ADVERTISEMENT

AOC with strong endorsement of the President

@State of Illinois can you please stop attacking goldmom and trying to throw things in her face? You bring a bad name to us Dems on here. Your profanity is bad enough, quit attacking others.
1*iq6HSUDFnpNNJEc6q-HTpA.jpeg

I understand her point of view and it makes sense.

The question is if not Biden, then who’s the candidate? I can’t see any scenario that is favorable to the Democrats in 2024. Maybe Trump running, but I don’t want to take the chance that he wins.
My biggest fear is trump running again. And if the democrats are able to put Joe out there again, I'm really fearful.

I think they could absolutely nominate a good candidate. But how do you deal with the blow up after dumping Harris?
The "dust up" will be minor. Dems are a couple cycles from the euphoria and momentum that BHO brought thru social media. The keyboard warriors and the fervor they brought about is not there anymore. So hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I could be wrong though.:)

Yes you are. I’ve seen you do it multiple times in only the last couple of days. God only knows how many times you’ve done it in the past. It’s unacceptable and brings a stain on us Dems.
Lol. Nope. Not attacking her. Just using her words to show my agreement with her interest in exposing sexism.

I'll be shocked if Joe runs again. I don't think he'll be physically or mentally able. I almost feel sorry for him now at times. The problem is his advisors aren't very good either.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Lol. Nope. Not attacking her. Just using her words to show my agreement with her interest in exposing sexism.
You know what you’re doing. Also, the irony is epic considering the other post I saw of you being a sexist pig commenting about her. Truly sad, and I feel bad for any females in your life.

If moderate Republicans could just govern in good faith without getting destroyed by their own party then AOC wouldn't matter. It's nice to see some of them apparently participating in gun control talks, although a lot still needs to happen there. Most Democrats would far prefer dealing with Republican moderates than the far left.

I wish this were true. Actually Democrats are doing their best to boost the most extreme, election-denying, anti-Democracy candidates in Republican primaries, so they don't have to face more moderate, reasonable Republicans in the general election. Democracy being at stake and all.

Now, ultimately Republicans who vote for any of these folks are the ones responsible. But Democrats wouldn't be spending good money if they didn't think it would make a difference. I get that this is a tried and true political tactic, but its an extremely shitty thing to be trying to put the worst possible candidates one election away from power in a time of runaway inflation, historically low Biden approval numbers, $6 gas, and stock market crashes.

I mean, we've already seen how this works out with Democrats begging for Trump to win the nomination in 2016. And the headwinds against Democrats are a thousand times stronger today than they were then. If they actually cared about their rhetoric of this wing of Republicans being an existential threat to Democracy, I'd like to see this end immediately.

(As well as Republicans doing the same where applicable).

Biden went below 40 percent approval rating on five thirty eight.com. Lowest approval rating in the modern era for a president at this point. I’m sure AOC wants him to come campaign with her for her reelection bid in New York! 😊

I wish this were true. Actually Democrats are doing their best to boost the most extreme, election-denying, anti-Democracy candidates in Republican primaries, so they don't have to face more moderate, reasonable Republicans in the general election. Democracy being at stake and all.
Well, that's pretty much standard operating procedure for anyone running for office today. Try and choose your opponent by finding somebody so extreme there is no way they can win a full election outside of the primary.

But, ultimately the blame lies on the party that nominates the extremist, not the potential opponent. Democrats generally aren't voting in Republican primaries.

I definitely voted for Joe because he was not Trump, but it would've been preferable for the VP candidate to be someone you wanted to actually have the president's job if necessary, rather than someone they've since had to stash far away from where she can do any damage.
Picking a VP candidate based on anything but qualifications will do that. No one likes Harris and they never did. And it’s not because she’s a woman of color. It’s because she’s a horrible person.

Reactions: INXS83 and EasyHawk
Picking a VP candidate based on anything but qualifications will do that. No one likes Harris and they never did. And it’s not because she’s a woman of color. It’s because she’s a horrible person.
Same could be said of Pence. Trump gave his career a new life (such as it was).

Well, that's pretty much standard operating procedure for anyone running for office today. Try and choose your opponent by finding somebody so extreme there is no way they can win a full election outside of the primary.

But, ultimately the blame lies on the party that nominates the extremist, not the potential opponent. Democrats generally aren't voting in Republican primaries.

I said all of that in my post.

However, this is a terrible time for Democrats to be doing so, while they talk about trying to safeguard Democracy. We are headed for an "anybody but the Democrat" midterm, and this is a game likely to have very bad consequences, as it did with Trump. At least with Trump they had the "well, we never could foresee him winning" excuse, but now we know exactly how bad the outcome can be.

I'm not saying it isn't done, I'm just saying you can't do this and then go with "a moderate or reasonable Republican would be ok." Everyone should just admit that every Republican, of any kind, under any circumstances, must be defeated at all costs, even at the risk of having a truly batshit or dangerous Republican elected.

This.

If Biden is the nominee I won’t vote for him unless Trump is the other nominee.

The job is not for 80+ year old people.
He was basically the ”punt and hope you can get a stop” candidate. I really think the Dems got to a point where their warring sides were just going to pull everyone down, so they opted to go all-in on Joe to get through the 2020 election.

He was basically the ”punt and hope you can get a stop” candidate. I really think the Dems got to a point where their warring sides were just going to pull everyone down, so they opted to go all-in on Joe to get through the 2020 election.

Exactly,.. Biden was tanking prior to Super Tuesday when the rest of the Dem hopefuls cashed in their chips and put all their effort behind Joe...

Reactions: hawkifann
Exactly,.. Biden was tanking prior to Super Tuesday when the rest of the Dem hopefuls cashed in their chips and put all their effort behind Joe...
If I’m a Republican, aren’t I hoping that Trump somehow can’t run in the next election. He’s the real only hope the Democrats have at this point in 2024 right? Running against him might be the only winning strategy.

If I’m a Republican, aren’t I hoping that Trump somehow can’t run in the next election. He’s the real only hope the Democrats have at this point in 2024 right? Running against him might be the only winning strategy.

Absolutely,.. Trump is a lighting rod..

Reactions: Finance85
It depends on how crazy they want to go. GOP always points at AOC as where the mainstream Dems are (not true). Trump’s people will turn out. DeSantis would have every chance to win…..but what if they go with someone fringier?

....or not

You realize she'll be old enough to run for POTUS in 2024, right? She's just keeping her options open at this point.

I can see it now AOC- Stacy Abrams; the wacko ticket.

Republicans need a Trump clone minus the crazy,... Democrats need Joe to publicly step aside after the midterms so that new blood can be selected....

I said all of that in my post.

However, this is a terrible time for Democrats to be doing so, while they talk about trying to safeguard Democracy. We are headed for an "anybody but the Democrat" midterm, and this is a game likely to have very bad consequences, as it did with Trump. At least with Trump they had the "well, we never could foresee him winning" excuse, but now we know exactly how bad the outcome can be.

I'm not saying it isn't done, I'm just saying you can't do this and then go with "a moderate or reasonable Republican would be ok." Everyone should just admit that every Republican, of any kind, under any circumstances, must be defeated at all costs, even at the risk of having a truly batshit or dangerous Republican elected.
I don't know. Evidently the Democrats shouldn't do anything to campaign. At least that's what Republicans say. Republicans shouldn't work to make life as shitty as possible for everyone but super rich people and then blame all the shittiness on Democrats but here we are.

I don't know. Evidently the Democrats shouldn't do anything to campaign. At least that's what Republicans say. Republicans shouldn't work to make life as shitty as possible for everyone but super rich people and then blame all the shittiness on Democrats but here we are.
But they are so good at it.

Reactions: BioHawk
Joes status as a "lame duck" President just 1.5 yrs into his presidency made the VP pick maybe the most important decision of his presidency....and he botched it completely.

It'd be nice if we had an ace in the bullpen....
I was told before the election the VP choice didn't matter... As it is, even with the disaster that is Biden, everyone pretty much believes Harris would be worse. Is it possible Biden's campaign advisors had a crystal ball and knew Biden needed someone weak as VP?

If the Republicans can find someone who isn’t a fossil and isn’t certifiably insane, they should walk away with the 2024 election. The Democrats are probably going to be saddled with Harris. They might get another chance to vote for Biden if they’re lucky, provided he doesn’t stroke out before then.

If the Republicans can find someone who isn’t a fossil and isn’t certifiably insane, they should walk away with the 2024 election. The Democrats are probably going to be saddled with Harris. They might get another chance to vote for Biden if they’re lucky, provided he doesn’t stroke out before then.
It will be DeSantis/Trump Jr. in 2024 on the Republican side. I don't know who the Democrats are running, but if Biden is still below 40% approval it won't be him.

I am not super rich, how are the Republican's making life as worse as possible for me? Why the need for hyperbole all the time?
My life is great regardless of the party in charge. Why are so many people completely partisan to a political party.

I am not super rich, how are the Republican's making life as worse as possible for me? Why the need for hyperbole all the time?
My life is great regardless of the party in charge. Why are so many people completely partisan to a political party.
What problems have Republicans solved? What's their solution for inflation? People hate that but then every Republican voted against the price gauging bill. What's their solution for energy, besides double down on accelerating climate change? A few of them finally agreed to the most modest of gun control legislation, but most of them would rather see your kid dead than give up that NRA check. Just because their policies haven't affected you yet doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Is it possible Biden's campaign advisors had a crystal ball and knew Biden needed someone weak as VP?

No, he just wanted a black woman, It was all about locking up votes,.. No need for Kamala after the election. She served her purpose...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT