ADVERTISEMENT

AOC.... SMDH

FWIW Frank and her sister died of typhus at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp which was a lot worse than whatever the US is doing,

Reactions: Herkmeister
So is she wrong or right on what a concentration camp is?
con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
plural noun: concentration camps
  1. a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.
You tell me?

So is she wrong or right on what a concentration camp is?
con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
  1. a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.
You tell me?

Sounds like a yes minus the “sometimes” part.

article-0-1EB5558C00000578-864_634x817.jpg

Reactions: FlickShagwell

Gets called out and doubles down.

AOC occasionally oversteps or misstates . . . but this isn't one of those times.

As I've pointed out in the past, we have a bunch of cons here and across America who seem to be fine with the Nazis except for the gas chambers. This fauxrage against AOC for properly condemning our immigrant detention activities and conditions sounds like another example of that kind of thinking.

Using the language she is using is deliberately inflammatory and historically disrespectful and inaccurate

She thinks the Republicans will be the most offended by her comments? I wonder how long the Jewish community will continue to support the Democratic party as they continue to act in this way and promote idiots like AOC and Omar

AOC occasionally oversteps or misstates . . . but this isn't one of those times.

As I've pointed out in the past, we have a bunch of cons here and across America who seem to be fine with the Nazis except for the gas chambers. This fauxrage against AOC for properly condemning our immigrant detention activities and conditions sounds like another example of that kind of thinking.

Seriously f off.

Tens of millions of people died horrible deaths in concentration camps.

Maybe you could go club some seals and round out your day

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
You tell me?

Gotta say, you have undermined your own position. See bolded above. The sometimes is conditional, sometimes not.

So yeah, while it is very politicized and HUGELY inflammatory, but she ain't wrong.

Using the language she is using is deliberately inflammatory and historically disrespectful and inaccurate

She thinks the Republicans will be the most offended by her comments? I wonder how long the Jewish community will continue to support the Democratic party as they continue to act in this way and promote idiots like AOC and Omar

Not her words, words the writer of the article and the expert used.

I am not a fan of AOC, but I am a fan of how triggered she makes the right. You can always tell when she scores a hit against them because they come out in droves to discredit her.

You've lost your mind. AOC's comment are pure dishonest hyperbole.

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
You tell me?

a place where large numbers of people are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities

Yep, sounds correct.

Not her words, words the writer of the article and the expert used.

I am not a fan of AOC, but I am a fan of how triggered she makes the right. You can always tell when she scores a hit against them because they come out in droves to discredit her.

Keep thinking that. It isn't the right you need to worry about with her.

She is poison

Reactions: SIXERS24
con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
You tell me?
No I want to hear from you.

Kind of like comparing NBA basketball players to Slaves. I guess one can use any reference they want no matter how outlandish by simply justifying it in a much broader sense.:rolleyes:

No, this is nothing like that since the analogy you provided is wrong and ridiculous. Calling them concentration camps is calling them what they actually are. If it makes you uncomfortable to hear that, then maybe you should look at the policy that is herding thousands of people into inadequate spaces while ripping children from their parents. Because that's really what the issue is, not what they are called.

What the fvck has happened to you people???

I mean seriously... you throw around Nazi and concentration camps like candy at recess... those both are the worst that modern humans have ever been. Nothing compares to that. NOTHING.

Nobody is a political prisoner... we are not rounding anyone up. They all choose to come here. Voluntarily coming to a border without proper paperwork, demanding entry.

They will likely say “never again, means never again”. That’s why they support us now. Get correct.

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
You tell me?

They don't compare to Nazi concentration camps, but it sounds to me like these are worse than the ones this country set up for the Japanese Americans during WWII in California and other places.

Did the people imprisoned in the concentration camps show up willingly or were they arrested and rounded up? Last I checked, the people at these detention facilities are coming her illegally, thus being held there. I'm not advocating that the conditions are great but there is a difference and she knows it. She also knows using a term like concentration camp is going to get a lot of buzz, which it did.

What the fvck has happened to you people???

I mean seriously... you throw around Nazi and concentration camps like candy at recess... those both are the worst that modern humans have ever been. Nothing compares to that. NOTHING.

Nobody is a political prisoner... we are not rounding anyone up. They all choose to come here. Voluntarily coming to a border without proper paperwork, demanding entry.

They are absolutely part of a political game he is playing with countries to our south. They are also considered minorities. And in your definition, it states "especially". It doesn't state exclusively. SO again, you may not like it, but your own provided definition defines the situation we are in. Sorry.

Such an emotional snowflake response

Interesting. Snowflake response to someone being dismissive of millions of deaths in concentration camps to score a lie of a political point.

As a gay person you should know better. Gay people were trucked off to concentration camps as well. I guess that doesn't mean much to you?

Shame on you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT