ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here ever spent time in Juarez?

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
I got an offer today to do some work there for several weeks, maybe a month. How unsafe is it for Americans? I could make some pretty good coin, but that doesn't do me much good if I'm hanging from a bridge. Do they only do that to rival cartel members?

Also, I don't speak Spanish. Should I pass?

I got an offer today to do some work there for several weeks, maybe a month. How unsafe is it for Americans? I could make some pretty good coin, but that doesn't do me much good if I'm hanging from a bridge. Do they only do that to rival cartel members?

i strongly advise going to Juarez. Have never heard good things about Americans going over there since the Cartels took over that City.

I rented a car in El Paso and their first question was do I plan on going over the border. If I was going to then they would not insure the car and I would have to pay for it if it was stolen. Appears a ver high percentage of cars going over get swiped. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

My uncle works in Juarez, lives in Las Cruces. He’s seen terrible things, a headless body, a coworker who was Mexican and in charge of shipping was gunned down with his daughter and young son.

• Sad
Reactions: TheCainer
A quick search of Wiki crime statistics shows that the annual homicide rate in Juarez is about 1 out of every 957 people. Roughly 1 out of every 315 Americans died from COVID. I survived two and a half years of COVID, so I'm mathematically just as likely to survive a month in Juarez.

A quick search of Wiki crime statistics shows that the annual homicide rate in Juarez is about 1 out of every 957 people. Roughly 1 out of every 315 Americans died from COVID. I survived two and a half years of COVID, so I'm mathematically just as likely to survive a month in Juarez.

I think you need to check that math again.

Read first sentence again 🙂
Wiki says the annual homicide rate in Juarez is 104.54 per 100,000 residents. That's 1 out of every 957 people in an average year. If we extrapolate this over a 2 1/2 year period, that's roughly 1 homicide for every 383 people in Juarez.

1.049 million Americans died of COVID out of a population of roughly 331 million. That's about 1 out of every 315 people over the course of 2 1/2 years.

So over the course of the past 2 1/2 years, I was statistically slightly more likely to die of COVID here at home than I would have been likely to be murdered in Juarez if I had stayed there the entire time.

Wiki says the annual homicide rate in Juarez is 104.54 per 100,000 residents. That's 1 out of every 957 people in an average year. If we extrapolate this over a 2 1/2 year period, that's roughly 1 homicide for every 383 people in Juarez.

1.049 million Americans died of COVID out of a population of roughly 331 million. That's about 1 out of every 315 people over the course of 2 1/2 years.

So over the course of the past 2 1/2 years, I was statistically slightly more likely to die of COVID here at home than I would have been likely to be murdered in Juarez if I had stayed there the entire time.
The difference is, you can avoid being fat, diabetic, etc…. You can’t avoid being in Juarez, while working in Juarez

No bueno

Your first sentence says “i strongly advise going to Juarez.”

Then you tell him it’s dangerous since the cartels took over.

Therefore, one would think you wish ill on OP. Pretty sure you meant to say you would NOT advise going there.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I dated a woman from Juarez once. Her phone camera was broken so she could only ever send old pics, and she couldn’t call because her mic was broken too, and I had to keep sending her money for food and car tires. She said it was safe there and that I should come visit.

Your first sentence says “i strongly advise going to Juarez.”

Then you tell him it’s dangerous since the cartels took over.

Therefore, one would think you wish ill on OP. Pretty sure you meant to say you would NOT advise going there.
I think you were referring to a different post. My post that you replied to was in reference to Trad telling me to check my math.

Pic of wife that will need comforting after an appropriate 10-14 day period of mourning?

Pic of wife that will need comforting after an appropriate 10-14 day period of mourning?
There's no need to wait 10-14 days. She can be all yours right now.

Edited to add that I probably shouldn't have said that. I wouldn't even wish her on you.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer
Went in the 90s and it was safe.
My uncle and aunt live in El Paso since about 1964. They loved going over there until early 2000s. They wont go back but in its heyday it was a fun/safe place.

There's no need to wait 10-14 days. She can be all yours right now.

Edited to add that I probably shouldn't have said that. I wouldn't even wish her on you.
Well, then you really shouldn't go to Juarez, then. It would cost her $500 tops to have you whacked, and, not in the good way, in Juarez.

Reactions: TailgateTom
I dated a woman from Juarez once. Her phone camera was broken so she could only ever send old pics, and she couldn’t call because her mic was broken too, and I had to keep sending her money for food and car tires. She said it was safe there and that I should come visit.
Not even any old pics?

• Haha
Reactions: Moral
Not even any old pics?

Here is one. All of her pics had this weird writing on it. Must be a Mexican thing I think.

depositphotos_3818226-stock-photo-smiling-latin-woman.jpg

Oh, the math itself checks out, but it misses the larger picture.

95 percent of Americans who died from COVID had one foot in the grave already.

In Juarez, it's the young and healthy people who are getting killed.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Also, the watermark line makes it look like her mouth has been hooked by a fisherman.

Reactions: Moral

I say go to Juarez.

But to be safe, I suggest anytime you must walk outside anywhere to drop your pants and masturbate. Why? Because I don’t think anyone has been shot while masturbating. And if you do get shot, then you’ll be the first guy to be murdered while wanking it, and you’ll get one helluva tombstone and immortalized forever on HORT.

broad9bsfdh.gif

I say go to Juarez.

But to be safe, I suggest anytime you must walk outside anywhere to drop your pants and masturbate. Why? Because I don’t think anyone has been shot while masturbating. And if you do get shot, then you’ll be the first guy to be murdered while wanking it, and you’ll get one helluva tombstone and immortalized forever on HORT.
PGbXBRC.gif

Reactions: beanerhawk
i strongly advise going to Juarez. Have never heard good things about Americans going over there since the Cartels took over that City.

Haha. Whoopsies! Sorry OP, I DON’T advise going to Juarez.
Only poster I advise to go is Chiz, I’ll even give him a ride to the border!

Last edited:

Don't go to the donkey show alone. :)

Reactions: noleclone2
In the early 70’s I was stationed in Fort Bliss near El Paso. Juarez was off limits to us but of course we would sneak over anyway. Not a real safe place even then before all the drugs.

El Paso must really suck because my son has a buddy whose parents moved from there to Minot, ND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT