ADVERTISEMENT

AR. jailer’s wife pulls gun & detains four black children going door-to-door for school fundraiser

To be fair: this would have happened annually, every October 31st, if not for the fact all the kids Trick-or-Treating have on masks that hide what color they are.....she just figures all of 'em are white kids then....

She should have her gun privileges suspended

Also, the jailer should have to provide documentation as to what type of medical issue the lady was having and what treatment she was given. If they cannot provide this they should be suspended.

Finally the lady should have to return to the facility and have her mug shit taken and it should be released or made publicly available if that is how it is done for everyone else arrested there

Considering she committed an armed felony (or three), against minors, she should have her gun rights revoked, permanently, and get a 2-5 year "time out" in federal prison.

If her LE administrator husband wants a gun in the house, she can move to a new residence. More than 1000 ft from a school, preferably.

Also, the jailer should have to provide documentation as to what type of medical issue the lady was having and what treatment she was given. If they cannot provide this they should be suspended.

Finally the lady should have to return to the facility and have her mug shit taken and it should be released or made publicly available if that is how it is done for everyone else arrested there

There is no such thing as this.

Reactions: Joes Place
Is it racist that the newspaper thinks to put the race of the victims in the headline but not the race of the criminal? .

I don’t know about “racist”, but it is unnecessarily race-stirring.

Once again, no evidence in article that race played a part.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Am I racist for assuming the lady is white? Is it racist that the newspaper thinks to put the race of the victims in the headline but not the race of the criminal? I assume this is more white privilege that will be treated as normal.

Huh? I read that as the newspaper tipping its hat to the notion that the action had a racial component because they listed the 4 kids' race as black.

Clearly the implication would be that she is white.

You don't mention the kids' race at all if you really want to let her off the hook.

But, no idea why her race wouldn't be included. Of course her mugshot wasn't... and she was the sheriff's wife.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
As an aside...

Incidents like these could be 1000x rarer than they were 10 years ago and you wouldn't know it due to the way media works any more.

(Catching the racist sells)

Reactions: DooBi
I don’t know about “racist”, but it is unnecessarily race-stirring.

Once again, no evidence in article that race played a part.

I know this is your shtick. But at what point does context and stirring happen for you?

Don't reveal gender because of gender-stirring? Don't reveal age because of age-stirring?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I bought some multi purpose cleaner last week from a group going door to door selling. Guy was funny as hell so I essentially was paying him for his routine and scored some cleaner out of the deal (that should keep TBW busy).

Mentioned this to some folks I knew that live in the neighborhood next to me and they stated “oh yeah we heard about some suspicious people going door to door in a white van”.

Lol, black people are not suspicious just bc they are in a mostly white neighborhood. Also, I have to imagine they are more freaked out than you going up to a bunch of rich white people homes in the era of “stand your ground laws”. Guy was a trip though, I sent him to my next door neighbors who grew up in a rough neighborhood and he text me “now what am I supposed to do w all this cleaner?”.

CSB

I know this is your shtick. But at what point does context and stirring happen for you?

Don't reveal gender because of gender-stirring? Don't reveal age because of age-stirring?

Good question, and I don’t have an exact answer. Keeping gender out of it would be so awkward grammatically (“the person came to the door and a person was there”). I think age can just be “child” or “man/woman”.

It’s tricky, but needless race citation is just so inflammatory with no apparent need.

I bought some multi purpose cleaner last week from a group going door to door selling. Guy was funny as hell so I essentially was paying him for his routine and scored some cleaner out of the deal (that should keep TBW busy).

Mentioned this to some folks I knew that live in the neighborhood next to me and they stated “oh yeah we heard about some suspicious people going door to door in a white van”.

Lol, black people are not suspicious just bc they are in a mostly white neighborhood. Also, I have to imagine they are more freaked out than you going up to a bunch of rich white people homes in the era of “stand your ground laws”. Guy was a trip though, I sent him to my next door neighbors who grew up in a rough neighborhood and he text me “now what am I supposed to do w all this cleaner?”.

CSB
We bought some from a guy a few years ago. High energy was an understatement. He cleaned the front door window with it, then sprayed some on car paint and wiped it clean, said it cleaned anything and everything.

Wife said she enjoyed his presentation so she bought a bottle. It worked, we used it up, he never came back. Would have bought it again.

Reactions: mstp1992 and unIowa
Good question, and I don’t have an exact answer. Keeping gender out of it would be so awkward grammatically (“the person came to the door and a person was there”). I think age can just be “child” or “man/woman”.

It’s tricky, but needless race citation is just so inflammatory with no apparent need.
So you think that white home-owners hold white children at gunpoint for selling door-to-door?

And, FTR:

kelly.jpg

Sounds even more messed up the more you read about it:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/jerri-kelly/

The teens told WREG-TV that two of them were wearing their Wynne High School football jerseys when they walked up to Jerri Kelly’s home on the morning of Wednesday, August 7. Kelly came out of her Morningside Drive home with a gun as the boys walked up her driveway, one of the teens, a 16-year-old, told the news station.

Kelly is accused of forcing the boys to get down on the ground onto their stomachs with their legs spread and their arms behind their backs. The teens say she told them she had already called 911 and demanded they remain on the ground until officers arrived. An officer arrived and sorted out the situation, according to police.

A parent wrote on Facebook, “These boys had on their football jerseys, and this is common around this time of year in Wynne. All this lady had to do was say no thank you and close the door, but instead she chose to pull a gun out and traumatize these boys.”

A local resident wrote on Facebook, “For people who dont know the story: This happened in broad daylight, A group of African American boys were going door to door in THEIR neighborhood selling tickets for their football team and they were in fact in uniform (this was confirm by police officers) The lady who held them at gunpoint stated she watched them go from door to door. She watched them get chase by a neighbors dog. She watched the neighbor come and apologize to the young boys and get their dog. Nothing about them was suspicious or threatening. They didnt even make it to her door , she came out with a gun and held them at gun point threatening to shoot and killl them if they moved. She broke the law and traumatized those young boys for no reason. This is a messed up situation that the Sheriff Department is trying to cover up !!”

Another resident said, “This is not right. It breaks my heart to know how scared these boys were. If she were scared she just shouldn’t have opened her door.”

Imma guess there was some scary scary Fox News story on at the exact timeframe those kids were out selling their discount cards.....

Wynne gonna Wynne. It’s the kind of town that blindly supports Trump, but he wouldn’t be caught dead in. Upscale for Arkansas, though.
Yes, I’ve been there.

A local resident wrote on Facebook, “For people who dont know the story: This happened in broad daylight, A group of African American boys were going door to door in THEIR neighborhood selling tickets for their football team and they were in fact in uniform (this was confirm by police officers) The lady who held them at gunpoint stated she watched them go from door to door. She watched them get chase by a neighbors dog. She watched the neighbor come and apologize to the young boys and get their dog. Nothing about them was suspicious or threatening. They didn't even make it to her door , she came out with a gun and held them at gun point threatening to shoot and kill them if they moved. She broke the law and traumatized those young boys for no reason. This is a messed up situation that the Sheriff Department is trying to cover up !!”
@markfromj

Whatcha got?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
We bought some from a guy a few years ago. High energy was an understatement. He cleaned the front door window with it, then sprayed some on car paint and wiped it clean, said it cleaned anything and everything.

Wife said she enjoyed his presentation so she bought a bottle. It worked, we used it up, he never came back. Would have bought it again.
Same here. Teen African-American selling cleaning products. Had some funny jokes, cleaned the windows on my car. Even my dog liked him and she’s very guarded around new people.

I bought a couple bottles just for his shtick.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

As you have said, it is his shtick.

As for what many people would argue is "my shtick", how about this idea - whatever the standard is, let's be sure it is the standard no matter who is on the criminal or suspected side as well as the victim side? It is clear that the media also hides this same information, but it doesn't seem to bother half of this country because:

"That's different"

Reactions: ThorneStockton
As you have said, it is his shtick.

As for what many people would argue is "my shtick", how about this idea - whatever the standard is, let's be sure it is the standard no matter who is on the criminal or suspected side as well as the victim side? It is clear that the media also hides this same information, but it doesn't seem to bother half of this country because:

"That's different"

I agree, it was already pointed out that the media source that was linked didn't mention the race of the accused.

I also believe that there are some things that based on history or culture will just be treated differently even if they appear equal. We see this in certain gender matters.

I'm not sure about your shtick, but I do agree that you do seem to harbor some sort of odd resentment towards the advantages the blacks have in the media and elsewhere.

This. All of it. Color me HIGHLY suspicious there was a "medical issue" other than her blood pressure was likely up.

I'm not sure about your shtick, but I do agree that you do seem to harbor some sort of odd resentment towards the advantages the blacks have in the media and elsewhere.

No, you do not "agree" with that as I never said that... I get that you've got some infatuation with me, and I think I know why, but don't go and misrepresent or toss around false accusations.

No, you do not "agree" with that as I never said that... I get that you've got some infatuation with me, and I think I know why, but don't go and misrepresent or toss around false accusations.

Sorry, I meant I agree that people believe that it is your "shtick". I won't agree to an infatuation with you, you were the one who replied to me.

The last time I started anything with you was to understand if you were serious about being taken to the gas chambers by Democrats. I assure you, I am not infatuated with you, nor am I going to be a part of your final solution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT