ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone tried an Ooni pellet fuelled pizza grill

FSUTribe76

HR Heisman
Jan 23, 2008
It’s supposed to hit 923 degrees using only pellets as fuel. I’ve been making my own pizzas now post pandemic and they’ve been better than the chains not as good as an elite private restaurant because of the lack of high heat (I’ve got an ordinary gas oven so maybe topping out at 600 or so). I’m thinking about giving this a try but thought I’d see if anyone has used one in the past. (I’m still going to make Detroit style pizza, calzones and Stromboli in the oven, but thought this would be perfect for NYC and Neopolitan styles.

https://ooni.com/products/ooni-fyra...OEn0F2ENAx8Q3fo0N6S1CuB_OuaA_lrhoCkOsQAvD_BwE

Are there uses for it other than pizza and the like? If not, I can't see myself using it much.

Not really. What it’s good at cooking is NYC and Neopolitan style pizzas, naan, pitas, lahmacun, lavash, Barbari bread, taftan and other flatbreads. The thicker styles of pizza like Detroit, Sicilian, Chicago deep dish, Greek, and stuffed pizza as well as Stromboli and calzones are better cooked at lower, normal oven temps.

So it is basically a single use tool. In a pinch if your other grills, smokers, ovens etc...are unusable you can lower the temperature and cook ribs, steaks, tandoori chicken, and thicker breads. But that’s not what it’s really intended for and probably won’t do as good of a job.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT