ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone get window replacement quotes lately?

We had our entire main floor windows replaced last summer, minus transom windows. We went with double-pane Restorations, made by Sunrise Windows. I think they’re based in Wisconsin? I’d never heard of them, but Hometown Restyling in CR did the work, and they spoke praises about them. We’ve had amazing experiences with Hometown on past projects, so we pulled the trigger. They’re very impressive. The efficiency of them is obviously excellent, but what really surprised me was how much quieter really good windows made the house. The entire project cost just under 16k.
Can I ask how many windows in total that was and their approximate dimensions? Appreciate your input.

Can I ask how many windows in total that was and their approximate dimensions? Appreciate your input.

I'm not home this week, so I can't tell you the dimensions. Off the top of my head, they replaced eight windows. All of them have either two or three individual sliding units. They're big windows. I feel like the price for the project was a bit expensive, but Hometown does excellent work.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
See....we can agree on some things ;)
I have a couple of Pella sliders…25-30 yrs old and they have been excellent in performance and wear..Tge older if the two gets tons of action (house to pool) and a couple of years ago I replaced the rollers on it….
I put Hayfield windows in about 25 years ago and they have been wonderful windows…
That’s my two cents..

I have a couple of Pella sliders…25-30 yrs old and they have been excellent in performance and wear..Tge older if the two gets tons of action (house to pool) and a couple of years ago I replaced the rollers on it….
I put Hayfield windows in about 25 years ago and they have been wonderful windows…
That’s my two cents..

The quality of Pella has went down hill, but yet they keep upping the prices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT