ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else sick of the kids and their gun law crap?

CelticHawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2011
Hell, there was schooling shootings when I was in high school, and we didn't act like we knew what was best.

How about embracing the kids on the fringe instead of looking for the Gov to solve it for you?

I blame their parents. This generation is soft because of their parents. The crazy thing is, we didn't grow up soft.

Hell, there was schooling shootings when I was in high school, and we didn't act like we knew what was best.

How about embracing the kids on the fringe instead of looking for the Gov to solve it for you?

I blame their parents. This generation is soft because of their parents. The crazy thing is, we didn't grow up soft.

There were few if any school shootings when I was in school. We worried about the Russians nuking us, not military style weapons in the hands of a us citizen coming into our classrooms.

There were few if any school shootings when I was in school. We worried about the Russians nuking us, not military style weapons in the hands of a us citizen coming into our classrooms.

Which in my opinion is worse. We should have been protesting nukes back in the day

My point is the easy access to excessive firepower has caused this problem. I’m with the students.

So instead of asking the Gov to fix things, why not reach out to kids on the fringe? My guess is that might work better. Nothing will done because of these protests and there would be no camaras if they went the route of reaching out.

So instead of asking the Gov to fix things, why not reach out to kids on the fringe? My guess is that might work better. Nothing will done because of these protests and there would be no camaras if they went the route of reaching out.

Proof these are all fringe? This country will reach a tipping point on guns. Maybe it’s starting to tip.

Reactions: MitchL
I love seeing kids be politically active.

Of course they’re going to be naive to an extent.

But it’s great to see them engaged in taking an active role in shaping their world instead of being buried in their electronics.

The kids are alright.

I would agree if I felt it actually was coming from them.

Reactions: dirtypool and OovoO
Yes, because they have so much life experience. Yes, lets all follow them. lololol
What the fvck are you talking about?

They're trying to start a goddamn dialogue because, frankly, the adults haven't done anything for them.

Just like any group that has concerns and is sick and tired of seeing little if anything changed. They are tired of it and are letting people know it.

From 1990 to 1999 there were 62 shootings on school property resulting in 89 deaths.

2000-2009: 63 shootings 105 deaths.

2010 - present: 146 shootings 161 deaths.

There's a trend and it's not for the better. If the adults aren't capable of making some changes, then perhaps the youth can.

I for one welcome their opinions and call to action.

And which life experiences do you gain as you get older that make school shootings OK?

I hope I never gain that experience.

Well, it could happen at church, certain parts of town, work, a concert, etc.......it effects us all. Its not just them, so lets quit acting like it does.

Reactions: RogerKint
Hell no.

I hope they keep it up. I think it's great they're exercising their freedom of expression.

No, what I'm really sick of are all the douchebags trying to quiet them or bully them into stopping their constitutional rights.
Especially the one with the cuban flag on her jacket - she is a winner.

So informed that young lady is, lolololol. We should really listen to her. I hope she runs for office.
Ironic coming from a guy with Celtic in his screen name.

It’s ok for you to be proud of your ethnic heritage but not for this young lady?

Maybe you should go back to Ireland you dirty mick.

America, love it or leave it.

It’s ok for you to be proud of your ethnic heritage but not for this young lady?

Maybe I am a Boston Celtic's fan. Please, make another assumption. Also, pretty sure there was no fascist dictator in Ireland.

Go tell your last line to the 2nd amendment haters...

Reactions: CelticHawk
I have no problem with it but I also don't really care what a bunch of kids think if I'm being honest. I just hope when kids form a 2nd amendments rights group the same people defend and criticize them respectively.

Maybe I am a Boston Celtic's fan. Please, make another assumption. Also, pretty sure there was no fascist dictator in Ireland.

Oh, you don’t like it when someone makes an assumption?

So you know why this girl had a Cuban flag on her jacket based on the conversation you had with her then?

Or are you maybe projecting your own beliefs on her motive?

And you may want to brush up on Irish history. Plenty of political violence and terrorism to pick from.

They're trying to start a goddamn dialogue because, frankly, the adults haven't done anything for them.

Just like any group that has concerns and is sick and tired of seeing little if anything changed. They are tired of it and are letting people know it.

From 1990 to 1999 there were 62 shootings on school property resulting in 89 deaths.

There's a trend and it's not for the better. If the adults aren't capable of making some changes, then perhaps the youth can.

Dialogue with a kid that doesn't understand anything other than what he is fed...

Do you think guns are the problem or the people - haven't seen one march against the shooter! The AR has been around since 1960, why is it the guns fault now? Where are the marches against the FBI and the local law for not doing their job after 40+ calls to them?

irony-found-in-one-headline-340x500.jpg

b20.png

It's not an either or proposition. Reach out to troubled kids, find help for them, and keep guns out of their hands.

Frankly, every student I've heard speaking on the subject does so with more intelligence and thoughtfulness than anything you've posted in this thread.

I guess attacking some people that have personally experienced gun violence is a tactic that qualifies as a "bottom of the barrel" response. They have made some very calculated, sensible statements and have offered some reasonable solutions. I suspect there is a middle ground, but the gun advocates are adopting the "they're going to go door to door" to confiscate weapons fear mongering.

Oh, you don’t like it when someone makes an assumption?

So you know why this girl had a Cuban flag on her jacket based on the conversation you had with her then?

Or are you maybe projecting your own beliefs on her motive?

And you may want to brush up on Irish history. Plenty of political violence and terrorism to pick from.
Why would you wear the flag of a country that took away guns and murdered their citizens? It doesn't paint a pretty picture when you are trying to make a point of taking guns away...it's like Kapernick wearing a "X" hat or a castro t-shirt to his "oppression" talks...

Reactions: ClarindaA's
No.

I will be disappointed if they don't keep it up until things change, however.
I don't see any marches against the shooter, the FBI, local law enforcement, teachers that didn't stop the bullying, texting and driving that kills 11 kids every day (so a Florida shooting every 1.5 days) etc... These kids are great at marching for everything but can't seem to stand up to bullying..

Reactions: Mattski
I don’t care to hear kids preaching because they don’t have the life experiences. Mostly they are just repeating talking points and they wouldn’t be able to have a deep conversation if challenged.

For example: ask them to define AR, ask them how to stop guns being transported across border if laws are tightened, gun show sales, .......

The arguments are difficult for adults and yelling “I don’t want to die” is nice on CNN but it doesn’t carry through the process of getting anything real done.

That being said I am all for more gun control if this helps get adults involved I am all for it.

I hope these young people continue their good work as no one else is seriously trying to solve this problem.
This is very much like the late 60's and early 70's when young people strongly protested the Viet Nam war in places like Kent State. At that time our government said we needed to stay the course to stop the "domino theory". Ha -- the young protesters were right then also.
And also in the 60's the young Freedom Riders who dared to protest racial issues in the South, they were courageous and right in that movement, too.
Just listen to these kids -- they want people to work together on this major problem.

Who is shooting up these schools? Adults? Kids? Are we going to take the advice of the kids that created such toxic environments that their classmates decided to shoot up the school?

Reactions: obfuscating
ADVERTISEMENT