ADVERTISEMENT

Are You An Asshole About COVID?

I sit in meetings listening to the IPCO experts tell us what's really happening out there in the real world. Surgical masks are basically useless and social distancing in a crowd is pure fantasy for infection prevention.
I'm sure these meetings consist of thorough literature review and analysis. Surgical masks are effective at decreasing spread, it's why we're back to using them for all patient encounters. You can't distance effectively in a crowd, hence why it's called a crowd.

If the at risk person had a place she could move to then she is the asshole. If not, the other lady is. Can't we just be decent to each other? I'd walk 5 blocks out of my way if I knew it would help an at risk person.

If the at risk person had a place she could move to then she is the asshole. If not, the other lady is. Can't we just be decent to each other? I'd walk 5 blocks out of my way if I knew it would help an at risk person.
Problem is, in a busy airport it's hard for thousands of people to avoid just the one. If the person is immune compromised, then I do feel sorry for them, but they can't expect planet earth to bend for them. If the person is related to an immune compromised person, then they will have to make arrangements to not be near that person for the required period of time after potential exposure.

The only thing I agree with is there is absolutely no need to be nasty to someone. We need to be a kinder society.

I'm sure these meetings consist of thorough literature review and analysis. Surgical masks are effective at decreasing spread, it's why we're back to using them for all patient encounters. You can't distance effectively in a crowd, hence why it's called a crowd.
In central Iowa there are still no masks in medical facilities. No masks anywhere. My doctor did not wear them when they were still required in his hospital and when I asked if I could take mine off he said “of course, masks don’t do anything anyway. The mask stuff is all BS.”

The only thing I agree with is there is absolutely no need to be nasty to someone. We need to be a kinder society.
absolutely. On the flip side, we can’t have people being outrageous when they don’t get their way.

Just be kind, decent people.

In central Iowa there are still no masks in medical facilities. No masks anywhere. My doctor did not wear them when they were still required in his hospital and when I asked if I could take mine off he said “of course, masks don’t do anything anyway. The mask stuff is all BS.”
horseshit. but hey, if you're going to try to tell me what the policies are at my hospital, feel free. the rest of us can see you're a liar.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT