ADVERTISEMENT

Arctic air to drive cold deep into the Sunshine State and beyond...

The weather is going to really screw up Gasparilla for me. Not sure I wanna go hang out in the cold if the chicks on boats aren't going to be throwing beads and flashing tits.

We have pipes on the outside of our Key West house... Very common. The Conch Train previously would stop in front of our house and point them out to the chuckling tourists from the great white north.
My turnoff valve is outside but it's wrapped. And everyone knows if it's really really cold you open up the cabinet doors under your sinks and even let the sinks do a slow drip overnight.

The NWS is now advertising a high temp of 49 on Saturday here at Tradition Manor.

Again... that's the forecast HIGH temperature for the day! 😲

Still shorts and flip flop weather for me regardless of temp until snow has toes completely covered.

The NWS is now advertising a high temp of 49 on Saturday here at Tradition Manor.

Again... that's the forecast HIGH temperature for the day! 😲
Ts & Ps. I'll say a prayer for you Friday night asking God to see you through this life challenge.

Reactions: noleclone2
This week has not been like Florida weather AT ALL. This is supposed to be the DRY SEASON. And any rain that blows through is usually quickly followed by clear cool conditions with a quick warm up. This is not normal.
Well, the earth is cooling.

Advice from Fort Myers on how to deal with the cold.

...HARD FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures as low as 25 possible.

* WHERE...Inland Volusia and Northern Lake Counties.

* WHEN...From late Saturday night through Sunday morning.

* IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions could kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing.

&&

The grill thing is nuts. But I do know of people who turn their ovens on to 250 or so and leave the door cracked open.
Also lots of space heaters.

The grill thing is nuts. But I do know of people who turn their ovens on to 250 or so and leave the door cracked open.
Also lots of space heaters.

Sterno FTW!

4d5e67e2-0424-4553-b6d1-be99bc16c709.16383473e1ccf374f77ed5eed2159db3.jpeg

I hate this miserable weather. 46, wind blowing like crazy, and of course, the dampness that eats into your bones.

I’d take a dry 30F over this any day.

Reactions: goldmom
Well, I know this will seem balmy to you folks in Iowa, but here in the capital of the "Sunny South", it's currently 23 degrees with a wind chill of 12. I have a soccer practice scheduled for 1:00 today, and I'm pretty sure no kids are gonna show up. This is miserable.

Well, I know this will seem balmy to you folks in Iowa, but here in the capital of the "Sunny South", it's currently 23 degrees with a wind chill of 12. I have a soccer practice scheduled for 1:00 today, and I'm pretty sure no kids are gonna show up. This is miserable.
36 here, 26 wind chill and very windy. My poor granddaughter had an 8 AM soccer game and was miserable.

It is a poor weekend for people on vacation in southern Florida. Also, a lot of businesses will be affected, such as: those that rent kayaks, jet skis, paddle boards, bicycles. Plus cruises in the Gulf are finished this weekend. Outdoor restaurants and outdoor drinking establishments. Ice cream shops.
Poor money making weekend for lots.

Reactions: goldmom
It is a poor weekend for people on vacation in southern Florida. Also, a lot of businesses will be affected, such as: those that rent kayaks, jet skis, paddle boards, bicycles. Plus cruises in the Gulf are finished this weekend. Outdoor restaurants and outdoor drinking establishments. Ice cream shops.

Thanks, Lute.

• Haha
Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

8:00 PM EST: It's now in the upper 30s according to the thermometer on the front porch here at Tradition Manor. We could be below freezing for many hours tonight. The hard freeze warning goes from 1 a.m. until 9 a.m. I think that forecast is going to be right.

ADVERTISEMENT