ADVERTISEMENT

Appears Shapiro is going to Cornell

He’s gonna be a stud, I really thought he was a hawk. Idk which miss hurts more him or chittum, both gonna be monsters

Obviously don’t know the ins and outs, but I often wonder why a kid wouldn’t choose to be part of one of the top programs in the nation in Iowa. Cornell is a good program, but come on …

Another big miss. I never will, but would like to know what happened with the recruitment of Chittum. I’ve heard both that Iowa cooled on him and that he could flip from Minnesota. With all the talk about how great the ‘23 class could be, and rightfully so because there’s a lot of talent in that age group, we might only have two high end contributors in Jesuroga and Arnold. Football scares me with Keuter otherwise he would for sure be in that category.

We all think our school is obviously the best choice for a recruit but there's so many different reasons why a top recruit would chose from the top ten schools,
Geography is huge for everyone . As for Cornell most Ivies can find financial aid and scholarship money for a student they want athlete or not.
My sister attended Harvard in the late 80s. It was cheaper than PSU. My son found it cheaper to attend Lehigh in 2011 than PSU. Don't discount that factor combined with the Ivy League degree.
That alone might push aside PSU ( though it's farther to Ithaca ) and definitely Iowa. It's all how the kid looks at it.

I wonder about Jaden Abas… maybe coming with woods? Griffith saves the Stanford program one year and Iowa destroys it the next lol

Nope, but said reinforcement is bringing more reinforcement.

giphy.gif

Don’t you dare get us overly excited Gobblin haha. Loosing Shapiro is a bit of a gut punch, we need some solid news! I have my fingers crossed for a few guys.
I don’t think an announcement/commitment will happen, though it COULD, but at the bare minimum a very solid foundation will be laid. Hope he pulls a Franklin and just feels at home instantly and wants to jump right in.

Obviously don’t know the ins and outs, but I often wonder why a kid wouldn’t choose to be part of one of the top programs in the nation in Iowa. Cornell is a good program, but come on …
I think I’m starting to understand it a bit better. Many top kids expect more out of their university environment than a great wrestling program. And some probably see our staff, from a distance, as over-the-top intense at times.

Hunting, fishing and attending house of worship of choice only goes so far…

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I think I’m starting to understand it a bit better. Many top kids expect more out of their university environment than a great wrestling program. And some probably see our staff, from a distance, as over-the-top intense at times.

Hunting, fishing and attending house of worship of choice only goes so far…
The house of worship thing works pretty well for Cael. I can see the hunting and fishing thing being a non issue or a turn off for some. For others it is probably a real bonus.
It is pretty amazing to me how much detail kids get into when looking at a school and then it gets thrown out the window when they take a visit and get the vibe of the team and the coaches.

Reactions: Gobblin and el dub
The house of worship thing works pretty well for Cael. I can see the hunting and fishing thing being a non issue or a turn off for some. For others it is probably a real bonus.
It is pretty amazing to me how much detail kids get into when looking at a school and then it gets thrown out the window when they take a visit and get the vibe of the team and the coaches.
I agree. However, there is little in Iowa that can’t be found elsewhere and most states have more cultural opportunities, professional sports as well as natural resources set aside for recreational use.

I think kids now only care about wifi and internet speed. State of Iowa better start getting their wifi shit together.

I think kids now only care about wifi and internet speed. State of Iowa better start getting their wifi shit together.
Yeah, no excuses for this in 2022. They say the governor has better internet plans ahead, but don't they all?

Chittum and/or Shapiro not being Hawks stings quite a bit was really hoping to get one or the other. Sealey would soften the blow a bit also like Ruiz from Cali.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT