ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any “new” practice nuggets….

Ooohhhh…..so that happens? It’s a coach thing, and maybe the coach has reasons that don’t have a f$&@?ing thing to do with idiots on a message board….geez I would’ve never thought about that?

and you say it so nonchalantly like it’s okay… Thank you for finally coming to the light!

Probably one of the dumbest aspects of your stupidity is…..

The coach plays favorites and keeps kids on the bench, then THAT kid suddenly becomes the favorite of said coach while the fans are calling for another kid….it’s awesome!!

If they are even in practice? Let the kid play against SDSU in the second half, see how he does. Petras doesn’t need the snaps
I assumed you were talking about players in general, not just QBs, but even then, you don't make choices based on what might happen.

If they're that even, it will be public knowledge anyways, and they'll likely rotate like they did with Stanzi/JC until they settle on a guy and ride with him.

The thing about coaching that a lot of people don't realize is when you place your trust in a player by naming them a starter, you also have to grant them their trust in you by giving them some room to make mistakes. Yanking a guy at the first sign of trouble is a clear way to tell them that you don't have faith in their abilities as an athlete, or their ability to grow and improve.

Just because the chances are high he starts doesn't mean there isn't a competition.

“chances are high” translates to locked in barring serious injury.

Awaiting the Ferentz presser of the canned “we had a good competition for the starting job and Padilla & Labas are doing some good things, but Petras is our guy.”

Then in the early season Petras will be protected from any meaningful on field competition to protect his ego (Kirk’s words) and their decision to start him.

Delusional rose colored Kirk adorers amuse me.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

Awaiting the Ferentz presser of the canned “we had a good competition for the starting job and Padilla & Labas are doing some good things, but Petras is our guy.”

Then in the early season Petras will be protected by any meaningful on field competition to protect his ego (Kirk’s words.)

No it doesn't. It just means that the other QBs aren't progressing enough.
At least not yet but Padilla missed time in Spring so I think that set him back a little bit. From all accounts as well, Petras had looked the best out of all the QBs for the majority of Spring.

Reactions: sober_teacher
No it doesn't. It just means that the other QBs aren't progressing enough.
At least not yet but Padilla missed time in Spring so I think that set him back a little bit. From all accounts as well, Petras had looked the best out of all the QBs for the majority of Spring.
No can't you see, everything is coded, which is why he's so smart that he can interpret Brad Banks' own words for him.

Nobody is smart except for Frantastically Phrenetic

It isn't always so much about the talent of the QB recruits. It's the coaching they receive under Ferentz and how not making mistakes takes great precedence over making plays even it you do have to take a chance now and again.

Reactions: unclesammy

Then in the early season Petras will be protected from any meaningful on field competition to protect his ego (Kirk’s words) and their decision to start him.

Yeah no kidding why would anyone support a coach who has dramatically improved the program in the last 5-7 years. I mean that’s dumb…..insert serious eye roll 🙄 here…!!

From 2011 -2014 I think he’s chance of growing was almost done. But he got rejuvenated, refocused and started making improvements.

And I must say I don’t share your “amused“ sentiment… Fans on a message board lambasting a tenured coach that has done nothing but made great improvements the last several years. No there’s another name for that and it’s not amused it’s ignorant, ungrateful and effing stupid!

quite frankly I don’t know why anybody would be dumb enough to follow a team who has a coach they can’t stand for 20 years I mean you talk about dumb dumb dumb!

Yeah no kidding why would anyone support a coach who has dramatically improved the program in the last 5-7 years. I mean that’s dumb…..insert serious eye roll 🙄 here…!!

From 2011 -2014 I think he’s chance of growing was almost done. But he got rejuvenated, refocused and started making improvements.

And I must say I don’t share your “amused“ sentiment… Fans on a message board lambasting a tenured coach that has done nothing but made great improvements the last several years. No there’s another name for that and it’s not amused it’s ignorant, ungrateful and effing stupid!

quite frankly I don’t know why anybody would be dumb enough to follow a team who has a coach they can’t stand for 20 years I mean you talk about dumb dumb dumb!

Now that’s funny right there. 😂 😂

The lure of NFL money is powerful.

Players go to play for position coaches like Phil Parker as a DB. The head coach is a figurehead. KF is tenured and has a lifetime deal. Chris Doyle was a world class S&C coach. That would be a draw, but he is gone now.

Would I personally play at Iowa if I were a talented TE recruit? Yes, even if I did think the head coach was a doddering old fool when it came to QBs. A kind, mostly genuine fool, but a fool nonetheless.

Every coach is biased.
Every coach can be unfair from time to time. Rob Bruggeman was jerked around at Iowa in favor of Rafael Eubanks, it was a joke.
Every head coach has strengths and weaknesses. KF strength is OL, no argument there, QB, a weakness.
So you believe that Kirk is lying to the players when he says it’s an open competition?
What about if they are just as good? Play the young guy with more potential would make sense
Depends on the situation. We should have ambitions of making the b10 championship game, but with a tougher schedule, the room to let a quarterback go thru growing pains is small. There’s just not a lot of room for error.
Are you trying to suggest Kirk doesn’t use coachspeak? What precisely is the point in denying this?
Of course he uses coachspeak. But you’re claiming he’s flat out lying by alleging the qb competition is a farce.

So you believe that Kirk is lying to the players when he says it’s an open competition?

Depends on the situation. We should have ambitions of making the b10 championship game, but with a tougher schedule, the room to let a quarterback go thru growing pains is small. There’s just not a lot of room for error.

Of course he uses coachspeak. But you’re claiming he’s flat out lying by alleging the qb competition is a farce.

When I grow up I want to be a douche bag just like Mr. Frantastic

Reactions: PIEPI
As has been the case for 23 years, KF knows nothing about QBs. His stubbornness is his greatest weakness. Most observers outside Fort Kinnick seem to believe Padilla is better than Petras and that Labas has, by far, the highest ceiling of the three. But KF will not budge. He grudgingly admits Labas does make some good plays at times, but he ALWAYS follows any minor compliment with a criticism. The man who picked McCann over Banks, Christensen over Stanzi, and Rudock over Beathard is at it again. Another great Iowa defense and excellent special teams will have to carry this team again if KF has his way. And that's a damn shame.
Does the qb coach and OC really have no input?

Petras is great when he is not allowed to be sacked. If we can be the best o-line in Iowa history he will silence all the haters.

You still think so?

Which overthrown pass to a wide open receiver with no pressure makes you think the problem was or is the OL?

There have been several this year through 2 games. Going to have to be specific.

Nah man, just eat your crow and STFU
What crow? Where did I say I thought Petras is good?

Meanwhile this is, by my count, the 5th time you've quoted or tagged me in a thread, unprompted, because you're a terminally online manchild. I really do appreciate the free rent though, it's flattering that I'm in your head so much that you have to do this on a regular basis.

What crow? Where did I say I thought Petras is good?

Meanwhile this is, by my count, the 5th time you've quoted or tagged me in a thread, unprompted, because you're a terminally online manchild. I really do appreciate the free rent though, it's flattering that I'm in your head so much that you have to do this on a regular basis.

Go have a good cry about it.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Says the guy begging for an apology on a thread that hasn't been touched since April lol

Threads like this are good to refresh the memory of people we should never listen to their commentary on Quarterback play ever again. Here are a few:

@Frosty7130
@cmhawks99
@HawkOn15

Don’t worry, there were others you all duped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT