ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else have a relative who could get a SB ring?

Torg

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
The grandson of my wife's cousin is on the 49er's practice squad and flew to Miami a few days ago. If they win he was told he would get a ring. We see him and other relatives at big family gatherings now and then. Mostly at funerals, unfortunately.

The cousin is a retired Navy Seal Admiral and very nice guy.

I might get to try the ring on someday...

CSB

Ross Reynolds?

And no, but my Dad’s second cousin is a former Hawkeye consensus All-American, 2x Pro-Bowler, and NFL All-Pro.

Reactions: Torg
please tell me he hangs out with kittle every chance he gets, when kittle isn't around bosa all the time...

Until a few months back, Jess Settles was my neighbor, who is of course the cousin of George Kittle. That’s as close as I get.

Reactions: lucas80
Until a few months back, Jess Settles was my neighbor, who is of course the cousin of George Kittle. That’s as close as I get.
I knew the cousin of jess. he lived here in texas . his last name was settles. he may have been a nephew not a cousin come to think of it. I guess I forgot they were cousins with kittle.

I got to try on Don Cardwell's World Series ring. He was a pitcher for the '69 Mets and a friend. As a lifelong O's fan it was incredibly painful to put it on but it WAS an iconic WS ring.

That’s right buddy, there’s only one race, and that’s the human race.
GTY_we_are_the_world_cover_jef_150128_4x3_1600.jpg

Besides the relation, my next door neighbor growing up was Jamie Byrne, who would go on to be an All-American wrestler at UNI.

Super Bowl ring to a practice squad member. Most folks getting a participation trophy take part in the actual game.

Super Bowl rings are no different than World Series rings. Teams can purchase as many as they like (beside the number the NFL provides the winners) and for the ones they purchase they can have different styles and values. Once saw a WS ring which had been purchased from a stadium food vendor who decided she would rather have $$ than one of this teams 4th rate rings she was given.

No Super Bowl rings, but my family athletic history is littered with bowling championships at Colonial Lanes, Plamor Lanes, and Coral Lanes.

My cousin's son worked for the Broncos and received a ring when they won the Super Bowl a few years ago. He was at my house a few months ago but didn't have the ring with him so I haven't seen it.

Yep, good genes just run in our family. Here's a selfie I took at the beach this summer.
hqdefault.jpg
That's not bad, but you've got to somehow figure out a set of knee exercises to incorporate into your routine. Otherwise I'm afraid I've found your weak spot.

Reactions: Nipigu
The grandson of my wife's cousin is on the 49er's practice squad and flew to Miami a few days ago. If they win he was told he would get a ring. We see him and other relatives at big family gatherings now and then. Mostly at funerals, unfortunately.

The cousin is a retired Navy Seal Admiral and very nice guy.

CSB
Better luck next time.

Reactions: Rudolph and Torg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT