ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Own a Genesis Vehicle?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
I currently drive an Infiniti FX 35 that I kind of love. Its a 2007 and I'm kind of getting the itch. Infiniti has all but ruint their 'crossovers' and only have the QX50 that looks ok but is too small. Genesis is coming out with a GV70 this summer and I really like the look... What say you experts of HROT?
gv70-ogi.jpg

Reactions: goldmom
Car prices are insane right now. I'll keep driving the Tradmobile for a few more years.
Think they'll be coming down anytime soon? I usually do the 1-2 year used route but not sure I want to wait that long for the GV70.

I currently drive an Infiniti FX 35 that I kind of love. Its a 2007 and I'm kind of getting the itch. Infiniti has all but ruint their 'crossovers' and only have the QX50 that looks ok but is too small. Genesis is coming out with a GV70 this summer and I really like the look... What say you experts of HROT?
gv70-ogi.jpg

I currently drive an x3. I love it but I could totally see driving this assuming the handling is there.

gv70-ogi.jpg

I’ve owned the original Highlander, and middle son has the newest. Impressive vehicle, and he got one loaded and leather for high 30s, significantly off list. I’d take a look at that. Mine drove like a new vehicle at 145K when I sold it.

Not a great review on driving experience.

Think they'll be coming down anytime soon? I usually do the 1-2 year used route but not sure I want to wait that long for the GV70.
I looked at a Genesis several times but the wife wanted an SUV for her car and I prefer a pickup for me. Genesis vehicles are very impressive and great value, imo. We both drive Hondas, but her next one will probably be an Acura. The only thing that concerned me about Genesis was resale value, as we buy new and normally keep cars 7 or 8 years.

Reactions: NoleATL
I like it a lot. For the cost, I like the Jag F-Pace better, but those Genesis are nice rides.

Reactions: NoleATL
I’ve owned the original Highlander, and middle son has the newest. Impressive vehicle, and he got one loaded and leather for high 30s, significantly off list. I’d take a look at that. Mine drove like a new vehicle at 145K when I sold it.

Not a great review on driving experience.
The only negative thing I would say about the highlander is that the 3rd row seating is not serious seating for adults for anything more than cramming people in there on the way to a restaurant after you've already had a few cocktails and you don't care if your knees are jammed up in your face.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
I looked at a Genesis several times but the wife wanted an SUV for her car and I prefer a pickup for me. Genesis vehicles are very impressive and great value, imo. We both drive Hondas, but her next one will probably be an Acura. The only thing that concerned me about Genesis was resale value, as we buy new and normally keep cars 7 or 8 years.
So you have a ridgeline? How do you like it?

Yes. Not gonna fault anyone for driving a Korean car, but I’d never own one. Not really a fan of Asian car makers in general. I’ll only drive domestic or german. That being said, I think it’s a good brand and they seem to be very reliable.

Having switched to Korean cars first with a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, I will likely never go back to American unless things substantially change.

Keep in mind that “American” car is just Chinese parts usually assembled in Mexico. Meanwhile the “Korean” car usually has Korean parts assembled in Alabama.

Reactions: slapchop
Having switched to Korean cars first with a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, I will likely never go back to American unless things substantially change.

Keep in mind that “American” car is just Chinese parts usually assembled in Mexico. Meanwhile the “Korean” car usually has Korean parts assembled in Alabama.
I make a point to buy only assembled in America. Not hard for Truck drivers. My F150 was assembled in Dearborn, MI. It’s not necessarily about that for me, but it helps.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT