ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Interested I Purchasing My Season Basketball Tickets?

frydaze

HR Legend
Nov 25, 2001
I am a long time season basketball ticket holder-- close to 30 years now.

I have increasingly found it tough to get to many games in recent years and now have reached a point of wondering if I should even renew them again (I have 2). I have to decide by tomorrow's deadline.

If you are someone interested in purchasing season tickets but don't have priority in years of doing it, please let me know via a direct message here on Hawkeye Report. I need to hear from you by today/tomorrow morning. Sorry for short notice but I actually forgot about them.

I have increasingly found it tough to get to many games in recent years and now have reached a point of wondering if I should even renew them again (I have 2). I have to decide by tomorrow's deadline.

If you are someone interested in purchasing season tickets but don't have priority in years of doing it, please let me know via a direct message here on Hawkeye Report. I need to hear from you by today/tomorrow morning. Sorry for short notice but I actually forgot about them.

That's very nice of you.

But I don't think nonsubscribers can direct (private) message you. I believe they have to tell you in this thread that they are interested and then you could private message them; once you do that, they can reply to that private message.

Reactions: Hawksfor3

I haven't had season tickets for a few years now.
A- at the time I stopped, I knew a manager and his parents couldn't go to many games and his buddies really didn't go so I gladly accepted his 7th row tickets for 2 years.
B- I got priced out. Haven't looked but to renew my tickets that were in some row higher than my seats at Kinnick in section JJ or KK (I forget) I had to donate an extra $250. It was just too expensive.
C- As a junior high coach with practices or games after school, making 6 PM games became increasingly difficult to make on time... almost impossible even in town.
D- With two littles at home, my wife was not a fan of me leaving on weekday nights when the girls needed to get bathed and put to bed.
E- Even for someone youngish (in my late 30s), the 8 PM games were rough. I would come home after practice, eat as fast as I could, play with the girls, come home at 10:30, do work before bed. I just wish we could have some 7 pm games.

Last edited:
I kept my tickets 5 extra years, selling them to a friend. But, he only wanted the B1G games & not the November duds.
This year’s schedule may be better than average, but in the long run, you won’t break even & are doing it for nostalgia.

Reactions: frydaze
This all of this thus far is why the non-conf. duds do not garner attendance.

I'm not placing blame on anyone, just the facts of life and priorities change over the years. I was in same boat and in fact haven't had season tickets since 2000.

Really think that they need to get more creative in ticket packages even for season ticket holders, and really discount and try to get creative in finding ways to get butts in the seats.

I keep moving further away too so that's not helping. But I'll be representing when the hawks are in Madison in the future.

The friend who bought my tickets was a scholarship Hawkeye for Alford. Even he didn’t want those meaningless games.
(You probably thought former players get in free - they don’t).

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
The friend who bought my tickets was a scholarship Hawkeye for Alford. Even he didn’t want those meaningless games.
(You probably thought former players get in free - they don’t).
Whoever had the notion former players get in for free? Assuming that’s what you thought until someone informed you.

ADVERTISEMENT