ADVERTISEMENT

April 22 UPDATE: Sort by Position! WHO DO YOU WANT? 357 D1 Schools x 13 Scholarships = 4,641 Available; 31% (1,442) are in Transfer Portal

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
APRIL 22 UPDATE:

1,442 players have entered the portal so there are many players to choose from!

Who do you want?

NOTE that you can sort by position (scroll down to the Complete Transfer List) so if you want a shooting guard, sort by that.

Link:

ORIGINAL POST:

Another issue: Between 12 & 18 credits are lost when a player transfers from one school to another. We might see graduation rates plummet.

Check this Out & Watch:

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
If I were a high major coach, I’d only set a goal for getting 1-2 max high school commits in a given year. Recruiting the portal is going to take over as the more important source of talent.

Just saw Yesufu is leaving Drake. F***.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
If I were a high major coach, I’d only set a goal for getting 1-2 max high school commits in a given year. Recruiting the portal is going to take over as the more important source of talent.

Just saw Yesufu is leaving Drake. F***.

and don't forget about DII players. Iowa is looking at one.

And this DII player is heading to Kansas

What surprises me every NCAA tournament (this year is no exception) is how many kids go un-recruited or grossly under-recruited. More kids as stated above from low mid-majors or D2 proving they are more than capable of playing high D1 hoops. Obanor and Abmas are two examples of really talented players that got little / no interest on the recruiting scene.

What surprises me every NCAA tournament (this year is no exception) is how many kids go un-recruited or grossly under-recruited. More kids as stated above from low mid-majors or D2 proving they are more than capable of playing high D1 hoops. Obanor and Abmas are two examples of really talented players that got little / no interest on the recruiting scene.
maybe grades had something to do with it?

Or, if you are Arizona, you get transcripts falsified!

You might have seen in the Arizona Charged w/ FIVE Level I Violations thread where there were multiple allegations of academic misconduct, including arranging for payment of $40,000 for a false or inaccurate transcript for one athlete who ended up competing for Arizona in postseason tournaments. These payments occurred between March 2016 and September 2017 for two prospective athletes who needed to meet academic standards.

LINK TO THAT THREAD:

Here is a list of all 1,292 in the Transfer Portal.

Note: the list tells you where the transfer ended up (or is still looking for a home).

LINK:

Get Bebraca and a swing player that can shoot!

1,405 players have entered the portal so there are many players to choose from!

Who do you want?

NOTE that you can sort by position (scroll down to the Complete Transfer List) so if you want a center, sort by that.

Link:

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
I thought that the NCAA has again granted transfers immediate eligibility for the coming year, yet the transfer list shows only certain players that are eligible immediately. What's the difference?

1,405 players have entered the portal so there are many players to choose from!

Who do you want?

NOTE that you can sort by position (scroll down to the Complete Transfer List) so if you want a center, sort by that.

Link:

It’s amazing Charlie Moore is playing another year as well as transferring again.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Fran has brought in 5 transfers in his 11 years at Iowa.

1) Bryce Cartwright played his freshman year of collegiate basketball at Fresno State and sophomore campaign at Paris Junior College in Texas before transferring to Iowa. Cartwright joined already signed Iowa recruits Devyn Marble, Zach McCabe and Melsahn Basabe on the 2010-2011 roster.

2) PG Trey Dickerson committed to Iowa in March, 2014. He transferred from a Junior College in ND (Williston State College) to Iowa. He quit/left the Iowa team on Feb 23, 2015.

3) SF Jarrod Uthoff was originally a Class of 2011 Wisconsin commit; in June, 2012, Jarrod announced that he would transfer to Iowa to spend his next 4 years

4) Dale Jones. Dale spent his first 2 years of college at Tyler Junior College in Texas. On April 20, 2015, it was announced he was transferring to Iowa.

5) PG/SG Bakari Evelyn; a Valparaiso Grad Transfer; committed to the Hawkeyes on June 9, 2019 and had one year of eligibility with Iowa. In his one year he played in all 31 games and averaged 18 minutes and 3.7 ppg.

Last edited:
This is the current roster but JBo may take that scholarship. BUT, if Weezy leaves, as expected, it frees up a scholarship again.

So, with one scholarship (perhaps 2) remaining, we just need a shooting guard.

Who do you want?

2021-2022 Roster (12 on scholarship; 1 scholarship available):

Freshmen: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'11" C Riley Mulvey

Sophomores: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele

6'4" G Tony Perkins

6'2" G Ahron Ulis

6'8" F Keegan Murray

6'8" F Kris Murray

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

Juniors: 2 players

5'10" PG Joe Toussaint

6'9" SF Filip Rebraca (this includes the the covid-19 free year that all 2020-2021 athletes were given)

Seniors: 2 players

6'6" SG Joe Wieskamp

6'5" G/F Connor McCaffery

Well done by Fran and staff on Rebraca. I have been critical of Fran but will give credit where it's due. I just glanced at the 247 Sports portal and it's nuts. (3) Wisconsin players are headed to Valpo. KU signed a D-2 guard. Seems like shooting guards are punching about two classes up given demand.

Other than Marcus Carr, I don't recognize any other names in there. Bryce Thompson / 5 star transfer from KU would be nice, but I doubt we are on his radar. Have to think Fran and staff are pounding coffee and searching the Internet for highlight clips of all sorts of random players given the level of activity.

Per TK's podcast from Monday, Keegan has been doing some work at the 2. I could be way off here, but while it would be great to find a SG, I am not as concerned about it after adding Rebraca. Good podcast from yesterday by TK with more details about Rebraca. In addition to scoring, sounds like he works the glass and could be a double-double machine.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
This is the current roster but JBo may take that scholarship. BUT, if Weezy leaves, as expected, it frees up a scholarship again.

So, with one scholarship (perhaps 2) remaining, we just need a shooting guard.

Who do you want?

2021-2022 Roster (12 on scholarship; 1 scholarship available):

Freshmen: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'11" C Riley Mulvey

Sophomores: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele

6'4" G Tony Perkins

6'2" G Ahron Ulis

6'8" F Keegan Murray

6'8" F Kris Murray

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

Juniors: 2 players

5'10" PG Joe Toussaint

6'9" SF Filip Rebraca (this includes the the covid-19 free year that all 2020-2021 athletes were given)

Seniors: 2 players

6'6" SG Joe Wieskamp

6'5" G/F Connor McCaffery

Kenyon is on record reporting both Keegan and Kris are now 6’9”

200.gif

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT