ADVERTISEMENT

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of the country created by our founding fathers?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
I don't think it's such a stretch of what we once thought would be impossible...

This woman won't likely win but others like her are... We have people in the military, police, politicians, legal community, etc that are supporting these idiots. Sometimes with insurrectionist force and their numbers are growing.

Cultist Wisconsin AG Candidate Vows To Prosecute Doctors And Hospitals For Not Prescribing Horse Paste​

March 31, 2022 Republicans, Trump cultists

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports:
A Chippewa Falls attorney who is a key player in a movement to take the impossible step of decertifying the 2020 election is running for Attorney General on a platform of using the office to prosecute doctors who did not administer the anti-parasite drug ivermectin to dying COVID-19 patients.
Karen Mueller is joining the race’s Republican primary after unsuccessfully suing in November 2020 to overturn the presidential election result.
Mueller said in an interview she is launching a campaign in order to investigate six Wisconsin hospitals for their doctors’ decisions to not administer ivermectin to COVID-19 patients.

I don't think it's such a stretch of what we once thought would be impossible...

This woman won't likely win but others like her are... We have people in the military, police, politicians, legal community, etc that are supporting these idiots. Sometimes with insurrectionist force and their numbers are growing.

Cultist Wisconsin AG Candidate Vows To Prosecute Doctors And Hospitals For Not Prescribing Horse Paste​

MAGA!!

Reactions: blackbones
It's been going downhill for more than 40 years. At first it was gradual, it accelerated in the early 2000s, gained speed in the late 2000s, then the brakes were destroyed in 2016.

At this point, it's only a matter of when, not if. Seriously, there is no "better" currently in sight. And if the Dems lose the midterm, that might actually cause us to be within sight of the end.

Which I hate for my kids. For me? Immaterial, it won't affect me. But kids and grandkid(s) are screwed.

It's been going downhill for more than 40 years. At first it was gradual, it accelerated in the early 2000s, gained speed in the late 2000s, then the brakes were destroyed in 2016.

At this point, it's only a matter of when, not if. Seriously, there is no "better" currently in sight. And if the Dems lose the midterm, that might actually cause us to be within sight of the end.

Which I hate for my kids. For me? Immaterial, it won't affect me. But kids and grandkid(s) are screwed.
Reagan set it all in motion.

1) Ivermectin has been shown to not be effective in treating COIVD. This was said by the makers (Merck) for over a year and recent published studies confirm that. Any lawmaker pushing this at this point is a moron.

2) Calling Ivermectin a "horse paste" or "horse de-wormer" is incredibly dishonest. It's an approved anti-viral medication for human usage and has saved countless lives treating tropical diseases around the world. This is why the creators of the drug won a Nobel Prize in 2015 for it. Implying it's a horse de-wormer and not a doctor prescribed medication for humans is moronic.

This was the turning point. Should have ended here.

trump-mocks-disabled-reporter.gif

Look, I get that ivermectin does nothing to help COVID patients. But can we at least try to be honest about what it actually is?

Prescription-grade ivermectin formulated for humans is different from the horse paste you buy at your local tack and feed store. It's not anti-viral, but it is an FDA-approved medication that is safe for humans and is commonly prescribed to treat parasite infestations like scabies and lice.

When Joe.My.God. decided to claim that this woman wants to sue hospitals for "not prescribing horse paste", he basically decided "I'm going to shine a spotlight on an idiot, but first I'm going to make sure I look like an idiot too."

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Too much influence from bad actors around the world. What was once strong & sturdy, has now developed into fissures then large cracks.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Schumer declared America would be fundamentally changed, but so far, fortunately we're still pretty OK. Keep the AOCs and Jan 6'ers on the sidelines and we'll be OK.
Comparing AOC to the 1/6 deniers is really unfair to her. She did help raise millions for Texas...not her state...when Ted Cruz and Cornyn did nothing. You don't have to agree with her political stances but she is a good human being...unlike the Jim Jordan, MTG, Boebert and Gosar's of Congress. Don't even get me started on McConnell and Paul from Kentucky who have massive ties to Russia. Those two are BAD people.

Odd, the same people who hate the US to its core for its roots in colonialism, racist founding documents, white patriarchy, etc ... increasingly protest the unraveling of the country created by the white, Founding Fathers.

Or at least when it's convenient to do so.

Reactions: Hawk_82 and DooBii
You should read this book -- very clear-eyed look at how the Constitution is a very flawed document that was cobbled together as a bunch of compromises that just kicked the can down the road on many of the issues that 1) led to the Civil War and 2) are still vexing us today.

The TL/DL version? We've never, ever really been "united" states.

91jvbKsan-L.jpg

You should read this book -- very clear-eyed look at how the Constitution is a very flawed document that was cobbled together as a bunch of compromises that just kicked the can down the road on many of the issues that 1) led to the Civil War and 2) are still vexing us today.

91jvbKsan-L.jpg

I believed the shorted term would be called “agendas” everyone has them.

91jvbKsan-L.jpg
Should it really be a surprise the constitution was set up that way? The founding fathers were very wary of a strong central government. The intent was to set up a union where power was concentrated in the states. I just don't see where that makes it inherently flawed.

Thats like prosecuting doctors and hospitals for not prescribing bleach, or medicinal urine. All are readily available OTC at your local Farm and Fleet, Hy-Vee, or other means.

Should it really be a surprise the constitution was set up that way? The founding fathers were very wary of a strong central government. The intent was to set up a union where power was concentrated in the states. I just don't see where that makes it inherently flawed.
The Founding Fathers were not a monolith.

Yes, some favored stronger states and weaker federal government. Others favored a stronger central government and weaker state power.

The document reflects that. That doesn't mean it's "inherently flawed" but it certainly means it is not infallible nor that it was universally looked upon as a "permanent solution."

Odd, the same people who hate the US to its core for its roots in colonialism, racist founding documents, white patriarchy, etc ... increasingly protest the unraveling of the country created by the white, Founding Fathers.

Or at least when it's convenient to do so.
Russians and Iranians protest the unraveling?

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt on this "OK" sign and the white power sign. Most of the time, it is just silliness, as we have seen photos of Obama giving the OK sign. This looks different to me. The way he has it backwards is very odd and could not be confused as being "OK". It is bizarre to me that anyone would flash that in public, even if it is what you believe, in an age where everyone has a camera. It's really gross.

Beginning? I would argue that was in 2000. We're probably at the end of the middle. The only thing stopping us from getting to Endgame was Trump losing in 2020. Had he won and had another term and the process would have been accelerated. It could still happen. Ron DeSantis will certainly continue us down that path.

Comparing AOC to the 1/6 deniers is really unfair to her. She did help raise millions for Texas...not her state...when Ted Cruz and Cornyn did nothing. You don't have to agree with her political stances but she is a good human being...unlike the Jim Jordan, MTG, Boebert and Gosar's of Congress. Don't even get me started on McConnell and Paul from Kentucky who have massive ties to Russia. Those two are BAD people.
And you forget mcconnell's wife who's family is friends with Xi.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT