ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN discusses IOWA crashing the CFP! Says we are down to 15 teams that could make CFP

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Oct 24, 2018 Update from ESPN.com

I guess we went from 9 teams (on Oct 2) to 15 teams (Oct 24) which are CFP contenders.

Per ESPN, 15 teams are left to vie for the FOUR coveted spots in the Dec. 29 semifinal games in north Texas and south Florida.

In the linked article that follows:

* The CFP contenders are listed in order of ESPN FPI rank.

* IOWA comes in at #10.

Where will Iowa be after the Penn State game?

LINK: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../eliminator-unbeaten-ucf-two-loss-texas-alive

Oct 23, 2018 Update from ESPN.com.

The playoff's biggest questions one week from the first rankings

The 13 members of the College Football Playoff selection committee meet for the first time this season in Grapevine, Texas, and release their first ranking on Oct. 30.

This is not your weekly Associated Press Top 25 poll.

New committee chairman Rob Mullens, Oregon's athletic director, said the process is "completely different."

"We don't start until after Week 9, so everything is based on work to date, results to date, résumé to date," he said. "It is not based on any sort of projection or look forward or even prior years' performance. It's 100 percent based on the results through Week 9 when our first ranking comes out."

One storyline to watch when the first ranking is released next Tuesday is
Which team is in a position to make the biggest jump?

Just because a team doesn't start in the top 10 doesn't mean it can't finish in the top four. Ohio State (No. 16 in 2014) and Oklahoma (No. 15 in 2015) both made the playoff after starting outside the initial top 10. Any one-loss Power 5 team that is still in contention to win its conference can't be ruled out -- at least not yet. That means keep an eye on Iowa this week, because if the Hawkeyes can pull off the upset at Penn State, they might have the best chance to make the slow climb up the ranking. The Nittany Lions are the only remaining opponent Iowa isn't favored to beat, according to ESPN's Football Power Index, but the Hawkeyes have a second straight difficult road trip to Purdue on Nov. 3. They also need Wisconsin to lose again, as the Badgers own the head-to-head in the division race.

LINK: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ayoff-selection-committee-deliberation-topics

ORIGINAL POST

The nine teams that still have a chance at the CFP title

• i

Heather DinichESPN Senior Writer
    • October 2, 2018; 8:00 AM CT
With its 38-17 win over No. 7 Stanford on Saturday night, Notre Dame changed the College Football Playoff picture heading into October, simply by joining the discussion.

At least for now -- in this weekly snapshot college football lives by until the next upset -- Notre Dame has a 47 percent chance to reach the playoff, according to ESPN's Playoff Predictor.

There's the SEC, which still has four undefeated teams and could again place two teams in the semifinals (39 percent chance, according to ESPN's Football Power Index).

Many of the past 16 semifinalists have these things in common:

* a regular-season schedule ranked in the top 55;
* a nonconference game against a Power 5 opponent;
* at least two wins over ranked opponents;
* a head coach who has previously won a conference title;
* a player who finished in the top 10 of the Heisman Trophy voting;
* a top-four finish in ESPN's strength of record metric;
* a top-15 ranking in either offensive or defensive efficiency; and
* a ranking among the top 10 nationally in scoring margin.

These are the teams that enter Week 6 with a real shot, and a look at whether they're following the trends of past semifinalists:

i
1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Chance to make the playoff:
75.4 percent
Chance to win the title: 32.6 percent
Trends in their favor: Alabama can check almost every box. The Tide are ranked No. 1 in offensive efficiency and No. 2 in defensive efficiency. Alabama leads the nation in points margin per game at 41.2. One of the reasons Alabama's offense is soaring is quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, who is currently leading ESPN's Heisman Watch. Thirteen of the past 16 semifinalists had a player finish in the top 10 of the Heisman voting that season. Alabama's remaining SOS is No. 38, and while Louisville hasn't been very good, the Tide can at least claim a win over a Power 5 nonconference opponent.

What's missing: Wins against ranked opponents (every past semifinalist has had at least two wins over AP-ranked teams). A top-four ranking in ESPN's strength of record metric (Alabama is currently No. 8; all 12 semifinalists over the past three seasons have been in the top four).

i
2. Ohio State Buckeyes
74.9 percent
Chance to win the title: 22.9 percent
Trends in their favor: The Buckeyes are currently No. 1 in SOS, which means the average Top 25 team would have a 12 percent chance to start 5-0 against Ohio State's schedule. They've also got a Heisman contender, as quarterback Dwayne Haskins is No. 2 in ESPN's Heisman Watch. Ohio State is No. 5 in offensive efficiency and is tied with Georgia for fourth in scoring margin at 30.2.The Buckeyes already have two wins against ranked opponents in TCU and now Penn State. The remaining strength of schedule is No. 39.

What's missing: Not a thing, as far as past trends go.

i
3. Georgia Bulldogs
52 percent
Chance to win the title: 13.9 percent
Trends in their favor: Georgia is No. 1 in defensive efficiency and No. 7 in offensive efficiency. It also has a coach who previously won the conference title in Kirby Smart.

What's missing: A Heisman hopeful, and the schedule. The Bulldogs are No. 6 in strength of record, which isn't bad at all, but Missouri is the only opponent they've played with a record over .500. Georgia also doesn't have any wins over ranked opponents yet, as South Carolina has dropped out of the AP poll since its loss to Georgia. The Bulldogs also haven't played a Power 5 nonconference opponent yet and won't until the Nov. 24 regular-season rivalry game against Georgia Tech.

i
4. Clemson Tigers
56 percent
Chance to win the title: 10.8 percent
Trends in their favor: The obvious is the experience of coach Dabo Swinney and the important Power 5 road win at Texas A&M. Clemson is No. 3 in the nation in defensive efficiency.

What's missing: The superstar and the schedule. Like Georgia, Clemson doesn't have anyone currently in the Heisman Watch, and the Tigers entered this week with some uncertainty at quarterback. Starter Trevor Lawrence was injured on Saturday, and Kelly Bryant has said he will transfer. Whether either of those is a long-term issue remains to be seen. Clemson is No. 20 in scoring margin at 21.2 points per game. Clemson is No. 5 in SOR, but it hasn't defeated any ranked opponents yet, and the lone opportunity as of now is Oct. 20 against No. 23 NC State.

Last edited:
i
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
47 percent
Chance to win the title: 6 percent
Trends in their favor: The biggest thing in Notre Dame's favor are the two wins over ranked opponents (Michigan and Stanford), and Notre Dame is currently No. 4 in SOR. The average Top 25 team would have an 18 percent chance to achieve Notre Dame's 5-0 record against the same schedule.

What's missing: Notre Dame's remaining SOS rank is No. 61, which is why the win over Stanford was so important. Virginia Tech snuck back into the rankings at No. 24 this week, but would the Hokies fall right out again if they lose at home to the Irish on Saturday? Sometimes the value of wins over "ranked" opponents can be blurry. Notre Dame hasn't cracked the top 15 in offensive (No. 31) or defensive (No. 19) efficiency yet. Notre Dame is No. 38 in scoring margin at 14 points per game. There are also only two games' worth of statistics with Book as quarterback.

i
6. Oklahoma Sooners
32.6 percent
Chance to win the title: 5.3 percent
Trends in their favor: Offensive star power. The Sooners are No. 2 in the country in offensive efficiency, thanks in large part to Heisman-hopeful quarterback Kyler Murray, who has thrown 17 touchdowns to just two interceptions. They have the regular-season win over a Power 5 nonconference opponent, but much like Alabama's win over 2-3 Louisville, OU's win over 0-4 UCLA won't do much to impress the selection committee.

What's missing: OU doesn't have any wins against ranked opponents yet, and Army and Baylor are the only teams above .500 it has beaten. The Sooners are No. 10 in SOR, but their schedule is back-loaded with games against Top 25 teams Texas, Oklahoma State and West Virginia.

i
7. Penn State Nittany Lions
15.9 percent
Chance to win the title: 3.3 percent
Trends in their favor: In spite of PSU's loss to Ohio State, quarterback Trace McSorley is still one of the best players in the country and remains on ESPN's Heisman Watch. The Nittany Lions are also No. 13 in offensive efficiency and No. 6 in the country in scoring margin at 28.6 points per game. They have a nonconference Power 5 win, albeit against 2-3 Pitt.

What's missing: The lead in the Big Ten East. With the loss to Ohio State, the Nittany Lions are playing from behind in the division race, but they still have the best chance of any one-loss team to make the playoff. The Nittany Lions don't have any wins over ranked opponents, but like Oklahoma, they still have plenty of opportunities to earn some in the heart of league play.

i
8. Washington Huskies
13.6 percent
Chance to win the title: 2.1 percent
Trends in their favor: The Huskies are second to Penn State among the one-loss teams that have the best chance to still make the playoff, and their outlook could change entirely if they win out and beat Stanford along the way on Nov. 3. Washington is No. 11 in strength of record, and can still boost its case if Oregon, Colorado and Stanford all stay ranked.

What's missing: Just about everything else. Schedule. Big wins. Heisman candidate. Strength of record. Offensive and defensive efficiency. Scoring margin. While the Huskies' 35-7 win over independent BYU was impressive, they are missing the nonconference win against a Power 5 opponent because of the loss to Auburn. Of the past 16 semifinalists, 2014 Ohio State (vs. Virginia Tech) was the only team to lose its nonconference game against a Power 5 opponent. The committee will consider how far away Washington had to travel, and the loss was only by five points, but as far as what we've seen from the committee in past years, Washington's résumé doesn't stack up right now. Washington is also outside of the top 15 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, and No. 11 in SOR and No. 33 in scoring margin (17 PPG).

i
9. Michigan Wolverines
8.1 percent
Chance to win the title: 1.1 percent
Trends in their favor: Michigan is No. 11 in defensive efficiency, and we saw that strength in its win against Northwestern.

What's missing: A head coach who has previously won a conference title. Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is 1-5 against Michigan State and Ohio State and hasn't won the division yet. The Wolverines also don't have anyone currently in the Heisman debate. Michigan is also missing wins over ranked opponents, as it lost the chance for one in the season opener against Notre Dame. The Wolverines have a three-game stretch beginning Oct. 13 -- against No. 16 Wisconsin, No. 20 Michigan State and No. 11 Penn State -- that will define their season.

The others

It's a common theme here -- and also to be expected, considering we're entering only Week 6 -- that some of the best teams in the country are still in need of résumé-boosting wins. There are ample opportunities, especially in the Big 12, Big Ten and SEC. Two more teams that were just on the verge of making the list were LSU and West Virginia, which both have a 6.4 percent chance to make the playoff but only a 0.6 percent chance to win it all.

WVU coach Dana Holgorsen knows how difficult it is.

"Every kid is going to say two things: They're going to say they want to go to the CFP, and they want to win a national championship," he said. "I'm like, 'Well, that's all good, but you've got to get to the Big 12 championship game first.' I like goals that you can achieve as opposed to just the ultimate one. That's everybody's ultimate goal, but it's very, very unrealistic to about 98 percent of the teams out there."

Which is why we're already down to nine.

Maybe if you count "likelihood" of something to happen. If Iowa goes undefeated the rest of the season and Wisconsin loses one along the way they will be in the playoffs (assuming a win in the CCG). Or, maybe the committee keeps them out so everyone can watch another thrilling Clemson vs. Alabama game. Or whatever. Maybe keeping the Big 10 out two years in a row will finally create the financial incentive to expand the playoffs.

Maybe if you count "likelihood" of something to happen. If Iowa goes undefeated the rest of the season and Wisconsin loses one along the way they will be in the playoffs (assuming a win in the CCG). Or, maybe the committee keeps them out so everyone can watch another thrilling Clemson vs. Alabama game. Or whatever. Maybe keeping the Big 10 out two years in a row will finally create the financial incentive to expand the playoffs.

Agreed, but Wisconsin needs to lose twice.

They already lost once. Is head to head match-ups before overall record in the tie-breaker? I can't remember the order of those things and they don't always make sense.

For Iowa to have any chance they would have to make the CCG and win which would require Wisconsin to lose two conference games.

Conference record determines who goes to CCG so Wisconsin’s loss to BYU determines nothing.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
If you really think iowa is good enough to be mentioned with the top 4 teams then you need your head examined. The 86 Rose Bowl team is likely the only one talented enough in the modern era to lay that claim. Kirks best team was 2002 and they got thir asses handed to them in front of the world

If you really think iowa is good enough to be mentioned with the top 4 teams then you need your head examined. The 86 Rose Bowl team is likely the only one talented enough in the modern era to lay that claim. Kirks best team was 2002 and they got thir asses handed to them in front of the world

Amazing you would know this without watching Iowa play. As a non follower how do you even know who is on the team?

Amazing you would know this without watching Iowa play. As a non follower how do you even know who is on the team?
I’ve seen plenty and it doesn’t take much to come to this realization. What exactly are you adding to this? Put your money where your mouth is. Do you believe iowa is good enough to be a top 8 team? If so, you also need help

Ya, francis, this sounds like da beginning of 2015 conversations that iowa has a shot at the CFP and why arent a they being considered. ;)

Short and sweet, they have NO shot. Iowa has a fine defense, but no offense. Not to mention the very weak schedule. Dont get your hopesup only to be dashed. ;)

Reactions: D-Hawk
Like who?

Basically any team in the top 25 right now besides maybe VaTech has a serious shot. Narrowing it down to 9 teams this early seems silly to me. LSU, West Virginia, Auburn, and UCF would top the list. But there are many teams in the hunt and the probability that at least one of those teams not mentioned makes the playoffs is I think a lot higher in reality than what is reported in the aritcle. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was titled "The 9 most likely teams to make the CFP." But saying things like "Which is why we're already down to 9" is dumb in my opinion.

You could name 9 teams at the beginning of the year and 2 or 3 of those will likely be in the playoffs. Just because they are assumed to be the best and will be highly ranked to start and barely fall if they lose. A 1 loss Bama team will always make the playoff. A 1 loss Iowa or Wisconsin had better win the Big Ten and be deemed to have beaten a sufficient number of top teams to have earned their spot

Lol, after an unprecedented 78 day layoff! Or was it a 93 day layoff?? I forget

I’ve seen plenty and it doesn’t take much to come to this realization. What exactly are you adding to this? Put your money where your mouth is. Do you believe iowa is good enough to be a top 8 team? If so, you also need help

You need some reading comprehension help. Nowhere did I claim anything about Iowa. So you are back to watching Iowa football?

So you're saying that if we win out, beating Penn State in the regular season, and Ohio State in the B10 championship game, that they wouldn't make the playoffs?

Lol Iowa > your team

They already lost once. Is head to head match-ups before overall record in the tie-breaker? I can't remember the order of those things and they don't always make sense.
overall conf record first, then head to head. Overall record doesn't play in to it

Reactions: BioHawk
i
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
47 percent
Chance to win the title: 6 percent
Trends in their favor: The biggest thing in Notre Dame's favor are the two wins over ranked opponents (Michigan and Stanford), and Notre Dame is currently No. 4 in SOR. The average Top 25 team would have an 18 percent chance to achieve Notre Dame's 5-0 record against the same schedule.

What's missing: Notre Dame's remaining SOS rank is No. 61, which is why the win over Stanford was so important. Virginia Tech snuck back into the rankings at No. 24 this week, but would the Hokies fall right out again if they lose at home to the Irish on Saturday? Sometimes the value of wins over "ranked" opponents can be blurry. Notre Dame hasn't cracked the top 15 in offensive (No. 31) or defensive (No. 19) efficiency yet. Notre Dame is No. 38 in scoring margin at 14 points per game. There are also only two games' worth of statistics with Book as quarterback.

i
6. Oklahoma Sooners
32.6 percent
Chance to win the title: 5.3 percent
Trends in their favor: Offensive star power. The Sooners are No. 2 in the country in offensive efficiency, thanks in large part to Heisman-hopeful quarterback Kyler Murray, who has thrown 17 touchdowns to just two interceptions. They have the regular-season win over a Power 5 nonconference opponent, but much like Alabama's win over 2-3 Louisville, OU's win over 0-4 UCLA won't do much to impress the selection committee.

What's missing: OU doesn't have any wins against ranked opponents yet, and Army and Baylor are the only teams above .500 it has beaten. The Sooners are No. 10 in SOR, but their schedule is back-loaded with games against Top 25 teams Texas, Oklahoma State and West Virginia.

i
7. Penn State Nittany Lions
15.9 percent
Chance to win the title: 3.3 percent
Trends in their favor: In spite of PSU's loss to Ohio State, quarterback Trace McSorley is still one of the best players in the country and remains on ESPN's Heisman Watch. The Nittany Lions are also No. 13 in offensive efficiency and No. 6 in the country in scoring margin at 28.6 points per game. They have a nonconference Power 5 win, albeit against 2-3 Pitt.

What's missing: The lead in the Big Ten East. With the loss to Ohio State, the Nittany Lions are playing from behind in the division race, but they still have the best chance of any one-loss team to make the playoff. The Nittany Lions don't have any wins over ranked opponents, but like Oklahoma, they still have plenty of opportunities to earn some in the heart of league play.

i
8. Washington Huskies
13.6 percent
Chance to win the title: 2.1 percent
Trends in their favor: The Huskies are second to Penn State among the one-loss teams that have the best chance to still make the playoff, and their outlook could change entirely if they win out and beat Stanford along the way on Nov. 3. Washington is No. 11 in strength of record, and can still boost its case if Oregon, Colorado and Stanford all stay ranked.

What's missing: Just about everything else. Schedule. Big wins. Heisman candidate. Strength of record. Offensive and defensive efficiency. Scoring margin. While the Huskies' 35-7 win over independent BYU was impressive, they are missing the nonconference win against a Power 5 opponent because of the loss to Auburn. Of the past 16 semifinalists, 2014 Ohio State (vs. Virginia Tech) was the only team to lose its nonconference game against a Power 5 opponent. The committee will consider how far away Washington had to travel, and the loss was only by five points, but as far as what we've seen from the committee in past years, Washington's résumé doesn't stack up right now. Washington is also outside of the top 15 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, and No. 11 in SOR and No. 33 in scoring margin (17 PPG).

i
9. Michigan Wolverines
8.1 percent
Chance to win the title: 1.1 percent
Trends in their favor: Michigan is No. 11 in defensive efficiency, and we saw that strength in its win against Northwestern.

What's missing: A head coach who has previously won a conference title. Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is 1-5 against Michigan State and Ohio State and hasn't won the division yet. The Wolverines also don't have anyone currently in the Heisman debate. Michigan is also missing wins over ranked opponents, as it lost the chance for one in the season opener against Notre Dame. The Wolverines have a three-game stretch beginning Oct. 13 -- against No. 16 Wisconsin, No. 20 Michigan State and No. 11 Penn State -- that will define their season.

The others

It's a common theme here -- and also to be expected, considering we're entering only Week 6 -- that some of the best teams in the country are still in need of résumé-boosting wins. There are ample opportunities, especially in the Big 12, Big Ten and SEC. Two more teams that were just on the verge of making the list were LSU and West Virginia, which both have a 6.4 percent chance to make the playoff but only a 0.6 percent chance to win it all.

WVU coach Dana Holgorsen knows how difficult it is.

"Every kid is going to say two things: They're going to say they want to go to the CFP, and they want to win a national championship," he said. "I'm like, 'Well, that's all good, but you've got to get to the Big 12 championship game first.' I like goals that you can achieve as opposed to just the ultimate one. That's everybody's ultimate goal, but it's very, very unrealistic to about 98 percent of the teams out there."

Which is why we're already down to nine.
Technically we're down to 1. Alabama! Who's is beating Alabama? It doesn't look like anyone. CFP mostly irrelevant.

Until it's at least an eight team playoff, it's little better than the BCS. Anytime you have a committee, you have subjective opinions and politics at work, and that's always a disaster. As many of us on here have said over and over, you can't have a viable playoff unless it automatically includes ALL FIVE major conference champions. To begin with, it's not "national" if it excludes two-thirds of the country and two major conferences. That's ludicrous on the face of it.

So have at least 8 teams--five conference champs and 3 at large teams. Only then will the CFP be even close to what it claims to be.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Ya, francis, this sounds like da beginning of 2015 conversations that iowa has a shot at the CFP and why arent a they being considered. ;)

Short and sweet, they have NO shot. Iowa has a fine defense, but no offense. Not to mention the very weak schedule. Dont get your hopesup only to be dashed. ;)

I know that ISU has played the toughest schedule in the country so far (according to Sagarin), with limited results, which is obviously making you very angry. But to claim that Iowa's schedule to this point (#25 currently) is weak is more than a bit of a stretch and invalidates your entire commentary. Sorry for the truth bomb, y'all.

Any P5 team with one loss or less is still very much in the running for the CFP, to say differently is premature and pointless.

Reactions: GetOnTheLine
There's conflation of likely and possibly going on here.

'bama is likely to make the playoffs

Iowa could possibly make the playoffs, but is highly unlikely to.

The author is incorrect from the outset in that the title of her piece implies possibly, but the substance revolves around likely.

I think there are actually less than that that have a legit shot at a national title. And it is that way every year. College Football might be the most lopsided major sport in the U.S. Most of the teams are really just playing for bragging rights against rivals.

I know that ISU has played the toughest schedule in the country so far (according to Sagarin), with limited results, which is obviously making you very angry. But to claim that Iowa's schedule to this point (#25 currently) is weak is more than a bit of a stretch and invalidates your entire commentary. Sorry for the truth bomb, y'all.

Any P5 team with one loss or less is still very much in the running for the CFP, to say differently is premature and pointless.
Ya, son, you know, i know, and everyone knows that iowa has the easiest schedule in the b1g. Da only way it could possibly be any easier is to swap out one of their b1g east opponents with a Rutgers. ;)

See also <a href="www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/ContentGallery/Ranking-the-2018-schedules-of-Big-Ten-football-teams-120302524/Amp/">Ranking 2018 b1g schedules </a>.

Ya, son, you know, i know, and everyone knows that iowa has the easiest schedule in the b1g. Da only way it could possibly be any easier is to swap out one of their b1g east opponents with a Rutgers. ;)

See also <a href="www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/ContentGallery/Ranking-the-2018-schedules-of-Big-Ten-football-teams-120302524/Amp/">Ranking 2018 b1g schedules </a>.

Did you check the link you posted? Utter fail.

They don’t even have Iowa’s schedule correct so how can they rank it correctly?

Fart noises.

So you're saying that if we win out, beating Penn State in the regular season, and Ohio State in the B10 championship game, that they wouldn't make the playoffs?
No....Too many blue bloods that have a name and tv draw...

You could name 9 teams at the beginning of the year and 2 or 3 of those will likely be in the playoffs. Just because they are assumed to be the best and will be highly ranked to start and barely fall if they lose. A 1 loss Bama team will always make the playoff. A 1 loss Iowa or Wisconsin had better win the Big Ten and be deemed to have beaten a sufficient number of top teams to have earned their spot

I agree with your sentiments except there is no way a 1 loss Iowa or Wisconsin is making the playoffs unless all other teams have a loss. There’s only a finite set of programs that can sustain a loss and make the playoffs; Alabama and OSU. They can put whatever teams in their weekly big reveal of the top 4 but the bottom line is you’d better be an elite program or in the power 5 unbeaten if you are not to get in.

The only time SOS matters is when they are working an angle to get a marquee program in over a non marquee power 5 program.

Here’s your test... Spot #4 comes down to 1 loss teams:

Iowa, Wisconsin or Notre Dame
Choice will be Notre Dame

Iowa, Wisconsin or Clemson
Choice will be Clemson

Iowa, Wisconsin or Oklahoma/Texas
Choice will be Oklahoma/Texas

Iowa, Wisconsin or USC
Choice will be USC

Iowa, Wisconsin or Florida/Georgia
Choice will be Florida/Georgia

This is a made for TV event so ESPN wants eyeballs on it for what they are paying.

Ya, here you go, so many links to sort through on how easy their schedule is relativr to others. B1g east, no osu/mich/msu, etc. Wow! ;)

www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-strength-of-schedule-rankings-2018-ohio-state-iowa-have-it-relatively-easy/amp/

This is such a douchebag argument. Hawks pounded the Buckeyes last year and own Michigan. Big deal. They don't make the schedule, just play it. They've done fine lately against the Big East. Now how would the Clowns do.....?

This is such a douchebag argument. Hawks pounded the Buckeyes last year and own Michigan. Big deal. They don't make the schedule, just play it. They've done fine lately against the Big East. Now how would the Clowns do.....?
Ya, everyone knows the B1G East is stronger, just look at the champions through da years. Hawkeyes got pounded and manhandled by Wisconsin 38-14, so that win against OSU last year does not look repeatable. I think Michigan would take exception to Iowa owning them LOL And Iowa is 2-10 against OSU over da last 21 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT