ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have young voters voting for the first time?

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Two who turned 18 years old four months ago here. I don’t discuss politics with the kids other than answering questions. My wife is usually more of a moderate (until this election) and asked them who they would be voting for. Stepson said, “Not the guy who calls Mexicans rapists and murderers”. My daughter responded, “What woman in their right mind would vote for Trump?” We got right in the car and voted as a family at the nearest early polling location. Wife and I got to double our vote this year. 😁

Anyone else?

Daughter first vote this year. 19 no pics.

We did absentee ballots. She was a little bummed she didn’t get to experience the Election Day thing. I told her it’s not that interesting/different.

She voted Biden despite best efforts from the Trump/farming kids she usually hangs with. I think her college friends helped sway that. Plus our anti-Trump rhetoric

THE_LITTLE_DEVIL was all set to and then Covid struck last week. Timing wise he maybe negative in time to vote. We tried to get him to vote early like his parents but he was not bright enough to listen. [Edit] to add I have no idea how he will vote.

Two, one went with his mother and they did the curbside voting thing at the assessor's, the other one just went yesterday with his gf.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Two who turned 18 years old four months ago here. I don’t discuss politics with the kids other than answering questions. My wife is usually more of a moderate (until this election) and asked them who they would be voting for. Stepson said, “Not the guy who calls Mexicans rapists and murderers”. My daughter responded, “What woman in their right mind would vote for Trump?” We got right in the car and voted as a family at the nearest early polling location. Wife and I got to double our vote this year. 😁

Anyone else?
Tried to get ballots for my grandchildren, age 4 and 10, but didn't succeed. ;)

Anyone else?
You did good!

My youngest son turned 18 in May and we all voted absentee from home the day they arrived and I couriered the ballots into the Auditor the next day. I asked him about a week later who he voted for and he said, "Not Trump." Judging by the influence his mother has over him, it was probably straight Democratic preference. He's a smart kid.

Anyone else?
My youngest is 18. We sent his ballot in for him. My wife is pissed because he voted for Marianette Miller-Meeks 😂. He was smart enough to vote for Biden and Greenfield though.

I’ve been trying to get my daughter to vote. I don’t think I have been successful but I guess we will see if she goes with us Tuesday. She is a Bernie supporter and genuinely a good person so I have no doubt she would vote for Biden. Her boyfriend is a my vote doesn’t matter so why vote people. And she is taking a government class this semester, and her professor said voting doesn’t matter so I kind of have the deck stacked against me.

My niece IS 20 but this is her first presidential election. Given that she is gay and campaigned for Mayor Pete, I'm pretty confident that she is voting blue.

Reactions: nelly02
Shocking. A thread of failures admitting that their shortcomings aren't just stopping with their own lives. Unfortunate for our country.
Thank goodness no woman has ever let you ejaculate inside her without a condom, a 20, and that pint of Hawkeye you promised.

Reactions: torbee
My youngest is 18. We sent his ballot in for him. My wife is pissed because he voted for Marianette Miller-Meeks 😂. He was smart enough to vote for Biden and Greenfield though.

He probably likes her sexy Dutch Boy hairdo. He's your son after all (allegedly).

Reactions: lucas80
My youngest brother just turned 21 so this is his first presidential election. He's a little more nervous than I am. He keeps trying to convince me not to vote for Trump and reminding me to remember to vote. Like, yeah, I know. He voted early in person and keeps going back and forth between worrying that I didn't and understanding why I'm comfortable waiting until 11/4 (and he does not like that joke).

Shocking. A thread of failures admitting that their shortcomings aren't just stopping with their own lives. Unfortunate for our country.
My oldest who is studying computer science and chemical engineering at the university of Illinois voted straight ticket democrat.

On top of her course load she is doing club sports, joined a sorority (no pics you pervs) and does volunteer work. Yeah she is a complete failure and I am sure will amount to nothing.

He is oddly impressed that she’s a doctor. Tried to tell him there are plenty of dumbass doctors - hell we have a few here 😉 - but he was adamant.
That is so true. I don’t know why people see that title of Dr. and automatically assume they know what the hell they are doing. It’s kind of sad to admit but ehhh.

Voting was never really valued in my wife’s family. Proud to say that my wife, her brother, and their 72 year old dad are all voting for the first time this year. I’ll let you guess for who.

My oldest who is studying computer science and chemical engineering at the university of Illinois voted straight ticket democrat.

On top of her course load she is doing club sports, joined a sorority (no pics you pervs) and does volunteer work. Yeah she is a complete failure and I am sure will amount to nothing.
She doesn't sound at all like she's on her way to becoming known for being so ridiculous that she's hard to obviously parody like a certain golfer who posts here

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Remind him of his choice when he is cut from your health care coverage at 22, and MMM is still, “working on a great plan”.

My two oldest voted. We were going up to Minneapolis to see the boy over a weekend and we took his ballot with us, let him fill it out, and then we brought it back. None of us trusted the USPS for it.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
He is oddly impressed that she’s a doctor. Tried to tell him there are plenty of dumbass doctors - hell we have a few here 😉 - but he was adamant.

She's an ophthalmologist though, so...I dunno, takes a bit more to impress me I guess. He's young, probably trying to stay "fair and balanced".😆

Reactions: torbee

When my now 24 year old son (the one in the middle) was a teenager, he expressed to me that if he was able to vote he'd be voting for Rudy Giuliani.

He's never voted and has never registered to vote. I consider that a very good thing actually.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT