ADVERTISEMENT

Are ISU fan's still bragging about their viewership numbers?

Solid post.

I get derailed by some of the idiocy on here when I take a look.

As I said a week or so ago, Anyone who thinks the world of college football is better off with the Iowa State’s, Kansas’s and Oklahoma states out of the picture are going to regret what college football is going to look like down the road.

Be careful what one asks for…

I will take my chances. Look on the bright side. Fort Collins has a beautiful view of the mountains. Beats the hell out of Ames.

I think ISU will survive this. If not invited to one of the other P5 conferences, I believe the Big "Eight" will continue on. They may add a couple teams which may help, but revenue from media deals will take a hit. But we have survived with low revenue before and will adjust to that. Conference alliances will help. I really don't see a full blown merger, but nothing is off the table in this new world of SEC / ESPN takeover.

Big Eight basketball is strong. There is good revenue in that and success in the tournament becomes nice distributions from the conference. ISU needs to get back to winning. There are no easy games. Many should be desired by media partners.

It won't be easy, but ISU will be fine.
Some commentary on how Texas and Oklahoma prop up the Big 12. With out them they are barely ahead of the AAC.

Some really interesting numbers in here. I’ve read lots of posts on CF about how the Pac12 should add them because they pull in TV ratings that are above average relative to Pac12 teams. Pretty interesting to see that the AAC gets similar ratings. Really just highlights again how poor the ratings are for many Pac12 teams. If they weren’t saved by their geographic isolation and hundred year history together, that conference would be in real trouble.

Umm, yeah, you quit.

Took you ball and went home. Then realized nobody was following, and reversed track.

Followed our lead.

Who's the flagship U?

*your

moron.

And Iowa (and the other B1G schools) obviously didn't quit and Iowa obviously didn't forfeit to Clown U.

Moron.

And the school with a law school and a medical school is considered the flagship university of a state.

Moron.

Last edited:
CycloneFanatic is a cesspool.
Cryclown fanatic is just a reflection of the isu fan base. Perfect example of a fan base getting exactly what they deserve. No better reward for their douchiness then being in the MAC, WAC or MVC.

What it won’t do however is slow clown fans down from claiming they would win more games if they were in the Big Ten. I mean sure they don’t have a winning record against any team in the Big Ten but that doesn’t matter or count to clown fans.

Cryclown fanatic is just a reflection of the isu fan base. Perfect example of a fan base getting exactly what they deserve. No better reward for their douchiness then being in the MAC, WAC or MVC.

What it won’t do however is slow clown fans down from claiming they would win more games if they were in the Big Ten. I mean sure they don’t have a winning record against any team in the Big Ten but that doesn’t matter or count to clown fans.
If ISU ends up in a conference below the AAC, their sports programs will essentially be over. Campbell will leave for the first decent opportunity that comes his way. Iowa will cancel the CyHawk series. But hey, Ames will still have great water!

If ISU ends up in a conference below the AAC, their sports programs will essentially be over. Campbell will leave for the first decent opportunity that comes his way. Iowa will cancel the CyHawk series. But hey, Ames will still have great water!
Many clone fans are convinced that a Big 10 invite is coming. I just don’t see how. Other schools aren’t going to take less money to allow them in. So if they aren’t in a P5 conference, and even if they merge with the AAC, they will be making far less money than they are now and will fall behind quickly. Campbell will exit to a major program quickly.

Reactions: MitchLL
Many clone fans are convinced that a Big 10 invite is coming. I just don’t see how. Other schools aren’t going to take less money to allow them in. So if they aren’t in a P5 conference, and even if they merge with the AAC, they will be making far less money than they are now and will fall behind quickly. Campbell will exit to a major program quickly.

"Many clone fans are convinced that a Big 10 invite is coming..."

Again, a total fabrication. It's been mentioned as one of many possibilities, but it's rare that someone says we're going to the Big 10.

With that said, I would be shocked if the remaining Big 12 schools don't land in a P5 conference...or the Big 12 continues to exist with the addition of a couple of schools.

Frankly, having a Big 12 without the arrogance of Oklahoma and Texas might not be such a bad thing.

Again, a total fabrication. It's been mentioned as one of many possibilities, but it's rare that someone says we're going to the Big 10.

With that said, I would be shocked if the remaining Big 12 schools don't land in a P5 conference...or the Big 12 continues to exist with the addition of a couple of schools.

Frankly, having a Big 12 without the arrogance of Oklahoma and Texas might not be such a bad thing.
Looks like you are still in the denial stage.

Why would you be shocked if the clowns don’t end up in one of the remaining P4 conferences? I have not found a single person who is in a decision making position say there will be 4 leagues with 16 teams.

I also don’t see the angry 8 being a P5 either. So if no more expansion takes place why would you be shocked if the clown are left out?

Yes, that $20 mil revenue will be totally worth being rid of them.

pathetic.

man, what are the Clown fans gonna do when their conference games are against opponents like this and on TV like this? :) Good think they are so loyal!
This coming from a fan of a school who is too damn afraid to play non conference road games other than every other year in Iowa.

The years you play us at home you have to play two other home games. Freaking wimps.

And then you rarely play Ohio State.

Your schedule is effing pathetic.

This coming from a fan of a school who is too damn afraid to play non conference road games other than every other year in Iowa.

The years you play us at home you have to play two other home games. Freaking wimps.

ISU has to go on the road to Vegas, and play a future conference game to get them to come back to Ames.

Iowa doesn’t have to do that.

Reactions: HerkyFan

And you'll be playing Tulsa and Tulane in your near future schedules on espn +

and the Big 12 rarely wins bowl games. Just shows how overrated they are. But no worries for clown fans. Best that you stay away from the Sun Belt Conference this year. Don’t want another 17 point beat down where the Ragin Cajuns ran the ball right down your throats for half the 4th quarter. They didn’t even need to try and throw the ball they were owning that mighty clown defense.

Do you realize how big of tool you are or are you just that stupid? I'm sure you understand how the Hawks schedule works since you spend so much time here so I'm going with you're not that stupid but with you're just a tool. The time you spend here and the shit you post is just sad.

Lol

Reactions: Legs94

I love it. You schedule a roadie with a MWC school and attempt to claim superiority by doing so. When was the last time ISU scheduled an actual road game against another P5 school other than Iowa? I'll let you do the same exercise with Iowa.

I also love the "you barely play the best team". We play the schedule the Big Ten gives us. I've seen the spin that ISU has to play every team, every year. That's out of necessity, and obviously now not by design as your conference is in sinking like the titanic with everyone looking for a boat.

Lastly, let us know how many FCS schools each school has played against since 2009. I was going to go the last 10 years, but I thought I'd throw you a lifeline since we played UNI in 2009. Once you tell me that along with the last time you've scheduled a non-con road game against a P5 school outside of Iowa, we can start discussing pathetic.

Now your anger appears to be taking over.

Just read CF and the "Spartan" guy's comments. He seems to have some "contacts" with his views.

ISU is in trouble. Big trouble.

For your sake, I hope ISU does well this year. It will be a very small consolation prize for being a member of the "Forgotten 8", tho.

Get a hold of Grassley and Ernst and maybe they can get you a subsidy.

Now your anger appears to be taking over.

Just read CF and the "Spartan" guy's comments. He seems to have some "contacts" with his views.

ISU is in trouble. Big trouble.

For your sake, I hope ISU does well this year. It will be a very small consolation prize for being a member of the "Forgotten 8", tho.

Get a hold of Grassley and Ernst and maybe they can get you a subsidy.
Which is funnier, Crybabby Pollard screaming “it’s not fair, I’m the Bear” or Bowlsby screaming “I’ve got proof”?

Doesn’t really matter as clown fans buy both hook, line and sinker.

Which is funnier, Crybabby Pollard screaming “it’s not fair, I’m the Bear” or Bowlsby screaming “I’ve got proof”?

Doesn’t really matter as clown fans buy both hook, line and sinker.
One by one, Clone fans are beginning to see what's ahead.

There will be those in denial, but if no other conference expands, the Big 8 won't survive even adding BYU. There are no other "semi big" schools they can add to enhance their future.

You do realize when both teams had 4 non conference games Iowa routinely scheduled home and home with other P5 teams. ASU, Arizona, Syracuse (Mizzou backed out), Pitt 4x, KState, Nebraska when in the Big 12. Meanwhile you have to go all the way back to 2002 when ISU played FSU in KC to find a time when they played someone besides Iowa that was P5. Beyond that you have to go to 97' when ISU played MN. In last 25 years you've played 2 teams not named Iowa... Meanwhile ISU has done home and home with the likes of power house teams such as NIU, Kent St, Tulsa, UConn, Toledo & Akron in the past 20 years. Least Iowa is smart enough to make these lower level teams come to IC and get that 7th home game. Last time Iowa went to a school like that is Miami (OH) in 02' but they had to come to IC 2x in 01' and 03'.

As for schedule notice both Iowa and ISU have 3 teams in preseason top 25 including each other. Which coming into this season when is last time ISU was ranked when they played Iowa? Iowa plenty of times has been ranked. Also funny the other 2 ranked teams ISU plays this year are future SEC teams OU and Texas....

You do realize when both teams had 4 non conference games Iowa routinely scheduled home and home with other P5 teams. ASU, Arizona, Syracuse (Mizzou backed out), Pitt 4x, KState, Nebraska when in the Big 12. Meanwhile you have to go all the way back to 2002 when ISU played FSU in KC to find a time when they played someone besides Iowa that was P5. Beyond that you have to go to 97' when ISU played MN. In last 25 years you've played 2 teams not named Iowa... Meanwhile ISU has done home and home with the likes of power house teams such as NIU, Kent St, Tulsa, UConn, Toledo & Akron in the past 20 years. Least Iowa is smart enough to make these lower level teams come to IC and get that 7th home game. Last time Iowa went to a school like that is Miami (OH) in 02' but they had to come to IC 2x in 01' and 03'.

As for schedule notice both Iowa and ISU have 3 teams in preseason top 25 including each other. Which coming into this season when is last time ISU was ranked when they played Iowa? Iowa plenty of times has been ranked. Also funny the other 2 ranked teams ISU plays this year are future SEC teams OU and Texas....
Facts are overrated. Another spin cycle coming and another slippery hand grasping at a straw of relevancy.

Clown fans have never let facts get in their way, they simply ignore anything that doesn’t fit their delusions. No different today than it has been the 50+ years.

Mic Drop!

Tell me about all the P5 out of conference road games ISU is playing.

For a fan base that constantly talks shit about the B1G you don’t schedule any of them outside of Iowa. Why is that? Speaking of Ohio State, ISU has never played them in school history.

45-172-5 vs. the B1G all time.
0-1 vs Rutgers
3-22-1 vs. Minnesota
1-7 vs. Northwestern
0-7 vs. Wisconsin
0-2 vs. Michigan State
1-3-2 vs. Illinois
18-85-2 vs. Nebraska
22-45 vs. Iowa

2-5-1 vs. the ACC
22-59-2 vs PAC-12

If you take out the former conference opponents, ISU is 1-6 vs. the SEC

Talking OOC scheduling isn’t a wise idea for ISU fan.

^ I know it was probably a long time ago, but JEEEEEZ at that Minnesota record.

Speaking of all-time series’, aren’t you guys about to take the all-time series vs. us (Illinois) like any second? Haha. It’s absolutely shocking how lopsided it must have been in our favor heading into the 2000s given you have beaten us like an Orange-headed stepchild for 20+ years.

(Not an exaggeration … we have beaten you once since 2000…)

We all remember the days of UNI football walking into Trice... collecting a big paycheck from a borderline D-1 program, and leaving with a "W".

Or how close Drake was to the same thing except for a VERY questionable offensive holding call that stopped a Bulldog game winning drive a couple of years ago.

Has anyone mentioned the Patriot League being a potential landing spot for Cyclone football?

Reactions: Ree4
^ I know it was probably a long time ago, but JEEEEEZ at that Minnesota record.

Speaking of all-time series’, aren’t you guys about to take the all-time series vs. us (Illinois) like any second? Haha. It’s absolutely shocking how lopsided it must have been in our favor heading into the 2000s given you have beaten us like an Orange-headed stepchild for 20+ years.

(Not an exaggeration … we have beaten you once since 2000…)
There was a really dark period of Iowa football from the 1960’s until the early 1980’s. Illinois owned us then.

We all remember the days of UNI football walking into Trice... collecting a big paycheck from a borderline D-1 program, and leaving with a "W".

Or how close Drake was to the same thing except for a VERY questionable offensive holding call that stopped a Bulldog game winning drive a couple of years ago.

Has anyone mentioned the Patriot League being a potential landing spot for Cyclone football?
I agree Pioneer League with Drake may be a perfect landing spot for isu.

As someone correctly pointed out, it has more to do with opponents, markets, etc.

Iowa has no more fans than ISU does....and the tide has been changing. We'll have record season ticket sales this year, you're falling.

As I've pointed out before, your biggest tailgate of the year is in Ames.

And, we could talk about half empty Carver.
Lol. The tide will really change in a few years.

Lol. The tide will really change in a few years.
This is what Chimp5 and Cyrail fail to understand. Once Tx and Ou leave the big12 (most likely after this season) the clones and the rest of the tagalong 8 will be in big trouble. Nobody can trust another team in the conference from fleeing for higher ground. I'm not sure many mid-major teams are lining up to join the remaining 8 to form a new big12 because its so unstable and the future is bleak. The Tv/media rights for the remaining teams plus any additional teams will be between 15-20 million at the highest. The big10 and sec will be making well over 70 million dollars after 2023. How does a team like the clones survive this disparity....short answer they don't. They will be a nice mid-major team that has minimal success but the fandom will subside because most fans will root for the power 4 team in the state. Yes...clones will still have a following and will still try to claim its a cyclone state but Iowa will have a huge advantage financially, which will keep Iowa at least in the game when it comes to facilities.

This is what Chimp5 and Cyrail fail to understand. Once Tx and Ou leave the big12 (most likely after this season) the clones and the rest of the tagalong 8 will be in big trouble. Nobody can trust another team in the conference from fleeing for higher ground. I'm not sure many mid-major teams are lining up to join the remaining 8 to form a new big12 because its so unstable and the future is bleak. The Tv/media rights for the remaining teams plus any additional teams will be between 15-20 million at the highest. The big10 and sec will be making well over 70 million dollars after 2023. How does a team like the clones survive this disparity....short answer they don't. They will be a nice mid-major team that has minimal success but the fandom will subside because most fans will root for the power 4 team in the state. Yes...clones will still have a following and will still try to claim its a cyclone state but Iowa will have a huge advantage financially, which will keep Iowa at least in the game when it comes to facilities.

Have you seen the hate cyclone fans have for Iowa? They won't be rooting for Iowa just because they're a P4 team and ISU isn't. In fact, they'll probably root more enthusiastically against Iowa because they'll likely blame Iowa for them not getting into the B1G.

Their fanbase will fade over time as fans age out and fewer new ones jump on board though.

Big brother will still be big brother and isu will still be the annoying little brother. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Have you seen the hate cyclone fans have for Iowa? They won't be rooting for Iowa just because they're a P4 team and ISU isn't. In fact, they'll probably root more enthusiastically against Iowa because they'll likely blame Iowa for them not getting into the B1G.

Their fanbase will fade over time as fans age out and fewer new ones jump on board though.
Agree...I'm not saying clone fans will become Iowa fans but younger generations that haven't picked allegiance yet will side with Iowa..

Underneath the admittedly large hateful group of outspoken clone fans, you've got a much bigger group of casual fans, and a whole bunch that don't give 2 shits about the rivalry and cheer for either school.

Iowa State has good football attendance because it's right next to a booming city, and all their alumni can settle right in the area. You can take a short drive to see local, P5 college football, some big names roll into town.

All those families and casual clone fans aren't gonna come out anymore when Iowa, Texas, and OU aren't on the schedule, and East Carolina, Tulane and Memphis come instead

Reactions: joey632
And Iowa does? What in the hell have you done in football or hoops lately?

One major bowl W since 58. No big ten championships since title game. Rarely even play OSU.

Hoops you had your final 4 run last season. Oh wait…
But own isu and destroy isu's place in the football world. We get that. Buckeyes owns us

Love it when little bro talks smack. Lol. "We're important too"

You have it all wrong. Iowa begged OU and UT to explode the Big 12 cause Iowa knew they couldn't compete with ISU anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT