ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone binging a good show?

schitts-creek.jpg

the-last-dance-netflix-4-1200x9999.jpg

2013_0808_Parks_and_Rec_Show_KeyArt_1920x1080_0.jpg
All three of these are great.

Chernobyl is probably the best bit of serial television ever.
It's good, but they really rushed the end. It could have def been a couple episodes longer, if not a 2nd season. Jared Harris and Emily Watson were wonderful in it.

Counterpart - Prime
Rook - Starz
Hanna - Prime
Collateral - Netflix
Pine Gap - Netflix
Secret City - Netflix
The City and the City - Prime

If you liked any of these you may like the rest.

Binged Ted Lasso on Apple TV on two days.

It’s silly but super entertaining.

Jason Sudekis plays an American college football coach hired to manage an English Premier League soccer team. Hilarity ensues.
Ted Lasso , looks like it could be a solid show.

Reactions: torbee
I'm kind of enjoying The Boys.

Umbrella Academy is boring.

Season 2 of The Mandalorian drops in a couple of weeks.

That's all I've got.

I’ve been looking as well. We watched upload last week. It was pretty good. 2nd season is in the works. Interesting because I’ve read that it could be possible in the next 30 years.
We started Catastrophe this week. Pretty good as well.

Reactions: GES4
As others have mentioned The Crown on Netflix is very well done. Shameless is good with lots of titties. Peaky Blinders is nice and violent. Altered Carbon recently came out with a second season. That’s a good one. The Witcher is really good. Stranger Things. Spartacus has a bunch of titties and violence. Titties and violence are a great combination.

I need a new nice and violent show. Along the lines of Breaking Bad and Peaky Blinders. I have a lusting that needs satiated. Any recommendations?
I don’t know if you like shows with subtitles or maybe you speak Italian. But there are two awesome shows out there that I couldn’t stop watching:

Suburra blood on Rome

Gomorrah

both are mafia movies made in Italy. Modern day mafia stuff.
Unfortunately Harvey Weinstein owns the rights to Suburra in the US so we may never get to see the other seasons they offer in Europe. But the first couple seasons are good.

Reactions: Kozisek
Look for the Georgetown Arms in season 4. They shot that in front of my old apartment and used our bedroom for a shot on two separate episodes. Each time they shot we received $2000. Not bad for letting them have put some different curtains up in our bedroom for a few hours.
What was the scene about?
Side note, I do recommend The Americans, especially for those of us who remember that era. The series starts off with a pulse pounding scene featuring Tusk blaring away.

We loved Acquitted, a Norwegian series on PBS. Murder mystery. We started calling it Addicted, because we were.

Filmed a county over from where my ancestors came from, near Flam on the Songe Fjord.

What was the scene about?
Side note, I do recommend The Americans, especially for those of us who remember that era. The series starts off with a pulse pounding scene featuring Tusk blaring away.
No idea. I’ve only seen a couple of episodes. Never got into it for whatever reason. It was a impressive production. My landlord milked them for $15k for the second time they used the front garden of his brownstone. He knew they had to shoot there so he took advantage of it.

No idea. I’ve only seen a couple of episodes. Never got into it for whatever reason. It was a impressive production. My landlord milked them for $15k for the second time they used the front garden of his brownstone. He knew they had to shoot there so he took advantage of it.
It was in service of a fantastic 5 or 6 seasons (whatever it was) of TV. Loved that show.

There was a thread awhile back about using Google Earth. While watching The Crown and Shetland I have found myself looking at satellite views of obscure Scottish cities, London, and a variety of English castles. Pretty cool to follow the Thames from the coast through London out to Windsor Castle. Right next to Windsor is Eton, which made me google that and study all the elites who have attended that school.

Seems as good a place as any to ask:

Anyone on Roku still waiting for HBO/Roku to work something out? Kinda peeved as almost all of my HBO viewing as done on the app, and now they've discontinued it.

Also, need some show recs. So refreshing this as something as an alternative to all the political bs.

There was a thread awhile back about using Google Earth. While watching The Crown and Shetland I have found myself looking at satellite views of obscure Scottish cities, London, and a variety of English castles. Pretty cool to follow the Thames from the coast through London out to Windsor Castle. Right next to Windsor is Eton, which made me google that and study all the elites who have attended that school.

Not directly on point, but if you enjoyed that exercise, you should definitely watch an English show called Grand Designs which streams on several platforms. Sort of a better This Old House for amazing English projects. I cannot recommend this show enough.

Reactions: lucas80
I'm kind of enjoying The Boys.

Umbrella Academy is boring.

Season 2 of The Mandalorian drops in a couple of weeks.

That's all I've got.
I didn't really care for the Boys season 2. I can't seem to get into season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime either....sensing a trend with their shows and season 2

Agree on Umbrella Academy. I've tried it, twice. Just not great.

I found the limited series on Netflix The Queens Gambit watchable, and I don't really like chess.

Reactions: Moral
In the spirit of Halloween just binged The Haunting of Bly Manor. Thought it was good but sometimes a little hard to follow. Must not have been alone because there are a some excellent videos explaining what many people probably missed.

Only knock was I wished they wood have showed a little more during the girl on girl action. Gardener was a cutie who batted for the other team.

Last edited:
I finished the Punisher a couple of weeks ago.

I'm now on Black List. I never saw it when it was on TV. I like it.

I'm waiting for a few new seasons of some others. Outer Banks, Dexter, Ozark.

I might go back and watch Justified. I really liked that show.

Seems as good a place as any to ask:

Anyone on Roku still waiting for HBO/Roku to work something out? Kinda peeved as almost all of my HBO viewing as done on the app, and now they've discontinued it.

Also, need some show recs. So refreshing this as something as an alternative to all the political bs.
So I have roku. I log into the new HBO app (not max, or go, or now). And seems to work. You can also do it via Amazon Prime.

So I have roku. I log into the new HBO app (not max, or go, or now). And seems to work. You can also do it via Amazon Prime.
Do you pay HBO directly; or have HBO through your cable provider?

I have HBO through U-Verse, so I can't use my cable credentials for the regular app.

Also: Do you have access to all the new HBO Max library in the App? I think that's also missing.

A few nights ago I was watching a rerun of The Big Bang Theory, and it had a section with the hottie who was in the Battlestar Galactica remake.
Good for a binge? The show, not the actress. The actress is a given.

I just started watching Lovecraft Country. Man you 60+ old guys were racist af during the 60-70s. Guess its not surprising considering what you say here

Do you pay HBO directly; or have HBO through your cable provider?

I have HBO through U-Verse, so I can't use my cable credentials for the regular app.

Also: Do you have access to all the new HBO Max library in the App? I think that's also missing.
I have hbo through xfinity cable. So I use that to log in. Also I don't have hbo max yet either.

ADVERTISEMENT