ADVERTISEMENT

anyone heard of Tame Impala?

DSMan

Scout Team
Nov 12, 2006
If not, you should check them out, especially there first two albums. The way I'd describe them is with a Beck's Bolero type sound to it - but with 21st century sound technology.

I thought Currents was decent. Didn't that come out mid 2015ish? I remember liking it, but never going back to it. Every once in a while they pop up on spotify/pandora. If you like them, check out Future Islands or The War Against Drugs.

About 4 years ago had a friend who is into super black metal reco them. At the same time had a stoner kid tell me I should give them some time. Can't say I have become their biggest fan, but pull them out every now and then. Really want to see their live set.

I thought Currents was decent. Didn't that come out mid 2015ish? I remember liking it, but never going back to it. Every once in a while they pop up on spotify/pandora. If you like them, check out Future Islands or The War Against Drugs.

currents is pretty good, though I have to admit its not what I was expecting as it doesn't have the sort of space-rock vibe of Innerspeaker or Lonerism. My favorite song on currents is probably "In the moment" which reminds me a little bit of hypnotized by fm.

Seen both Tame Impala and Future Islands live, both awesome shows.

Tame was at lollapalooza and FI was at a small venue in Pittsburg, so. Ugh different. But man, the lead song of FI gives it his all and puts on a heck of a show.

Would recommend both for sure!

couldn't see what people liked about future islands. then they came out that track, 'ran' - really great song, now kind of like them.

new war on drugs album this week, no?

I am late to the party on Tame Impala (wished I would have seen this thread), and this was recommended based on my YouTube playlist, and I have been playing it all this week. Ready to download the album at this point. Reminiscent of Lennon circa Magical Mystery Tour if he’d had modern technology. Love it...

Reactions: NLHawkeye88
I am late to the party on Tame Impala (wished I would have seen this thread), and this was recommended based on my YouTube playlist, and I have been playing it all this week. Ready to download the album at this point. Reminiscent of Lennon circa Magical Mystery Tour if he’d had modern technology. Love it...

surprised he's playing a rickenbacker in that video. I would assume that sort of spaced out type of sound they're known for would be via a strat.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT