ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15 - designed for Vietnam; expanding bullets are a war crime

How many shots are you going to pump out of that M1 Garand vs an AR-15? Would you rather carry an M1 or AR-15 into combat? Context would be that you had to kill a bunch of people in a short period of time.

M1
22-1105_1K__93432.1580159390.jpg

AR-15

maxresdefault.jpg
Uhhh... im 6-2 235 and have zero issue with the weight of an M1. I REALLY want an m1 tanker model and would grab that over a AR in a heartbeat. Effective range of thr 223 is roughly 3-400 meters. I can bang a 12 inch plate at 650 yard all day long with my 06. I'm not the prototypical guy who wanted the light weight. I would have tried to be thr guy with the BAR in WW2. I have no problem with recoil and there isn't a special forces unit in the world that wears level 5 armor that could stop a black tip from a 06.

Would you rather carry an M1 or AR-15 into combat? Context would be that you had to kill a bunch of people in a short period of time.

Depends on where you want to be when killing that bunch of people,.. Personally, I'd rather be killing from a distance, so I'll take the M1..

I'm going to try to explain this to super easy Riley.

Left is a 9mm, middle 223, right 30-06.

Notice how the 9mm bullet itself is bigger but the case is smaller? An object with more mass traveling slower will hold its energy more stable than the much smaller mass (223) traveling faster upon impact.So the bullet "shatters" when it his anything hard (like a tree or cinderblock) this guy shows a similar gel test with lesser ammo (slower) and the result is more what you see from the 9mm. Now, you can read that and think OMG 223 IS WORSE THAN 9MM THATS TOO MUCH! Until you realize that it is very small by rifle standards and wheras in these school settings 223s are actually getting knocked down by walls a much heavier, more traditional, rifle round has more mass and energy and would be going through cinderblock (or trees in the case of vietnam). Your buying into some bullshit man. E still equals M c²

Tulammo .223 55gr Ballistic Gel Test
YouTube · Shop Time
Mar 13, 2015

tumblr_n2pco8cM2I1ql56ddo1_500.gif

lips-lipstick-on.gif

Uhhh... im 6-2 235 and have zero issue with the weight of an M1. I REALLY want an m1 tanker model and would grab that over a AR in a heartbeat. Effective range of thr 223 is roughly 3-400 meters. I can bang a 12 inch plate at 650 yard all day long with my 06. I'm not the prototypical guy who wanted the light weight. I would have tried to be thr guy with the BAR in WW2. I have no problem with recoil and there isn't a special forces unit in the world that wears level 5 armor that could stop a black tip from a 06.

Strange that we don't hear more about mass shootings with M1 rifles or bolt action hunting rifles. Why don't the shooters pick the overall more lethal rifles? Do they make M1s with 30 round mags?

I've shot my share of bolt action hunting rifles and have fired multiple AR-15 and AK-47 variants. Other than some very specific scenarios, I would pick the AR-15 over the bolt action rifles if I was trying to do max damage in a short period of time. I admit that I haven't tried the M1. Maybe that would change my opinion.

Strange that we don't hear more about mass shootings with M1 rifles or bolt action hunting rifles. Why don't the shooters pick the overall more lethal rifles? Do they make M1s with 30 round mags?

I've shot my share of bolt action hunting rifles and have fired multiple AR-15 and AK-47 variants. Other than some very specific scenarios, I would pick the AR-15 over the bolt action rifles if I was trying to do max damage in a short period of time. I admit that I haven't tried the M1. Maybe that would change my opinion.
No…..it wouldn’t.

Reactions: RileyHawk and Flie
No. Because I'm smart enough to know 22-250, 243, 25-06, 270, 6.5 grendal, and a shit ton of other short chamber cartridges exist and your grasping for bullshit without identifying the actual problem. That and its a nato round so your up shits creek there.
What is the problem? You’ve called people dunces and cited specs. Good job.

is there a problem at all for you? Is it “illegals” or “liberals” or joe Brandon or Pelosi or soros of the UN or what?

do we need more guns?

Do you know what an M1 garand cost today? No doubt a semi auto is going to fire more rounds I.n a shorter period of time than a bolt gun.

Here is another aspect of this I would concede. I shoot a fair amount. I'm currently very much enjoying learning about ballistics and pushing the range of the firearms I own. I have access to some thing that is actually pretty rare, a long distance shooting range. I'm not "average". The "average" person, probably grabs an AR and is capable of using it efficiently much faster than using an M1.

Last edited:
What is the problem? You’ve called people dunces and cited specs. Good job.

is there a problem at all for you? Is it “illegals” or “liberals” or joe Brandon or Pelosi or soros of the UN or what?

do we need more guns?
What?

Your going to lose me fast when you start trying to put words in my mouth. Leave the brandon, soros, and illegal bullshit foe your other username.

Oofta - the amount of ignorance (willful or otherwise) is mind numbing.

Food for thought - why is the military actively replacing the M4 (which, despite what the unfamiliar/uneducated say, is not an AR-15) with the MX5?

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
Oofta - the amount of ignorance (willful or otherwise) is mind numbing.

Food for thought - why is the military actively replacing the M4 (which, despite what the unfamiliar/uneducated say, is not an AR-15) with the MX5?
Wants a bigger round and to reduce weight even further. Lack of knockdown power in these urban engagement situations.

Do you know what an M1 garand cost today? No doubt a semi auto is going to fire more rounds I.n a shorter period of time than a bolt gun.

Here is another aspect of this I would concede. I shoot a fair amount. I'm currently very much enjoying learning about ballistics and pushing the range of the firearms I own. I have access to some thing that is actually pretty rare, a long distance shooting range. I'm not "average". The "average" person, probably grabs an AR and is capable of using it efficiently much faster than using an M1.
Long range.........?

1000+ yards?

Long range.........?

1000+ yards?
No. Where i shoot the most (long range) is my neighbors place and I can go out to like 800. I can go about 400 there with a nice earth backstop and that's what I really like to do. Its a crop field. My buddy has a farm though and I can shoot about as far as I would want but it's 6 miles away. I'll tell you what though man, if you want to get into the very basic feel of long range shooting and have it be mildly practical, get crazy good with a 10/22 at 150 yards. You don't need a ton of space and ammo is fairly cheap. You will get the idea of having to understand ballistics and its super fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Zierath
That's an M1 carbine magazine, that's a straight wall pistol caliber, and a damn good one (30 carbine). I do not believe you can get a 30 round clip for a garand. Part of that though is ballistics, firing even 2 30-06 rounds rapidly creates a bunch of heat.

*but if you have the barrel an m1 does and can lay controlled long-range power its a ****ing animal.

Do you know what type of round the guy was firing r are we just going for the ultimate shock factor here?

They were collecting DNA samples from parents because there was no shock factor. The bodies were unrecognizable because of a reason you can provide I suppose. What ammunition would he use in an AR-15 that doesn't travel 2800 feet/second? In a closed environment, point blank range please educate we uniformed on how the poor kid was just using low impact ammo.

Oh, and throw in the mentally ill, while he wrote he was driving to school to kill. Premeditated. The only mentally ill are the fvcked up people insisting these killing machines should be distributed like candy.

They were collecting DNA samples from parents because there was no shock factor. The bodies were unrecognizable because of a reason you can provide I suppose. What ammunition would he use in an AR-15 that doesn't travel 2800 feet/second? In a closed environment, point blank range please educate we uniformed on how the poor kid was just using low impact ammo.

Oh, and throw in the mentally ill, while he wrote he was driving to school to kill. Premeditated. The only mentally ill are the fvcked up people insisting these killing machines should be distributed like candy.
No one believes any firearm should be "distributed like candy".

This dude was a sick ****.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT