ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have their own tortilla press?

Keep going dude, you're totally pwning this.
633bc8c9a7ecee4745837bb004e73afc.gif

Our spouses may roll their eyes with each purchase but they willingly consume delicious foods put on their plates! That, and it is great to produce quality foods for our kids and that they recognize it. I know my son in particular is becoming a snob with regard to at least some types of food. God forbid if he was raised by @FSUTribe76; the poor lad wouldn't be able to eat a perfectly delicious and cooked steak without lamenting the fact its marbling was not the result of the consumption of exotic acorns and forage from a secluded reserve in the Arkansas. ;)

Technically, I get most (80-90%) of my beef from either directly from 1) Deep Roots Ranch in Greenville FL which has 100% forage fed, no pesticide or nutritional supplementation, Black Angus cattle who eat exclusive indigo, field pea, millet, Bahia grass and sorghum in large open rotating fields (they brag that they view themselves as farmers of indigo and peas who incidentally let cows eat all their produce but they’re not traditional ranchers, the cows only have human interaction about once a month to move them between giant fenced fields) or 2) Arrowhead Ranch in Chipley which is a grass fed and grass finished operation where the Wagyu, Angus, Parthenaise and Limousin cattle are raised in two rotating fields of just whatever grows naturally supplemented with sorghum syrup soaked Bahia hay. The Parthenaise and Limousin are the exact opposite of the ultra buttery but not beefy Wagyu with an emphasis on strong beefy flavor but low fat. The other 10-20% of beef I get are matters of convenience or price. I do like to pick up a flap steak from Costco where the cows are typical corn and processed feed fed and if I’m in a steak or ground beef emergency I’ll pick up some corn and processed feed fed cow meat from Publix (pre-Covid) or Fresh Market (pre-Covid and current as they do a much better job with the cleaning, social distancing and mask enforcement than Publix does).

Last edited:
The secret white devil in me says

Technically, I get most (80-90%) of my beef from either directly from 1) Deep Roots Ranch in Greenville FL which has 100% forage fed, no pesticide or nutritional supplementation, Black Angus cattle who eat exclusive indigo, field pea, millet, Bahia grass and sorghum in large open rotating fields (they brag that they view themselves as farmers of indigo and peas who incidentally let cows eat all their produce but they’re not traditional ranchers, the cows only have human interaction about once a month to move them between giant fenced fields) or 2) Arrowhead Ranch in Chipley which is a grass fed and grass finished operation where the Wagyu, Angus, Parthenaise and Limousin cattle are raised in two rotating fields of just whatever grows naturally supplemented with sorghum syrup soaked Bahia hay. The Parthenaise and Limousin are the exact opposite of the ultra buttery but not beefy Wagyu with an emphasis on strong beefy flavor but low fat. The other 10-20% of beef I get are matters of convenience or price. I do like to pick up a flap steak from Costco where the cows are typical corn and processed feed fed and if I’m in a steak or ground beef emergency I’ll pick up some corn and processed feed fed cow meat from Publix (pre-Covid) or Fresh Market (pre-Covid and current as they do a much better job with the cleaning, social distancing and mask enforcement than Publix does).
Yeah he'd be way less picky if he ate that on the reg 😀

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT