ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to #cancelnetflix?

As soon as I finish Cobra Kai, Season 2 then I'm done. Can't wait to see who is good and bad: Johnny or Daniel. My mind is blown after Season 1. Then I will renew when next Ozarks and Stranger Things seasons come out and cancel 1 month later after binge watching everyday.

What will you do with all that dough you save between binges? Happy Meal?

I'm getting rid of cable TV in favor of streaming options. NetFlix doesn't fit into the new picture. Is that better?
tenor.gif

I'm almost certain to take Netflix's side in whatever this is. I would bet on their vetting process over Q morons.

Reactions: torbee
I read some stuff about this and I dont think I am going to cancel Netflix just because they didn't recommed this sexy movie to me.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I just finished watching. The characterization of it by the right completely off base. The movie actually is the opposite and a candid look at the sexualization of young girls combined with social media and smart phones. Has nothing major at all maybe 5 minutes of them learning and then doing a dance not that unlike what I frankly have seen at half time basketball shows and dance recitals, and though ”how weird” to myself. Completely opposite of how cancel Qanon is trying to spin. A cautionary tale against this slide in society and its impact on young girls

Reactions: Moral
I just finished watching. The characterization of it by the right completely off base. The movie actually is the opposite and a candid look at the sexualization of young girls combined with social media and smart phones. Has nothing major at all maybe 5 minutes of them learning and then doing a dance not that unlike what I frankly have seen at half time basketball shows and dance recitals, and though ”how weird” to myself. Completely opposite of how cancel Qanon is trying to spin. A cautionary tale against this slide in society and its impact on young girls
Orrrrrrrr......you just like looking at little girls.

Orrrrrrrr......you just like looking at little girls.

Isn't that part of the problem here? You're also serving up perverse enjoyment at the expense of minors. (well, actually -- they're getting paid, so maybe not so much)

Of course I can understand the artistic argument.

Of course the artistic argument would still exist with images 10x as lewd.

So where is the line drawn?

And... Go!

Isn't that part of the problem here? You're also serving up perverse enjoyment at the expense of minors. (well, actually -- they're getting paid, so maybe not so much)

Of course I can understand the artistic argument.

Of course the artistic argument would still exist with images 10x as lewd.

So where is the line drawn?

And... Go!
And therein lies the crux. The line keeps moving and will never stop with these people.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Maybe this doc could be done without the clips of girls doing that? I get the point but it seems like a fine line. (I have not and probably will not see the film). This may hit a little close to home with problems in the junior high.

Maybe this doc could be done without the clips of girls doing that? I get the point but it seems like a fine line. (I have not and probably will not see the film). This may hit a little close to home with problems in the junior high.
I think the very essence of this film is to do just that and hit close to home with problems in the junior high in this era of tik tok, Snapchat and Instagram coupled with the objectification of girls at a very young age. It does not glorify it and points out the consequences that ensue.

Reactions: Moral
Nope, but I don’t watch Netflix much anyway. Cuties is much ado about nothing.

That's what I've been seeing from people who've actually watched it. The original artwork Netflix used to promote the movie was probably a mistake. So was the description. I said in an earlier post that I didn't want to criticize a movie before I saw it, but I think a lot of people did just that. People on the right whose opinion I respect have said the movie has been mischaracterized. I still don't want it in my viewing history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT