ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see this twitter comment?

I would love to see Jackson take a couple snaps at WR this year. When he first came to Iowa, the offensive and defensive coordinators were fighting over him to see where he would play.

Josh Jackson was taking reps at WR a year ago in spring ball for the Hawks so this happens on about every team when coaches are trying to find the best spot for good athletes.To me that's good coaching.
not when we moved our best corner to safety, and benched our leading tackler for him and get lit up all year

That tweet was exactly right, and it capsulizes the fundamental criticism of KF that many of us have voiced for years. Consider, if you will, what KF's tenure would have been like if he had played with that kind of aggressive, imaginative, never-let-up offensive style the last 19 years instead of the conservative, boring, try-not-to-lose approach he did use. Let's hope the OSU experience finally does result in a new KF offensive style. How could it not?

Reactions: DewHawk
Part of Iowa's philosophy is to force other teams into perfect offensive possessions. They want to limit the number of times the opposing team gets to handle the ball. That way, it is not only easier for the defense to stop, mistakes become magnified as they have fewer opportunities to make up for it. Generally speaking, it works well most of the time. It's a disadvantage if they get behind though. I don't mind it when it works, but when the offense isn't clicking it is just brutal to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT