ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know much about Jeffrey Dahmer?

strummingram

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2010
I was in my very early 20's when Dahmer was in the news, so I wasn't paying attention to him. Over the years I have seen/read things here and there.

I was watching "Jeffrey Dahmer: Killer Cannibal" on REELZ network last night... and, hole-lee-shit! It was 2 hours of the guy's entire story.

This dude was fvcked from the get-go! What a miserable life. I was really shaken-up. I just wasn't prepared for the extremes. I cannot imagine how a person could be that off-balance. I can see why they were going for an insanity plea.

a nurse I work with, her brother made the arrest
That dude must have been changed for life. They showed the removal of evidence form his apartment. It was THE WEIRDEST documentary I have ever seen regarding a criminal.

Didn't he live in Ames or somewhere in Iowa for a while as a child? Or am I thinking of another serial killer.

That dude must have been changed for life. They showed the removal of evidence form his apartment. It was THE WEIRDEST documentary I have ever seen regarding a criminal.

He actually kept in touch with him until his death

Yep. And let’s not forget the Villisca Axe Murderer. Still don’t know how that has not been made into a Hollywood movie. It fascinates me after visiting the house back in 90s.

I don't know how 8 people could be murdered by one person with an axe with nobody waking up to run away. Killer must have been really quiet.

Saw that same doc last night too. I hadn’t heard of the shrine before. Just knew he wanted to make zombies.

When the main interviewee in the doc said his place was so overrun with corpses, he had to share his shower with them, I about barfed.

Also, fun fact. The guy who escaped and led to his arrest was also charged with homicide in 2011 but only served like two years. Crazy ironic though.

Saw that same doc last night too. I hadn’t heard of the shrine before. Just knew he wanted to make zombies.

When the main interviewee in the doc said his place was so overrun with corpses, he had to share his shower with them, I about barfed.

Also, fun fact. The guy who escaped and led to his arrest was also charged with homicide in 2011 but only served like two years. Crazy ironic though.
I have NEVER seen anyone so messed-up. That guy is a case-study in bizarre human behavior. His fascination with DEAD BODIES is beyond just plain-old macabre. And, as you mentioned, the Zombie thing. He would drill into their skulls and inject acid... or boiling water.

I realize the D.A. had to fight for the victims. And, I'm not sure there was any real rehabilitation for Jeffrey Dahmer. But, it was very clear that he was INSANE! And, his cooperation after the arrest was creepy, too! Dahmer is an example of the extremes of human detachment from empathy.

Reactions: pink shizzle
The motel in Milwaukee where he seduced/killed one of his first victims was remodeled and is now a nice art deco hotel.

Yes, it was the water. That is why they put so much money into fixing it. Didn't need any more JD's being developed.

So how many Dahmers are being raised in Flint right now?

I was in my very early 20's when Dahmer was in the news, so I wasn't paying attention to him. Over the years I have seen/read things here and there.

I was watching "Jeffrey Dahmer: Killer Cannibal" on REELZ network last night... and, hole-lee-shit! It was 2 hours of the guy's entire story.

This dude was fvcked from the get-go! What a miserable life. I was really shaken-up. I just wasn't prepared for the extremes. I cannot imagine how a person could be that off-balance. I can see why they were going for an insanity plea.

He was a perfect candidate for rehabilitation, right?

He was a perfect candidate for rehabilitation, right?
I have NEVER seen anyone so messed-up. That guy is a case-study in bizarre human behavior. His fascination with DEAD BODIES is beyond just plain-old macabre. And, as you mentioned, the Zombie thing. He would drill into their skulls and inject acid... or boiling water.

I realize the D.A. had to fight for the victims. And, I'm not sure there was any real rehabilitation for Jeffrey Dahmer. But, it was very clear that he was INSANE! And, his cooperation after the arrest was creepy, too! Dahmer is an example of the extremes of human detachment from empathy.

Beyond the disgust of his actual criminal behavior, he would have been absolutely fascinating to study; psychologically, psychiatrically, neurologically...

A lot was learned by people studying Charles Manson (to the extent he cooperated).

Maybe he should have shopped at Lowes
lowes-is-making-it-way-too-easy-for-serial-killers-32085444.png

Beyond the disgust of his actual criminal behavior, he would have been absolutely fascinating to study; psychologically, psychiatrically, neurologically...

A lot was learned by people studying Charles Manson (to the extent he cooperated).
He was "abnormal" from a young age. Hos fascination with dead animals as a kid is disturbing. That guy never had a chance.

His inability to experience what we take for granted, in terms of human relationships, is staggering. He just assumed if they left his presence... even once... that they'd abandon him entirely. So, his coping mechanism was to murder them and that meant they would stay. It's beyond anything I ever want to see again. He was missing some screws.

Really? What was learned from studying Charles Manson?

He rarely cooperated, was manipulating even when cooperating, and was largely playing a role. Plus, he wasn't a serial killer in the sense of Dahmer and others anyway. He was more of a gang leader than a serial killer or even a cult leader.

That said, yes a lot was learned about serial killers by studying/interviewing serial killers. I actually think that a lot of the early learning has proven less reliable over time, but it was invaluable.

I'm against the death penalty in general, but I'm also against treating these guys like "special" celebrities, including celebrity research subjects. Many of these guys have parlayed that into special privileges and ego boosts.

And psychologists perversely leverage these relationships with serial killers for their own ego and financial gain, and extend them on and on.

Look at the entire completely bullshit narrative "Ice Man" Kuklinski built around himself thanks to "researchers", reporters and HBO. His story is nearly entirely fraudulent.

That's not to say serial killers shouldn't be given a thorough physical and psychological evaluation and interview, they should. But that can be accomplished in week or months. But then that's it, barring some real new avenue to follow up on, they should serve their sentence normally and not be rewarded with unending study and interaction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT