ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to the gym regularly yet?

jasonrann

HR Legend
Apr 11, 2007
I have started to shed a few Covid pounds and am returning to my gym for the first time after work today. I am curious if anyone is going and what your experiences have been. Are people cleaning equipment before and after use? Are people wearing masks? Anyone having sexy time in the showers?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Its a smaller 'boutique' gym with usually only 5 -10 people. Distancing is usually ok. Most people don't seem to be wiping equipment but I do before and after. Every once in a while a douche pulls up right next to me but I'll just look at them and move. Not many wearing masks... i don't.

Edit: the gym closes from 1-3 for deep cleaning.

Yes. Its a smaller 'boutique' gym with usually only 5 -10 people. Distancing is usually ok. Most people don't seem to be wiping equipment but I do before and after. Every once in a while a douche pulls up right next to me but I'll just look at them and move. Not many wearing masks... i don't.

The gym I go to is about as "non-meat head" as you can imagine, it's sort of the artsy fartsy group here in KC's midtown. I am guessing there will be a lot of mask wearers. I brought one just in case.

I’ve been back in the gym since beginning of June. Only trainers have masks and we are up to 20-30 people in the gym.

Reactions: jasonrann
I've been back for over a month. Early on, there weren't many people, but now it's started to pick up. I go early in the morning when there aren't that many people there.

Each person is screened for temp and symptoms when they enter, and each person gets a towel and spray bottle. Almost no one wears a mask (staff are required to). I wear one, but pull it down when I'm in the middle of a lift or doing cardio.

I have started to shed a few Covid pounds and am returning to my gym for the first time after work today. I am curious if anyone is going and what your experiences have been. Are people cleaning equipment before and after use? Are people wearing masks? Anyone having sexy time in the showers?

Thanks in advance.
My wife is a trainer at TRIBE training and they are full go. Everyone has to use their own weights/bags and clean them after. She also wipes everything down after class as well. No one has wore a mask she said. As far as sexy shower time, I'm sure one of you bastards is giving it to her in there.

Yes. I usually go mid afternoon and not at peak times, so my experience has been the same as before. Very few people in there when I am.

Yes. I usually go mid afternoon and not at peak times, so my experience has been the same as before. Very few people in there when I am.

I am going to go after work a few times just to get started. I will eventually shift to mornings before work which is my favorite time to go.

I know there have been other threads on this, but I'm too lazy to look. What kind of meal plans are you following? I have been doing intermittent fasting basically eating between noon and 8:00 pm. I eat nothing after that. Given that I am going to want to start building muscle again, I'm not sure that plan will cut it.

Thanks in advance.
Idk if anyone has or not but check out the peloton app. Great fitness app with tons of videos for a monthly subscription. Highly suggest as that is what me and my wife have been using

Yep. For about a month now.

once the YMCA opened I was in like a booger. I’ve been hitting it harder than ever- 5 days a week.

Now that I know it could be any moment ish is taken away imma crush the weight. I also, unfortunately am at my heaviest I’ve ever been- 205 lbs

Yep. For about a month now.

once the YMCA opened I was in like a booger. I’ve been hitting it harder than ever- 5 days a week.

Now that I know it could be any moment ish is taken away imma crush the weight. I also, unfortunately am at my heaviest I’ve ever been- 205 lbs

I was at 235 at the beginning of the year and was down to about 228 before the virus shutdowns started. Checked this morning and I'm at 232. I'm 6'1'' with a pretty large frame, but I am nowhere near shirtless swimming body yet. My goal is to get down to a fit 215.

Another question related to alcohol consumption. How often do you drink and how much are you drinking? I am going to have to cut back pretty significantly to get where I want to be.

Reactions: Rustys Dad

tenor.gif

Reactions: lucas80
I have been going at 6 am a lot, or mid afternoon to beat the crowds. I have done some hot mom classes, in fact I went to one this morning. We each take a spot in an exercise room with a mat for floor work, and individual weights. No mask in the room. Every time I transit around the room I have a mask on, and am fanatical about spraying and wiping equipment before and after I use it. Including the hot moms.

Thanks in advance.
My gym, which is owned by the city, is not open yet.

I am going to go after work a few times just to get started. I will eventually shift to mornings before work which is my favorite time to go.

I know there have been other threads on this, but I'm too lazy to look. What kind of meal plans are you following? I have been doing intermittent fasting basically eating between noon and 8:00 pm. I eat nothing after that. Given that I am going to want to start building muscle again, I'm not sure that plan will cut it.

I eat once in the morning, once at night. My problem during quarantine is my meals have been accompanied by cocktails.

I haven't been back and I need to decide if I'm going to keep the membership.

I've been going to Planet Fitness. The employees all wear masks and the patrons have not, but I believe everyone has been pretty good about wiping down their area after finishing their workout.

I'm trying to get into a routine where I go to the gym or go biking everyday, depending on weather or if have appointments to keep.

Doing Insanity at home. Finishing up week 2. Was sore as F, but feeling better now.

Another question related to alcohol consumption. How often do you drink and how much are you drinking? I am going to have to cut back pretty significantly to get where I want to be.
I drastically cut my alcohol intake - especially on the vodka front. Now, I pretty much will have a beer if I am grilling ... I didn't realize how bloated the alcohol was making me feel ...

I feel so much better since I cut back... mentally and physically (mentally, especially).

On the gym front, I cancelled my membership to Anytime Fitness. Belonged to a gym for the past 17 years ... but during this period of working from home I invested in a rowing machine and a Total Gym (use your own body weight for resistance).

I decided I'd prefer to workout from home (which I never thought I would say or think) ... Cheers to your goals!

No need to now as I can bike or hike about every day.

I am thinking I will buy a treadmill for the Winter. My guess is that they will close again before long.

I drastically cut my alcohol intake - especially on the vodka front. Now, I pretty much will have a beer if I am grilling ... I didn't realize how bloated the alcohol was making me feel ...

I feel so much better since I cut back... mentally and physically (mentally, especially).

On the gym front, I cancelled my membership to Anytime Fitness. Belonged to a gym for the past 17 years ... but during this period of working from home I invested in a rowing machine and a Total Gym (use your own body weight for resistance).

I decided I'd prefer to workout from home (which I never thought I would say or think) ... Cheers to your goals!

I hear you on the alcohol thing. Bourbon is my nemesis. I am definitely a creature of habit. First thing I typically do when I get home from work is grab a tall boy and a couple fingers of bourbon. One of the reasons I am starting to go to the gym after work is it will eliminate any desire for alcohol when I get home. I hope it works. It will significantly expedite results if I can do it.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I do Farrell’s kickboxing. We’re required to spray sanitizer at our station before and after. So far so good. Classes are limited to 20.

Been going to two, one is operated by the city and has half of the equipment closed off and has a masks at all times policy, other one is like nothing changed except for separate doors for entering and leaving.

Please do not confuse this post with going to see a man named Jim for some hanky panky.

I started once gyms opened up here in Nevada. Lifetime Fitness is good about having a number of its employees sanitize the equipment frequently.

Gym isn't open here.

I can lift in the basement including overhead work provided I aim between the rafters, so my #'s haven't drastically fallen. Iron plates aren't good on concrete floors though so the deadlift has suffered. More distractions at home.

I hear you on the alcohol thing. Bourbon is my nemesis. I am definitely a creature of habit. First thing I typically do when I get home from work is grab the pool boy and put a couple of fingers in him after some bourbon. One of the reasons I am starting to go to the gym after work is it will eliminate any desire to fornicate with him when I get home. I hope it works. It will significantly expedite results if I can do it.
FIFY

I have mostly stopped showering at the gym. Enclosed space even with the doors propped open, and the shower room gets even less circulation and who knows who has sneezed or coughed in there. Only after a long steam will I shower there. Otherwise I wait until I get home.

ADVERTISEMENT