ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else see Sec Kelly asked about the travel ban on Fox News Sunday?

gusto79

HR Legend
Sep 11, 2002
Wallace pointed out that it's been 121 days since they tried to issue the "travel ban" and the timelines for the ban were 90 days for people coming from the 7 countries and 120 days for the refugee program. Wallace asked why the extreme vetting program wasn't already in place. Kelly said we are implementing it but then said we haven't even started studying the procedures because we can't study extreme vetting. He then said "The irony here is we can't study it but I'm just guessing in implementing."

What the hell does that mean? And what reason would there be that we can't study extreme vetting? That doesn't make any sense. I thought the response was very odd and would have liked to see Wallace follow up more.

I support Trump depending on what he is doing, just like I did Obama. I don't play the party game because I don't like either party.
Why do you keep trying to conflate what Obama and Trump did without acknowledging the differences?

Link to Obama saying he was going to target people by religion? Like dumbass Donald did.

How many times do people on here use the word Muslim when they're really talking about Arabs? How many times in this country do people use the word Muslim when they're talking about Arabs? It's ignorant, but it's constantly done.

What is the difference?
It was one country (not countries like you claimed), Iraqi, compared to seven for Trump. Trump's ban restricted almost all people from traveling from those countries where what Obama did was only for the refugee program (and possibly only one specific type of refugee program - the type for people that helped the US - although I don't remember for sure on that). Obama never claimed he wanted to ban all Muslims from coming to the US like Trump did. Also, Obama's was never a ban. They needed to rescreen/re-vet people and it caused a delay, but at no point were refugees banned from coming here.

How many times do people on here use the word Muslim when they're really talking about Arabs? How many times in this country do people use the word Muslim when they're talking about Arabs? It's ignorant, but it's constantly done.

You tell me what he meant by this. He didn't mispeak in any way.

Dec. 7, 2015:Trump's campaign issued a statement saying: “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Trump read this statement aloud at a rally in South Carolina.

It was one country (not countries like you claimed), Iraqi, compared to seven for Trump. Trump's ban restricted almost all people from traveling from those countries where what Obama did was only for the refugee program (and possibly only one specific type of refugee program - the type for people that helped the US - although I don't remember for sure on that). Obama never claimed he wanted to ban all Muslims from coming to the US like Trump did. Also, Obama's was never a ban. They needed to rescreen/re-vet people and it caused a delay, but at no point were refugees banned from coming here.

You realize that we're at war with more countries now than we were when Obama first took over, right? The wars spread and the threat spreads. That's just common sense. Look, in a perfect world we would go back to open immigration, but then that would mean the end of social safety nets and war.

Just to put this in perspective, we wouldn't have been importing Germans and Japanese by the boatloads during WWII would we? Hell, we put the Asians into camps. The expansion of this travel ban was caused by the warmongering nature of your buddies, W and Obama. In the end, it's the same thing. Supporting one and decrying the other is a weak move made only by partisan hypocrites.

You tell me what he meant by this. He didn't mispeak in any way.

Dec. 7, 2015:Trump's campaign issued a statement saying: “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Trump read this statement aloud at a rally in South Carolina.

This is so stupid. How do you know who is Muslim and who isn't? Again, the use of Muslim instead of Arab was ignorant, but it's pretty obvious what he is saying, because of the aforementioned problem of figuring out who is Muslim and who isn't.

This is so stupid. How do you know who is Muslim and who isn't? Again, the use of Muslim instead of Arab was ignorant, but it's pretty obvious what he is saying, because of the aforementioned problem of figuring out who is Muslim and who isn't.

Are you arguing that banning an entire ethnicity of people (Arab) is somehow better than saying banning an entire religion (muslim)?

You realize that we're at war with more countries now than we were when Obama first took over, right? The wars spread and the threat spreads. That's just common sense. Look, in a perfect world we would go back to open immigration, but then that would mean the end of social safety nets and war.

Just to put this in perspective, we wouldn't have been importing Germans and Japanese by the boatloads during WWII would we? Hell, we put the Asians into camps. The expansion of this travel ban was caused by the warmongering nature of your buddies, W and Obama. In the end, it's the same thing. Supporting one and decrying the other is a weak move made only by partisan hypocrites.
I'll give you the number of countries. Can you address the other differences? Specifically the biggest difference being Obama's was for a delay the refugee program and Trump's is a ban on almost all people from those countries.

Are you arguing that banning an entire ethnicity of people (Arab) is somehow better than saying banning an entire religion (muslim)?

I'm saying that banning travel from countries you are at war with is probably a smart thing. Importing the possibility of thousands of enemy agents/fighters will not end well.

I'll give you the number of countries. Can you address the other differences? Specifically the biggest difference being Obama's was for a delay the refugee program and Trump's is a ban on almost all people from those countries.

When wouldn't those people be considered refugees? Would people working as translators for the US state department be considered "refugees?" Because those people were caught up in the ban as well.

I'm saying that banning travel from countries you are at war with is probably a smart thing. Importing the possibility of thousands of enemy agents/fighters will not end well.

When wouldn't those people be considered refugees? Would people working as translators for the US state department be considered "refugees?" Because those people were caught up in the ban as well.
Do you realize that Trump's ban applied to people coming here for stuff like business, school and tourism? Obama's didn't.

Do you realize that Trump's ban applied to people coming here for stuff like business, school and tourism? Obama's didn't.

People claiming to come here for stuff like business, school, and tourism. I know it isn't their fault that we went to war with their country, but eff them. If you people want to get mad at someone, get mad at W and Obama. They caused the mess that Trump has to deal with.

People claiming to come here for stuff like business, school, and tourism. I know it isn't their fault that we went to war with their country, but eff them. If you people want to get mad at someone, get mad at W and Obama. They caused the mess that Trump has to deal with.
Dude, just acknowledge that there is a large difference between what Obama and Trump did. It's not that hard. You're wrong a lot; you should learn to deal with it.

Why did you bother to ask for the differences if you are just going to pretend like they aren't different?

Reactions: gusto79
Dude, just acknowledge that there is a large difference between what Obama and Trump did. It's not that hard. You're wrong a lot; you should learn to deal with it.

Those aren't large differences, they are pretty minute. Look, if this small difference makes you feel better about a travel ban, then rock on. You people are the kings of twisting the truth just enough to make yourself feel better about taking away liberties or being a hypocrite.

Why did you bother to ask for the differences if you are just going to pretend like they aren't different?

Because the "differences" don't really make a difference. The issue is that both men wanted travel bans with a country, or countries, that we are at war with. The only real difference is that the situation is much worse now because of actions by the prior administration, and therefore the ban must encompass more than it once did. You guys are hanging your hat on the fact that Obama f***ed s*** up so bad that now a ban has to be broader. That's hardly a "win" for the Obama administration.

Those aren't large differences, they are pretty minute. Look, if this small difference makes you feel better about a travel ban, then rock on. You people are the kings of twisting the truth just enough to make yourself feel better about taking away liberties or being a hypocrite.

Because the "differences" don't really make a difference. The issue is that both men wanted travel bans with a country, or countries, that we are at war with. The only real difference is that the situation is much worse now because of actions by the prior administration, and therefore the ban must encompass more than it once did. You guys are hanging your hat on the fact that Obama f***ed s*** up so bad that now a ban has to be broader. That's hardly a "win" for the Obama administration.

What countries are we at war with?

It's a huge difference, but if you need to pretend they aren't so you can justify your defense of Trump, more power to you. I'm sure you'll find away to convince yourself that Obama called for banning all muslims from entering the US just like Trump did too.

It's a huge difference, but if you need to pretend they aren't so you can justify your defense of Trump, more power to you. I'm sure you'll find away to convince yourself that Obama called for banning all muslims from entering the US just like Trump did too.

No, no it isn't. And if people like you hadn't f***ed this country up so bad, this wouldn't even be a problem in the first place. This issue is a direct response to decades of bad policies that you and your ilk have supported, so now it's time to deal with the problem you've created.

No, no it isn't. And if people like you hadn't f***ed this country up so bad, this wouldn't even be a problem in the first place. This issue is a direct response to decades of bad policies that you and your ilk have supported, so now it's time to deal with the problem you've created.
There is no way you aren't nolesoup4u. He's the only other poster that is this bad at making points.

And this statement is real rich coming from the guy that is either too stupid or too naive to realize that Trump is doubling down on these same policies you claim to hate.

Reactions: dgordo
There is no way you aren't nolesoup4u. He's the only other poster that is this bad at making points.

And this statement is real rich coming from the guy that is either too stupid or too naive to realize that Trump is doubling down on these same policies you claim to hate.

I didn't say that I hated them. I begrudgingly accept them as a result of charlatans conning naive and ignorant voters into creating a society that now needs them. It's a shame that a hundred years of terrible statist policies like social safety nets and war have destroyed what once made this country great.

I was asking this over a month ago. What were they doing about the vetting process while they waited on the courts.

I knew these ****ers weren't doing jack.

This ought to be fun. How many countries are we at war with?

ADVERTISEMENT