ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone get a raise lately?

Tldr: if you are a talented individual with a solid work ethic right now and your company barley gives you a cost of living increase, shop them.
EXACTLY what the wifey is going to do. I told her when she puts her 2 weeks in they will giver her a raise.

The amount of leverage employees have right now is off the charts.

EXACTLY what the wifey is going to do. I told her when she puts her 2 weeks in they will giver her a raise.

The amount of leverage employees have right now is off the charts.
I believe over the next 12 months, with work from home only compounding this, we are going to see more and more companies make cuts on who actually helps the company and who is fluff. We don't have thr loyalty of "Bob is always last in sales but he is a great team player" right now. The good ones will make more and the also runs are going to be competing in a new and volatile job market. If I were a fringe person or had some skeletons with my current company I would jump ship NOW because you may not be the one calling the shots in 8 months.

I got a small one. This year my student loans finally went away on my credit report (public loan forgiveness). I may buy a house with the extra cash and higher credit score. Currently living with the girlfriend, she gets assistance for disability and very low rent so I just pay a small amount to her as reimbursement and all of our utilities are covered.
Holy shit you really are a peice of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT