ADVERTISEMENT

Are you excited about President Pence?

I'm thinking that there's enough skeletons in Pences' closet, that his time in the WH wouldn't last too long either. There's that pesky connection to Mike Flynn.;)

Reactions: cigaretteman
Really, that be great if the members of NATO said stop protecting us for free.

Fricking please stop. The rest of the free world will always come begging for a United States handout.

Which, btw, gives the United States leverage in other things. But that's besides the point. Right now, I'm not sure the United States would come to the defense of NATO allies in the event of a Russian invasion of the Baltics. If Putin invades and we do nothing, NATO is over as a functioning entity.

Hell, what happens if the UK invokes article 5 over the use of chemical weapons on their territory? I can't say for sure which side of the issue our government will fall on and that is sad.

Excited no.

Strongly prefer due to stability, less stupid tweets, not having a national embarrassment in charge. Most certainly.

I don't worry that Pence would start a nuclear war. Pence to my knowledge has never publicly mused about having sex with his daughter.

Also he has been married to one woman who is his age and not a trophy wife.

Not saying I would vote for Pence in 2020. But in the meantime please for the love of God give me a President Pence.

Also he has to my knowledge never impicitly defended Nazis.

And that is all BS.
Unfortunately it is true - here is the world's respect aspect.

PG_2017.06.26.US_Image-00-0.png

I'd agree with those. Mitt Romney also comes to mind. They're all certainly wrong-headed about many US policies, but they are qualified, sane, intelligent, knowledgeable and fit to be President. Our current Asshole in Chief is none of those things. John McCain would also be a good President were it not for his health problems.

John Kasich is many things, but he is not a conservative. Neither is McCain or Romney. Although they are a bit more "right" than Kasich.

Reactions: biggreydogs
Which, btw, gives the United States leverage in other things. But that's besides the point. Right now, I'm not sure the United States would come to the defense of NATO allies in the event of a Russian invasion of the Baltics. If Putin invades and we do nothing, NATO is over as a functioning entity.

Already happened with Crimea and Obama did nothing.

The people of Indiana weren't going to re-elect him that is for sure.

Ah yes just like how Evan Bayh was going to win the Senate seat in 2016 and John Gregg was going to win the Governor's race in 2016. Hint...neither happened due to the Trump bump.

Pence would have won re-election.

Already happened with Crimea and Obama did nothing.

The Ukraine isn't/wasn't a member of NATO and Obama actually did do something. Actually, the sanctions that resulted from that were the instigator for Putin to interfere with our elections in the first place and prevent Hillary from winning. Putin feared Hillary. He welcomed Trump.

John Kasich is many things, but he is not a conservative. Neither is McCain or Romney. Although they are a bit more "right" than Kasich.
I believe Kasich, McCain and Romney represent much more of America and its values than either HClinton, DTrump or the VP.
40 years ago I could envision myself voting Republican as I reached my retirement years...in the past 30 years the GOP hasn’t made a dangerous swing to the hard right...and that move hard right was started with Reagan and his deal with the Devil (evangelicals) to win the ‘80 election. There is no way I can see me ever voting Republican especially at the national level until the GOP has a catharsis. Sadly, the demise of the GOP has allowed the Dems to join the nation’s race to the bottom, too....altho not as dire as the Republicans.

No. But I could perhaps enjoy the fact that our president would get confused with Race Bannon instead of accurately recognized as the degenerate reprobate we have now.

tumblr_mrn9raKHgV1scw8kvo1_400.gif

NATO.
The office of the Presidency.
Our ability to negotiate anything.
Our relationship with our allies.
The ability for sick people to receive treatment.

That's just off the top of my head.

Our relationship with our allies will always be strong when push comes to shove. Unfortunately, we have had Presidents that accept our country being worked over in trade. Trump is just trying to level the playing field. China taxes the hell out of our imported cars. In some cases it can raise the price of a car by $30,000 buying it in China. There is nothing wrong with a President trying to work on those things, regardless of how much you hate Trump. Personally, I think the tariff on steel at 25% was too high, but it is a bargaining chip to get conversation going. Something has to change in how the USA is getting screwed on trade deals.

Our relationship with our allies will always be strong when push comes to shove. Unfortunately, we have had Presidents that accept our country being worked over in trade. Trump is just trying to level the playing field. China taxes the hell out of our imported cars. In some cases it can raise the price of a car by $30,000 buying it in China. There is nothing wrong with a President trying to work on those things, regardless of how much you hate Trump. Personally, I think the tariff on steel at 25% was too high, but it is a bargaining chip to get conversation going. Something has to change in how the USA is getting screwed on trade deals.

I don't have faith that Trump will hold to this.

I purposely left off the tariffs because while I don't think that has helped and I think a different approach would be more appropriate there are certainly reasons the US is justified in doing a bit of economic protectionism. I'm talking about pulling us out of negotiated treaties and agreements. Why would any country negotiate with us in good faith when they know whatever agreement they come to could just be thrown out the window the next time a new President is in office?

I don't have faith that Trump will hold to this.

I purposely left off the tariffs because while I don't think that has helped and I think a different approach would be more appropriate there are certainly reasons the US is justified in doing a bit of economic protectionism. I'm talking about pulling us out of negotiated treaties and agreements. Why would any country negotiate with us in good faith when they know whatever agreement they come to could just be thrown out the window the next time a new President is in office?

Listen, I respect your stance and opinion. I really feel that a lot of this needed to be done. Though many people think Trump is a crazy lunatic, I really think there is rationale behind what he is trying to do. When you go to make an offer on a house or car, you start low and work up from there. When you are renegotiating with countries that have for far too long taken advantage of our country and our Presidents have avoided trying to cause any stir, Trump sees it as an issue and wants to start high. I see nothing wrong with that. The worst thing that has happened is that we haven't had a person with enough ball and courage to address it.

Listen, I respect your stance and opinion. I really feel that a lot of this needed to be done. Though many people think Trump is a crazy lunatic, I really think there is rationale behind what he is trying to do. When you go to make an offer on a house or car, you start low and work up from there. When you are renegotiating with countries that have for far too long taken advantage of our country and our Presidents have avoided trying to cause any stir, Trump sees it as an issue and wants to start high. I see nothing wrong with that. The worst thing that has happened is that we haven't had a person with enough ball and courage to address it.
This is a dramatically oversimplified view of the issue. The notion that Trump has the expertise and intelligence to understand and unilaterally fix "our very bad trade deals" is asinine. That he is encouraged to do so by his equally uneducated base is horrifying.

Trump would have you believe that we don't have and haven't had experts protecting the economic interests of the US. It's an incredibly complex ecosystem and an imbecile jumping in guns a blazing to win points with a group that also doesn't know the first thing about it is a terrible idea. What the hell has anyone ever seen from Trump that leads them to believe he knows what he's doing in this realm?

This is a dramatically oversimplified view of the issue. The notion that Trump has the expertise and intelligence to understand and unilaterally fix "our very bad trade deals" is asinine. That he is encouraged to do so by his equally uneducated base is horrifying.

Trump would have you believe that we don't have and haven't had experts protecting the economic interests of the US. It's an incredibly complex ecosystem and an imbecile jumping in guns a blazing to win points with a group that also doesn't know the first thing about it is a terrible idea. What the hell has anyone ever seen from Trump that leads them to believe he knows what he's doing in this realm?

herkyhawk needs to read the Trump and Trade and Zombies column I linked earlier: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/trump-and-trade-and-zombies.226142/

I'm thinking that there's enough skeletons in Pences' closet, that his time in the WH wouldn't last too long either. There's that pesky connection to Mike Flynn.;)

Well... if it's not big enough to care about while he's VP, it won't be big enough to care about when he's president. It will be very transparent what they are doing if they try that.

C'mon man. I never said or even implied that Trump has the expertise or intelligence. I commended his desire to address the issue and use it as a starting point for better negotiations. This is something that other Presidents avoid.

C'mon man. I never said or even implied that Trump has the expertise or intelligence. I commended his desire to address the issue and use it as a starting point for better negotiations. This is something that other Presidents avoid.
Why do you believe other Presidents have avoided It? Because Hannity said so? What about unilaterally announcing tariffs leads you to characterize his actions as a starting point for negotiations?

In reality your argument is this, you trust Trump. Certainly your right, but also a position I simply cannot fathom at this point. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Yes. Name them.

ISIS is way down.
American pay checks are up.
North Korea wants to talk.

If that happened in Obama’s time there would be a hand lotion shortage.

You act like we are getting checks from the world and they are about to cut us off.

In 10 years nobody will remember or care. Clinton shoved a cigar up a girls snatch in the Oval Office and nobody cares. Hell most here would give him a standing ovation. But you think that is nothing compared to Trump saying “pussy”.
crude, but correct.

Well... if it's not big enough to care about while he's VP, it won't be big enough to care about when he's president. It will be very transparent what they are doing if they try that.
Not so sure... Mueller seems to be working on multiple fronts with the added prosecutors. Pence could still go down, but I see him chirping like a canary if he's got to rat on Trump to save his own ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT