ogundele and Jacob Hutson in recent weeks.

ISU as far as I know only recently brought in Carlson, who just committed to Wisconsin.
I agree it's solid speculation but ISU is also near full in rides. Maybe Fran learned something from the Tyler Ulis recruitment and not to get caught with your pants down. Will see how it shakes out. If Fran brings in the UK big you're probably correct unless they miss out on Sibley.

Last edited:
Reactions: skydog0784
It only took 10 years.

Kidding.....kind of.

I "think" that Fran wants to get as close to "position-less basketball" as possible. From my no-basketball experience and Joe fan understanding I think that really means that you have at least three guys like Sibley-Gordon-Patrick who can play the 2G-SF-PF pretty inter-changeably....I think you still need some serious size in the post for defensive purposes-that can also shoot the three, and a PG who is a strong and quick ball handler who can also shoot from 3 and take people to the rack......

So when you look at Sibley-Gordon-Patrick and if you can keep Joe W around another year you have those types of players who have the ability to play good defense based on their length and athleticism....then you have Ulis-Joe T-JBO-Connor who can man the point and play some 2G....Nunge-Garza-Pemsl that can at least play some minutes in the post...Cordell needing to improve his outside shot, etc....

All that said, I hope we get just one of those two visitors and doubt that we get both.

Sounds like some really promising news, especially with Sibley. Seems like Fran is adding a variety of talent with more athleticism, which is mostly what we have been missing. :) I don't keep up with recruiting as closely as I did. Do we have 3 more scholarships to give after Ulis, or 4?

Sounds like some really promising news, especially with Sibley. Seems like Fran is adding a variety of talent with more athleticism, which is mostly what we have been missing. :) I don't keep up with recruiting as closely as I did. Do we have 3 more scholarships to give after Ulis, or 4?

Technically 2 after Ulis.

There is an open ride right now with Kriener and Evelyn coming off the books after this season.

There could be more open based upon any of the following taking place:

Bohannon playing this season
Till going back to walk on status after this season
Future attrition

We have 2 left after Ulis assuming JBo redshirts this year and returns in 2020-2021 season.

However, both Till and Pemsl will be redshirt Seniors so they may graduate transfer. Till and Connor started off as walk ons so their scholarships are revocable.

The staff has options. If they can get Ulis, Sibley, Gordon, and Foster; they’ll find the rides.

Reactions: intrepodor
Technically 2 after Ulis.

There is an open ride right now with Kriener and Evelyn coming off the books after this season.

There could be more open based upon any of the following taking place:

Bohannon playing this season
Till going back to walk on status after this season
Future attrition

Oops, scooped! I was typing mine while you posted. At least we said the same thing!

Reactions: TCOOL
“However, both Till and Pemsl will be redshirt Seniors so they may graduate transfer. Till and Connor started off as walk ons so their scholarships are revocable.”

Noting this from Skydog0784, there is a path for Iowa to take as many as 6 new players in 2020. Scholarships are not a worry. Commitments are. So far, Iowa has 1. Worry about having too many when there are too many.

We have 2 left after Ulis assuming JBo redshirts this year and returns in 2020-2021 season.

However, both Till and Pemsl will be redshirt Seniors so they may graduate transfer. Till and Connor started off as walk ons so their scholarships are revocable.

The staff has options. If they can get Ulis, Sibley, Gordon, and Foster; they’ll find the rides.
This. If they can get Gordon, Sibley and Foster they'll find the a way to get it done. Fran will have two scholarship kids on the team. If he has to pay for a year of schooling I don't think it'll be the end of the world to him.

This. If they can get Gordon, Sibley and Foster they'll find the a way to get it done. Fran will have two scholarship kids on the team. If he has to pay for a year of schooling I don't think it'll be the end of the world to him.

He cant take Patrick off scholly though.

Connor or Till would be the two that can switch from being on scholarship to walk on status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT