ADVERTISEMENT

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of the country created by our founding fathers?

I do worry about the internet and cable news propaganda problem. There are a hundred million Russians fully convinced that they are winning a war against Nazis and providing humanitarian aid.

I never thought a fresh generation not raised in that environment (see, North Korea) would be susceptible to that.

Yeah.

Before the Ukraine invasion, different cable news channels were reporting different realities for years.

That was troubling.

Yeah.

Before the Ukraine invasion, different cable news channels were reporting different realities for years.

That was troubling.
Ireland has developed a key protection against what’s happening in Russia and in this country.

They don’t like their politicians. No politician is good. They’re all crooked, self-serving narcissists. If it comes down to what they tell you or common sense, trust your common sense.

Ireland has developed a key protection against what’s happening in Russia and in this country.

They don’t like their politicians. No politician is good. They’re all crooked, self-serving narcissists. If it comes down to what they tell you or common sense, trust your common sense.

They can't all be bad. 😀

I keep saying we're heading to authoritarian rule, and the typical MAGAs laugh...but I have yet to see them explain why I'm crazy to think that. I would love for them to actually prove to me my eyes and ears aren't lying and that Trump, his enablers in Congress, and his followers really don't want that type of rule. I never get an actual explanation about why the laws being passed in all these states repressing voting rights are for the good of all Americans. Or why Republicans are against voting rights? Why Republicans are against lowering health care and prescription drug costs. Why are they against anything that helps the American people.

The shit going on right now is stuff we read about in history books about the wealthy and the peasants in various countries...things many of us weren't aware of early enough. Not to mention many don't even care.

Again, someone explain how my eyes and ears are lying.
What specifically do you think was authoritarian from Trump? To me the left accuses him of something they themselves are doing. Vaccines and mask mandates (mandates, orders from the government dictating your lives, doesn't matter why). Suppression of free speech by leftist tech oligarchs. The continued assault on the Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment and free speech and also religion. It was OK for the left (Biden) to let the big box stores stay open during COVID, but shutter small businesses and keep people from meeting in church isn't authoritarian? My ass. It is the left that believes the federal government has all the answers, conservatives believe in freedom FROM government. I know "authoritarian" has become a buzz word for the left, but it defies logic and is the height of hypocrisy to accuse Trump and conservatives of authoritarianism.

There may well be a civil war in our future. It will be the people that believe in the Constitution, limited government, take personal responsibility and work hard, a live and let live mentality and think for themselves. The working people the left despises; the people that build, keep our country going, oil, sanitation workers, electricians, factory workers. Versus the people that mock them as uneducated and stupid....racist. People that want the government to think for them (sheep), don't believe in a god, or at least something bigger than themselves, think they are victims, are lazy and everyone owes them something. Don't worry, it won't last long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 83Hawk
That is not what I’m saying at all. As a currently non-practicing Catholic, I understand how important the abortion issue is for many. And I genuinely respect the sincere conviction of many hearts who feel compelled to vote based on that issue alone. On a personal note, if I could have genuinely believed that (e.g.) casting a vote for Donald Trump would have saved every unborn baby that has been aborted since the election, and that all children who would have otherwise been aborted would be loved for and taken care of, I would have done so. Even in the face of everything I despise about a Donald Trump presidency, I would have still voted for the man based on that single issue and outcome. Unfortunately, the notion that outcome was even remotely possible violated every part of my intellect that is logical, and therefore I voted according to what I believed to be pragmatic and most efficacious in producing the best result for the United States of America. To this day, I still do not regret any vote I cast against Donald Trump and the current GOP.

As far as single-issue voters who voted for Donald Trump from a sincerely convicted heart are concerned, I find no fault with them, even in disagreement. Furthermore, I do not believe because someone is a single-issue voter means they are incapable of critical thinking. My one and only point is that voting based on the status quo of supporting unborn children and traditional marriage is not critical thinking, as you suggested. It’s simply not (regardless of sincere conviction). The fact you threw out a lot of window dressing to obfuscate this point tells me you understand this also.

God bless you, swag. 😁

Why not go to Mass? You don't have to take Communion.

Gradually, you may be "cured of unbelief", as Blaise Pascal taught. :)

Masstimes.org

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
My theory is that its a machine designed to break even the best of us. you either get in line or you get processed out.

Yeah.

I think most politicians probably mean well but they have to represent their crazy voter base.

Baby Boomers doomed America with their narcism and reckless disreguard for passing on what they were given.

Yeah.

I think most politicians probably mean well but they have to represent their crazy voter base.
crazy how small minorities have hijacked the major parties. As a libertarian, i embrace the idea of strong 3rd party option. But im not sure i like the idea of a president that only appeals to 1/3 of Americans... at the same time... maybe that would bring some balance to the system and slow it down some. DC was never designed to move in such a fast and loose manner.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
crazy how small minorities have hijacked the major parties. As a libertarian, i embrace the idea of strong 3rd party option. But im not sure i like the idea of a president that only appeals to 1/3 of Americans... at the same time... maybe that would bring some balance to the system and slow it down some. DC was never designed to move in such a fast and loose manner.

Would libertarians ever be able to actually govern?

It seems to me the libertarian philosophy isn't practical in a real world setting. It's utopian fantasy, IMO.

Would libertarians ever be able to actually govern?

It seems to me the libertarian philosophy isn't practical in a real world setting. It's utopian fantasy, IMO.
I think a majority welcome at least
some degree of compromise…example i can think if is the recent decriminalization of marijuana, this last week. While a true Lib stance would like to see no regulation, decriminalizing is better than nothing

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT