ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever seen a Led Zeppelin cover band?

BrianNole09

HR Legend
May 8, 2005
I saw a bunch of them about 10 years ago. There's one called Zoso that's coming to Virginia. I'm going to see it. I rage hard and sing. It's amazing.

CSB.

actually used to be an excellent one that played at the chance in Poughkeepsie when I lived in upstate NY. but that was like 1987 or 88 cannot recall the name

Daytona Beach has an all-summer-long series of free concerts at the beachfront band shell. All the good tribute bands come through. I did not see the Led Zeppelin cover band, but the Eagles tribute band was freaking awesome. We saw another band that appeared as Simon and Garfunkel, took a break, and came back as Crosby Stills Nash and Young.

More entertaining than the real thing in some ways.

Here's this year's lineup:

https://www.daytonabeach.com/events/music/bandshell-concerts/

5.31.16-Daytona-Bandshell-500x171.png

I love Zoso. My girlfriend and I caught them in Dallas at the House of Blues in August 2016 and we instantly became fans. Unfortunately, we live in Oklahoma City and they have yet to play in Oklahoma or return to Dallas. Will definitely catch them again when they come through. Very solid sound.

These tribute bands are kind of strange. They'll play shows in towns like Fort Smith or Jefferson City but then totally skip places like Houston and Denver.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Here's the weird thing about cover bands to me. I've been to see Brit Floyd a few times. They use old Pink Floyd stage sets so the show looks exactly like they did when Pink Floyd was on stage. They sound so much like Pink Floyd it's like being at the real thing. Great show. That's all well and good and as it should be. But after the show, people line up to buy the CD's of a band that's doing everything it possibly can to sound like another band. Why wouldn't you just buy Pink Floyd CD's?

I saw Lez Zeppelin once. They did a great job. The girl that played guitar was phenomenal.

I saw Lez Zeppelin once, too!

It was an interesting crowd. There were younger lesbians in the front and they were making out (no pics) and some of the older lesbians walked up to them and yelled at them saying they were giving lesbians a bad name by behaving like that. One of the younger lesbians freaked out and she got kicked out of the show.

CSB.

Reactions: UKGrad93
I saw Lez Zeppelin once, too!

It was an interesting crowd. There were younger lesbians in the front and they were making out (no picd) and some of the older lesbians walked up to them and yelled at them saying they were giving lesbians a bad name by behaving like that. One of the younger lesbians freaked out and she got kicked out of the show.

CSB.
When I saw them, Iowa had just passed the bill that allowed gay marriage. Someone in the crowd yelled out, "You can get married now!". The band just had an awkward silence.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Monsters of Rock - Alpine Valley?

FiB. In May, I have tix to see In This Moment. Been meaning to mention as I owe this event to the picture of Maria Brink you put up a few years back (I think). Psyched to see them- well her mostly.,

Will report back

FiB. In May, I have tix to see In This Moment. Been meaning to mention as I owe this event to the picture of Maria Brink you put up a few years back (I think). Psyched to see them- well her mostly.,

Will report back
Excellent. She is my type of weird. I think I have one show in me this year - Northern Invasion.

Reactions: DrVenkman
I was flipping through channels last week and came across a fundraiser on IPTV and they were showing a Led Zep tribute band. It was pretty good.

It's interesting how they can come out with phenomenal tribute bands for Zeppelin, The Beatles, Prince, Janis, Elvis, etc.......but never the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Talk about a hard act to duplicate on stage. Guess we'll have to wait for the hologram.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT