ADVERTISEMENT

Are cows better represented in the Senate than people?

Those cows are sh!tting here in the flyover states. Most will be turned into sh!t in the more populous states. Reduce our representation out here in nowhere, and watch even more sh!t (metaphorical sh!t too) pile up out of the view of the folks on the coasts.

Every time I see a post like this or journo spatting the nonsense in the above tweet it makes me realize how many people have not actually read the Constitution of the United States. @JohnBasedow it would really benefit you to do that before falling for garbage like this.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Every time I see a post like this or journo spatting the nonsense in the above tweet it makes me realize how many people have not actually read the Constitution of the United States. @JohnBasedow it would really benefit you to do that before falling for garbage like this.

I didn’t state my opinion either way, just sharing because I thought people would be interested. I’m a strict constitutionalist

One could also argue fresh air is better represented than people.

Oh wait, the senate is purposely built that way, as it should be.

See, the founding fathers knew what they were doing.

One could also argue fresh air is better represented than people.

Oh wait, the senate is purposely built that way, as it should be.

See, the founding fathers knew what they were doing.
Cow talk aside, do you think this is what they intended? Why didn't they just right it into the rules that you can sit on judicial nominees for years, or every other crappy thing Mitch has done the last few years?

Reactions: TheCainer
Cow talk aside, do you think this is what they intended? Why didn't they just right it into the rules that you can sit on judicial nominees for years, or every other crappy thing Mitch has done the last few years?
Yes. One chamber is representative of the population while the other represents states equally, it's fantastic for checks and balances.

Gridlock is an intended consequence, things only get changed when a good mix of both sides agree, or when an overwhelming majority of the general population put a supermajority in place, that's how it should be. We don't want laws changing when one party holds a slim majority, it's not necessary for our success as a nation.

They did NOT intend for the political shenanigans to take place we see regularly now, nor did they intend "politician" to be a career. That's where we've gone wrong and term limits may or may not help.

ADVERTISEMENT