ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone on death's door, or know someone who is . . . ?

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Hell of a deal right here!

290893952_1914490685408750_7257855939618419260_n.jpg

The sad thing is someone will buy it. Saving $2k or so is still saving $2k for some folks.

Well you try being dead two years without formaldehyde and body excretions leaking out of your dead anal cavity!

Awfully picky for someone about to save $10K-plus on a casket.
$10 K? I don't think that thing was that expensive. Did you link to those Trappist caskets? They're really affordable and some are truly works of art. The most expensive one they sell is under $4,200. The simple rectangular pine version only $1,400. I'm not planning on putting my body in the ground after I die, but the simple pine version would be my choice if I was. I might tell the wife to put my remains in one of their wooden urns, those are nice too, and the simple ones are less than $300.

Or just chuck me in the landfill, I won't give a crap at that point anyway.

Reactions: torbee
Top tip.

You can buy discount caskets on costco.com.
Membership has privileges.

We Hindus use a cardboard casket thing and get roasted. If you've seen a cremation retort, the technical term for the cremation machine, there's fine ash from the prior person before your loved one goes in. So who knows who else is on my mantle?

And you can buy cheap urns or boxes on Amazon for 1/10th the cost of a funeral home.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Top tip.

We Hindus use a cardboard casket thing and get roasted. If you've seen a cremation retort, the technical term for the cremation machine, there's fine ash from the prior person before your loved one goes in. So who knows who else is on my mantle?

And you can buy cheap urns or boxes on Amazon for 1/10th the cost of a funeral home.
mGgqew.gif

Top tip.

Wee Hindus? Like little people that are Hindus?

Top tip.

WIll you first be doused in liquid butter and incense?

Top tip.

Get roasted like you tell jokes at the expense of the deceased and it's even funnier because they're not there to defend themselves?

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69 and torbee
WIll you first be doused in liquid butter and incense?
Only the rich. Technically their pyres are made from sandalwood and then ghee as you said. I'm going with particle board and margarine. Actually, I did the preplan thing. I know the dude who will do my cremation. He's pretty cool and zany. Sadly no pyre but one of them machines.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I mean the coffin industry is kind of a sham. Like the dead person cares what they are buried in.

if my family could save several thousand on mine, well that makes fiscal sense

Only the rich. Technically their pyres are made from sandalwood and then ghee as you said. I'm going with particle board and margarine. Actually, I did the preplan thing. I know the dude who will do my cremation. He's pretty cool and zany. Sadly no pyre but one of them machines.
What happens if he dies before you, are you obligated to cremate him? 🤔

Reactions: GOHOX69
I dated a Hindi girl once. Beautiful, intelligent, and definitely wife material. It didn't last very as her mom found out and started a fast.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I mean the coffin industry is kind of a sham. Like the dead person cares what they are buried in.

if my family could save several thousand on mine, well that makes fiscal sense
I had a cousin who made his brothers casket out of wood. Not sure if there are parameters to make it legal or what. But it couldn’t have cost more than $100 in material. I kind of like the idea.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and bdg8
Well, I'm 76 so if I'm not on death's doorstep, I can definitely see it from here. If you read the obits you'll see people my age are dropping like flies. I plan to be cremated, assuming my relatives follow through on that.

I told one of my niece-in-laws that I was leaving my ashes to her so she could put them on her mantle. She rolled her eyes at me. Not sure what that meant.

Reactions: torbee and GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT