Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Still working from home

Votes: 99 70.2%
  • Back to office now

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Never left the office

Votes: 20 14.2%

• Total voters
What do you do that you can’t go to the office? Our office is technically closed but most of us revenue generators are back.

Our office had been open with people rotating in three different groups. We were just informed today that we all needed to work from home for the next three weeks due to spiking cases.

Still WFH, I’ve been to office 4-5 times since March

home alone except for last couple hours when kids get home from school

Never left the “office” I make multiple pieces of aluminum stick together. We were considered essential when most things were shut down in March.

Wife and 1 daughter still working from home. Wife goes in super early (5AM) once a week to exchange work.

My employer will be leaving us home unless we want to go back in alongside the people who never left. My role is paperless and also supervised electronically so really this could have happened a while back.

What do you do that you can’t go to the office? Our office is technically closed but most of us revenue generators are back.
In finance. Technically, we can get permission to go to the office to get things but work is still being done entirely online from home. A better question is, what do I need to do at the office that I can't do from home?

In finance. Technically, we can get permission to go to the office to get things but work is still being done entirely online from home. A better question is, what do I need to do at the office that I can't do from home?

Experience the thrill of almost getting caught masturbating at work? Now you have to "accidentally" leave your webcam on

Reactions: ThamesHawk
The latest is we will be working from home until July. I can make exceptions if I feel like someone would really benefit from a face to face but the company is still playing everything close to the chest. We are still not having to log any personal miles for our company cars which I have to believe will be going away soon.

Still working from home and if I have a choice, don't care to go back to the office whenever they start opening back up. I've adjusted and have no desire to resume the drive from NL to CR and all the 380 craziness.

Still working from home and if I have a choice, don't care to go back to the office whenever they start opening back up. I've adjusted and have no desire to resume the drive from NL to CR and all the 380 craziness.
Same for me, except mine is 380 from northern CR to southern CR. Get on that road for personal travel and within a minute I'm glad I don't have to do it daily.

That's valid. I read an article that working from home works very well for employees with "data entry" type jobs and those employees probably won't return. But those positions that work in a collaborative work environment-- the big picture, idea guys--do not do well with Zoom meetings, etc. I find that to be accurate.

Have always worked from home. But I work in a lot of the largest employers in Iowa. Scary how desolate they are. This week I was in Transamerica and there was nobody there. Hearing most companies are planning on a return to work in July, some are saying 1/3 will return to work in July then 1/3 in Sept. and the rest back Jan.1 2022. Hoping business picks up...

Reactions: ChrisVarick
We talked about returning to the office briefly in the summer, but then the lock-down came back. Not eager to return really.

The latest is we will be working from home until July. I can make exceptions if I feel like someone would really benefit from a face to face but the company is still playing everything close to the chest. We are still not having to log any personal miles for our company cars which I have to believe will be going away soon.

Company car? Insurance or sales?

At home. Doubt that will change anytime soon. Prob the Fall at the earliest.

Mostly still working from home. Can drop by the office for short periods of time though, if necessary.

I was out of the office for about 4 weeks and then in as needed for 2 weeks. I have been on site since May. Small office and nearly everyone has their own space.

Have always worked from home. But I work in a lot of the largest employers in Iowa. Scary how desolate they are. This week I was in Transamerica and there was nobody there. Hearing most companies are planning on a return to work in July, some are saying 1/3 will return to work in July then 1/3 in Sept. and the rest back Jan.1 2022. Hoping business picks up...

I work for a large employer like Trans. We are saying to employees we will return in July. I'm in meetings and we won't be back this year. Then when we can "return" we know that people will be accustomed to WFH and we will have to offer it to retain and attract talent.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Yep, still wfh. I’m old school I guess because I miss the office. I get the advantages of wfh - it’s awesome to switch laundry between meetings but this zoom shit can eff off.

I’ve worked from home for years, but the Mrs has been working from home since March. As a physical therapist for special Ed kids, that is quite an experience. Nothing better than trying to teach physically and mentally challenged kids how to walk via a Zoom meeting.

That's valid. I read an article that working from home works very well for employees with "data entry" type jobs and those employees probably won't return. But those positions that work in a collaborative work environment-- the big picture, idea guys--do not do well with Zoom meetings, etc. I find that to be accurate.

q4w-RP.gif

Permanently working from home. Ain't even mad on days where the weather is crappy. Can just look out the window and shrug my shoulders instead of having to deal with the idiots on 235 trying to get home.

I haven't worked from home yet. I honestly had no idea that there were any people still working from home.

I've been WFH since I started in June and never got an office. My teammates are spread out across the Central region so I can WFH effectively since no coworkers are in the same city. When I don't go to Delivery Stations for site visits whenever that is reinstated, I will be 100% WFH. I'm a lot more productive at home, but need to learn to disconnect at night better.

Work for a large company in CR, working from home until at least July. Position I am in I will probably remain at home. I just have meetings virtually all day regardless of if I am sitting at my desk at work or home.

Working from home, and sounding like that will be more of a permanent option after Covid. We always had the flexibility to WFH as long as our team knew where we were, we are now hiring people more regional than just in the Corridor.

I may go in for meetings etc. but honestly I get so much of my day back wfh, and I really didn't have a long commute to begin with.

Last edited:
I’ve been working for home since 2015. I’ve now got a laboratory, medical marijuana distribution compan, and psilocybin research and pharmaceutical company in the Caribbean; a laboratory and a CBD and beer brewery in Palm City, a residential and outpatient addiction facility in Panama City; a medical equipment and wholesale pharmaceutical company out of Jacksonville and a medical records and medical risk management company out of Tallahassee. So I’m working full time for myself.

Fortunately while Covid has possibly killed my addiction facility in Panama City and really hurt the numbers of my CBD and beer brewery in Palm City, it’s been huge in boosting revenue at my labs, medical equipment company and the research and pharma companies. So I’ve been hurt in part but helped more than I’ve been hurt by diversification.

I didn't ever leave, although most of my company is still WFH that is not directly tied to production.

I moved office locations a few months ago. Ran into one of those "tuna surprises" from someone who left mid-March and never returned. Not a good thing.

My experience is the more formal the event, the better zoom works. It is no substitute for getting a colleague or 2 in the office to bounce issues and thoughts around. I probably work from home 1 day a week or sometimes I will leave at noon and work from home, if there is something written I need to hammer out.

I haven't worked from home yet. I honestly had no idea that there were any people still working from home.
Downtown DSM is still a ghost town. Amazed there as many eateries as there are which haven’t folded with the lack of foot traffic.

ADVERTISEMENT