ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Get A Flu Shot Yet?

Yep got one today at CVS. I asked pharmacist giving it to me if a lot more were getting them and he said it was insane. They almost have to have a dedicated person for it.

I don't know what 5he big deal is. Wear a mask, if you can protect yourself from covid you can protect yourself from influenza

Please tell me you don’t have kids?
Yes I do.
I am not anti vax, I just don't get the higher demand than normal for flu vaccines. I plan on getting mine in October.

Having said that, of any year, this is the year to not get a flu shot. People are already taking precautions for covid that will translate to preventing influenza.

I don't know what 5he big deal is. Wear a mask, if you can protect yourself from covid you can protect yourself from influenza
You don't understand the whole mask concept. Try doing a little more reading and less talking. Then maybe people wouldn't view you the way they do.

You don't understand the whole mask concept. Try doing a little more reading and less talking. Then maybe people wouldn't view you the way they do.
I know way more about this stuff than the average person. Believe me on this one. and yes, I have read research on masks,. I understand how it works. I also know why people think I'm an idiot in this thread. But I promise you, it is not because they are epidemiologist.

If you wear a mask this winter, your risk of getting influenza is lower than previous years.

Yes I do.
I am not anti vax, I just don't get the higher demand than normal for flu vaccines. I plan on getting mine in October.

Having said that, of any year, this is the year to not get a flu shot. People are already taking precautions for covid that will translate to preventing influenza.

I get what you’re saying. You’re not saying ppl don’t need one, and you’re not saying don’t get one.

What you are saying is that this year, with all the COVID precautions in place, it is much less likely that someone would get the flu than normal. So it seems odd the demand for the vaccine is so much greater.

Reactions: Hawk_82
I get what you’re saying. You’re not saying ppl don’t need one, and you’re not saying don’t get one.

What you are saying is that this year, with all the COVID precautions in place, it is much less likely that someone would get the flu than normal. So it seems odd the demand for the vaccine is so much greater.

I think it is due to several factors:
1) Up until February, when the “it’s just the flu” crowd was mimicking their presidents duplicitous talking points, most people did not know between 20-70k people die each year. So major props to the flu birthers as they have given awareness to the need for getting a flu shot.

B) people are wanting to to try to take away the problem of getting the symptoms of the flu and confusing with COVID, and then having to get Covid tested (and others they are around maybe tested) and having to isolate. You can still get the flu of course, but the significant reduced chance will likely make someone getting symptoms a bit more aggressive on testing and isolating.

III) You can get the Flu and Covid-19 at same time. There is not much data but studies and logic suggest you have a significant increased chance of death if this happens.

Reactions: Hawk_82
SEOUL (Reuters) - Nine people have died after getting flu shots in South Korea in the past week, raising concerns over the vaccine's safety just as the seasonal inoculation programme is expanded to head off potential COVID-19 complications.

Got mine last Saturday. Got lucky and was 1st in line at our local Publix. 12 people were lined up when I was done.

And I got a lollipop 'cos I didn't cry! :D

ADVERTISEMENT