• Applebee's

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Chili's

Votes: 46 75.4%

• Total voters

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
You're on the road on a business trip and your hotel is in a Godforsaken part of America and the only options for dinner are Applebee's or Chili's without drinking and driving.

You must choose one.

What's worse? That Rebecca Black Friday song? Or this?

iu

Is this like the most-lopsided poll in HORT history?
Got a ways to go to top tripped out but it is on pace. I would have thought tripped out was safer than Joe DiMaggio's hit streak, but I couldn't have imagined an Applebee's/Chili's poll before tonight.

The margarita and chips and salsa are a decent stand-in when out of town with little options. Couldn't tell you what else they have.
Before they renovated Love Field, Chilis was the only decent place to eat unless you wanted to risk the bar with the questionable shrimp on ice. Had many a meal there before flying back to H-town.

Reactions: GOHOX69
If you sat me down in one I would have no idea which one I’m in. I have eaten in both, but not enough to know which one is better.

Both have marketing materials with their name on it all over the place just in case of this exact scenario.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Both have marketing materials with their name on it all over the place just in case of this exact scenario.

I almost added the disclaimer that included covering up logos but left that out in the interest of brevity.

Reactions: Moral
Chili's, though not all that great anymore, was always still nominally better than Appleby's. Shoot, been so long since I ate at Appleby's I don't even know what's on their menu these days. Chili's in its prime had some great baby backs, but they discontinued them some time prior to the 'Rona.

Does Chili's have a bar you can sit at and eat if you are by yourself?

Applebee's does. I have ate dinner and drank a couple of beers at an Applebee's
a few times while sitting at the bar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT