ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching on FS1???

Boil all that down and it's this. He made the tourney in his 4th season (kinda). Then won 1 tourney game in each of the following years. That's it. The rest is fluff.

Now the team appears to regressing...two years with no NCAA tourney (barring a complete miracle this season).

I wasn't disappointed last year, as I felt it would be a down year after losing 4 starters. This year, disappointed. My first year. I just can't say that I'm disappointed if we make the tourney in those past years. Maybe those Lick years are still stuck in my head.

Yeah, the challenges of last year's youth wasn't a surprise. The lack of progress (or worse) this year is troubling

I am ok with a low bar for hoops. Quit asking for money for facilities and charging NBA prices for admission. Have a crappy product that is solely focused on recruiting in state kids and turn it into a minor league baseball atmosphere where hot dogs are fired from air cannons during TV timeouts. For the 3K or so in attendance, there can be lavish prizes like free neck tatts, nose piercing, and Calvin taking a leak on ISU shirts. For big games, there can be mini monster trucks at halftime.

This is not a rebuild folks. Fran came in here talking a lot of smack and hired a staff of seasoned assistants. Hard to make the case we are getting any value from Fran or his staff in year 8 ginve we are going to be in a battle with IL for last place. After Rutgers, Nebraska and PSU x 2 (the teams everyone said suck) beat Iowa, I will be curious how many of the Fran supporters will be waving their foam Herky claws at CHA. I have thrown in the towel on Fran this season (in case you were wondering) based on his inept recruiting for the past 3 classes. I watched 10 minutes of the Colgate game last night even they have guards who would be upgrades on this team, yet Fran and his seasoned staff can't find 1.

I know, wait for Connor, Weiskamp and Carton.

He found Tyler Ennis ....(for Calipari)

Yeah, that'll last.
And it's only Hurley's THIRD YEAR. Jeez, give him 8 years at least, will ya?

Well if it wasn’t for a huge come from behind to beat lowly Oregon State by 2 points he would still be sitting with same amount of conference wins as Fran.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT