ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone work for or with Ingredion?

fredjr82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
Sounds like a shitshow. I see them picketing on 8th next to the river.

CEDAR RAPIDS — Representatives of Ingredion and the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union Local 100G — now in its seventh week of a strike against the manufacturer’s Cedar Rapids facility — were asked to leave the Hotel at Kirkwood Center Tuesday morning after the two sides became heated over Ingredion officials bringing armed security professionals with them, the union said.

Mike Moore, the local’s principal and president, said in a news release sent to The Gazette that “the union views this show of intimidation as a sign of disrespect and a lack of intent to bargain in good faith.”

Kirkwood Community College has a campus-wide ban on “firearms, weapons or explosives of any kind,” according to its website.

Link

Ingredion? Didn’t Arnold Schwarzenegger discover they were making ground beef out of kidnapped children? Pretty sure I saw that one.

That’s weird. My boss asked me about one minute ago if I’ve ever heard of them. All I know about them is they produce plant-based ingredients and they’re trying to capture the plant-based protein trend.

ADVERTISEMENT