ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone a diabetic?

hawkster03

HR Heisman
Sep 1, 2012
I’m 43, healthy weight with diabetes. I’m type 1.5 as my doctor can’t figure me out, yes he’s an endocrinologist.

Although I’m at a healthy weight, I don’t consider myself healthy. I’m out of shape as I sit at a desk for 8+ hours, especially now as I’m an accountant.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m slightly concerned about getting this.

Where’s my diabetics out there?

Reactions: 2winCitiesHawk
My doctor was concerned that I might be developing diabetes so I stopped going to see him.

This guy is a chiropractor but does a great job of explaining diabetes and how to stop it. Just throwing this out there but I recommend watching; it could save your life. He has hundreds of short videos on low carb/keto, fasting, and reversing diabetes.

Good luck.

Reactions: unIowa and hwk23
I’m 43, healthy weight with diabetes. I’m type 1.5 as my doctor can’t figure me out, yes he’s an endocrinologist.

Although I’m at a healthy weight, I don’t consider myself healthy. I’m out of shape as I sit at a desk for 8+ hours, especially now as I’m an accountant.

I’m not but my dad is. He’s also been a smoker for about 35 of the last 45 years. Friggin terrifies me thinking about him getting this crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestIAHawk

1_0x0_790x520_0x520_a_ducks_quack.jpg

I'm a type 2. Very expensive to be a diabetic. A1c results the last couple of years have been really good. My feet hurt a lot of times and I get some low blood sugars at times.

Type 2 - lifetime of not liking most veggies and fruits caught up with me.
I wouldn't have known but for annual checkups. Only symptom that is obvious to me is the tingling toes every so often.

Holy shite, are you me?! Except I'm 33 - diagnosis'd at age 31. Originally, diagnosis'd type 1 as I was young and healthy weight, but I had no anti-bodies so they chalked it up to type II or LADA/MODY. I haven't done the genetic testing because either way, it's treated the same.

I'm not worried, everything I'm seeing says if you're managing your blood sugars well, you're at the same risk levels as a on-diabetic.

I was in Vietnam so yes.
type-2 at the age of 50.
71 now and a bit overweight but A1c is 6.9
VA helps me with my meds

My wife is type 1 diabetic, diagnosed when she was 6 years old. Been married 23 years, her diabetes has been a huge part of our lives. Eat right, check your blood sugar, work out, always have sugar near. I hate to say it, but you can do everything right and the disease will always win. Good luck, let me know if you have specific questions.

Holy shite, are you me?! Except I'm 33 - diagnosis'd at age 31. Originally, diagnosis'd type 1 as I was young and healthy weight, but I had no anti-bodies so they chalked it up to type II or LADA/MODY. I haven't done the genetic testing because either way, it's treated the same.

I'm not worried, everything I'm seeing says if you're managing your blood sugars well, you're at the same risk levels as a on-diabetic.

Lol, we might be. My endo thinks I might have MODY as well. He wanted me to do the genetic test but it was going to be really expensive. I don’t think he would treat me differently either way.

The only reason I would get the test is to see if maybe I could pass it to one of my three children.

ADVERTISEMENT