ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else ever not sleep

200.gif

For a day or two, not by choice? How do you cope with getting through those days? My slab dealer is in Cedar Rapids but I dont have the energy to get there so that option is out of the window.
I’m usually in for 3-4 all nighters for work.

• Wow
Reactions: Moral
Yes. Doesn’t really bother me. I am a morning person. Out the door every weekday by 4:15am to ride bike. Doesn’t matter when I go to bed or the quality of the sleep.

Stay busy and you won’t notice the lack of sleep.

No closest I come is when we drive to FL to see the in-laws. I try to sleep in the car at night when my wife is driving but it's not very good or deep sleep.

For a day or two, not by choice? How do you cope with getting through those days? My slab dealer is in Cedar Rapids but I dont have the energy to get there so that option is out of the window.
melatonin nyquil

But yeah, those are rough. Caffeine just leaves you even more burnt out after it wears off. I dunno, I usually end up taking cat-naps or at least resting my eyes if hit one of those phases.

No closest I come is when we drive to FL to see the in-laws. I try to sleep in the car at night when my wife is driving but it's not very good or deep sleep.

@Wendy79 is going to be so pissed you responded to this thread in that manner. Read the question!

I have a prescription for ambien that works like a charm. I can just tell when I won’t be able to sleep and pop one and it works.

I still do some part time work as a paramedic. Occasionally I get no sleep. I can get by for a night in a couple of hours but if I get none that night I nap the next day.

You are a tortured artist. Use these periods to create great art! Or at least you could make me an avatar.

• Love
I've had short bouts with it - going through one now. 100% work stress related.

I wouldn't call it "sleeplessness" - like a couple nights without ANY sleep. Just having a difficult time getting and staying asleep. So, I come here to my computer room, no lights on, and peruse the internet for 10-15 minutes without my glasses on. The blurry vision usually strains my eyes to the point of making them tired about the time they actually adjust some.

Usually does the trick. Crawl back into bed and I can usually last the rest of the night. The good thing is if it doesn't get me back to a deep sleep, usually by the time the next evening rolls around I'm dead tired and can crash/sleep fairly easily.

My wife says I'm snoring before my head hits the pillow.

She's in the medical field and takes call so she gets woken up a lot. Even the nights she's on call she doesn't get good sleep. She's getting really tired of it. No pun intended.

ADVERTISEMENT