ADVERTISEMENT

Are re-education camps too far off?

Do Republicans think attacking the Smithsonian is an appealing cause? I’m sure the fiscal conservatives will respect the use of government resources and taxpayer dollars to whitewash our history even more than it already has been.

Lol teaching kids Christianity (as a practice, not talking about scholarly study) is child abuse. Constitutional child abuse, but child abuse for sure. History is just history.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Do Republicans think attacking the Smithsonian is an appealing cause? I’m sure the fiscal conservatives will respect the use of government resources and taxpayer dollars to whitewash our history even more than it already has been.

It’s simply another Boogeymen that Trump employs to appeal to the uneducated and gullible He has now named the press, medical experts, scientists, and the Smithsonian as “enemies” of the state (amongst many others)

Jethro and Karen in Omaha will aggressively nod their multiple chins in agreement as Fox News and OAN amplify the discord.

Trump can’t win by uniting us: he wins by dividing us. This is yet another example.

Lol teaching kids Christianity (as a practice, not talking about scholarly study) is child abuse. Constitutional child abuse, but child abuse for sure. History is just history.

Christianity is an integral part of history over the last 2,000 years.

If you are referring to the type of Christianity Trump's buffoons practice, then perhaps, assuming religious perversion and self-promotion constitute child abuse.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Not an endorsement of Trump but as a conservative, I feel we are due for a course correction on education of American exceptionalism. Kids today spend more time learning about what is wrong with America than what is right. And there is a hell of a lot of right.

America is responsible for around a quarter of global GDP. That did not happen by accident.

America is able to produce enough food to feed the entire globe (if only we had better means of transporting and distributing it). That did not happen by accident. Many other countries cannot even feed themselves.

America has been and still is the global Technological research, invention, and innovation hub of the world. That did not happen by accident.

We are a nation of immigrants but those immigrants chose America to invent, work, take risks, and raise new families here. That did not happen by accident.

We won two world wars and put a man on the friggin’ moon for cry in’ out loud!

As it is Constitution Day, it is a great time to remind kids that our God given inalienable rights can only be granted by a higher power and shall be entrusted to the people. It was our Constitution that created the framework for early Americans to venture out, take risks, build, and reap rewards to spawn even more growth and innovation. What they made was theirs for the taking and not anyone else’s.

Yes there is bad and yes it is good to learn about that too, but the system is out of whack right now and due for a course correction.

Christianity is an integral part of history over the last 2,000 years.

If you are referring to the type of Christianity Trump's buffoons practice, then perhaps, assuming religious perversion and self-promotion constitute child abuse.
It's not that. It's teaching a child that they will go suffer eternally if they don't believe something which many find innately impossible to believe. Some people have no problem with it. Other people are compelled to live a lie for years and years and years and that's not helpful.

It's not that. It's teaching a child that they will go suffer eternally if they don't believe something which many find innately impossible to believe. Some people have no problem with it. Other people are compelled to live a lie for years and years and years and that's not helpful.

Yeah. That's not the best education for kids, agreed. In truth, the belief in a fire and brimstone underworld originates from the Greeks and is actually pagan. Christianity adopted that belief much later, at least according to some scholars.

Reactions: goldmom
What patriotic education do you see this commission working to get implemented?

I have no idea, but it can't be worse than what's in place now. Hopefully something like this...

It's about time. Plenty of kid's today are ignorant of our past and hate America. How can you be supportive of that? Well other than being THE_DEVIL of course?
It's clear that the left doesn't want America to retain it's traditional ideals. They want to keep the name but fundamentally transform the experience of being American.

I have no idea, but it can't be worse than what's in place now. Hopefully something like this...

I'm curious, what connection to US public education do you have? Do you work in it, or have children who attend?

I'm not for conflating the two. But how do we treat early explorers who came here with a primary mission to convert "the savages"? LaSalle, Marquette? Father Serra in California? (His legacy has undergone a justifiable edit, by the way)
The priests who accompanied the Conquistadors in the Southwest (DeSoto)?
I'm not defending these people. But they did figure in to our earliest story...what do we say about why the pilgrims came here?

I'm not for conflating the two. But how do we treat early explorers who came here with a primary mission to convert "the savages"? LaSalle, Marquette? Father Serra in California? (His legacy has undergone a justifiable edit, by the way)
The priests who accompanied the Conquistadors in the Southwest (DeSoto)?
I'm not defending these people. But they did figure in to our earliest story...what do we say about why the pilgrims came here?
The truth - refugees seeking religious freedom and missions and settlements engaging in religious oppression are both part of the history.

Reactions: goldmom
Curious what all you folks in favor of nationalist indoctrination think is currently being taught and how you think it should be taught. Like name historical events and how you think “leftists” are teaching them vs. how they should be taught.

Will there be a full chapter devoted to humping Old Glory?

An observed day for insult your favorite military hero?

I look forward to this bigly.

Edit: NM, his EO will die in a few months anyway, so no big bigly.

Curious what all you folks in favor of nationalist indoctrination think is currently being taught and how you think it should be taught. Like name historical events and how you think “leftists” are teaching them vs. how they should be taught.
“Nationalist indoctrination” is communist rhetoric

ADVERTISEMENT