ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Kidding Me?

Aug 23, 2013
Mt. Juliet, TN
11800332_904201346339587_337404645793442368_n.jpg
These people have gone batshit crazy,,,

Reactions: icu81222
Poaching is illegal in both countries, so he could technically be extradited if he actually committed a crime. I don't know if he did, but if so, he could be extradited under the agreement between Zimbabwe/US.

Poaching is illegal in both countries, so he could technically be extradited if he actually committed a crime. I don't know if he did, but if so, he could be extradited under the agreement between Zimbabwe/US.
Great...let them load up a few hundred thousand illegals to take with him for company...I believe in cultural exchange.

I was one of the stronger supporters of the dentist getting a punishment, but I was thinking a fine or something.

He can ignore it all day long as long as it protects American citizens.

Assuming he's found guilty.....

How is Obama obligated to protect this poacher? Exactly what penalty does he face? Would a couple years in a Zimbabwe prison be so cruel if he did what he's accused of?

He should face the punishment as prescribed by the country's law he knowingly broke.

Assuming he's found guilty.....

How is Obama obligated to protect this poacher? Exactly what penalty does he face? Would a couple years in a Zimbabwe prison be so cruel if he did what he's accused of?

He should face the punishment as prescribed by the country's law he knowingly broke.
So what is Occupy Democrat's role in this...why should they make it an issue?

So what is Occupy Democrat's role in this...why should they make it an issue?

They shouldn't.

He should be protected from unjust punishment but that's about it. Even if the rules on the books are harsh he should've figured that out before he poached a lion.

This whole thing is more than just a little riddiculous. If nothing else the guy should be punished for his stupidity

They shouldn't.

He should be protected from unjust punishment but that's about it. Even if the rules on the books are harsh he should've figured that out before he poached a lion.

This whole thing is more than just a little riddiculous. If nothing else the guy should be punished for his stupidity
You are right...however I was under the assumption it was a state sanctioned hunt or safari. Guess I should read more...

You are right...however I was under the assumption it was a state sanctioned hunt or safari. Guess I should read more...

I didn't realize it was an Occupy photo you were sharing...... You're frustration makes more sense

I really wish the general public would just stay out of this (asking to much?). A social media campaign to bring Cecil's killer to justice is just as silly as the crime he allegedly committed.

I keep thinking about how people in this guys circle must be reacting.....

"Hey man - did you hear what Walter did? Dude poached a lion with a bow and arrow. Remember that time he poached a bear? Freaking Walter..... That guy is crazy"

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
I didn't realize it was an Occupy photo you were sharing...... You're frustration makes more sense

I really wish the general public would just stay out of this (asking to much?). A social media campaign to bring Cecil's killer to justice is just as silly as the crime he allegedly committed.

I keep thinking about how people in this guys circle must be reacting.....

"Hey man - did you hear what Walter did? Dude poached a lion with a bow and arrow. Remember that time he poached a bear? Freaking Walter..... That guy is crazy"
I'm still wondering why Occupy Democrats has a dog in this hunt...or a lion if you will. PETA I can understand...as far as I know they have been silent unless they are letting OD "tote the water".

Maybe not...I'm sure they were anxious to get their hands on that 50k.
I could totally see this. He contacted the authorities in the beginning IIRC. But isn't that what a trial is for? Now I'm not a big animal rights person and really have no issue with a guy killing a lion if that's allowed. But apparently this wasn't allowed. And apparently the authorities want the guy for questioning. Shouldn't that play out if we are going to have these extradition treaties?

I could totally see this. He contacted the authorities in the beginning IIRC. But isn't that what a trial is for? Now I'm not a big animal rights person and really have no issue with a guy killing a lion if that's allowed. But apparently this wasn't allowed. And apparently the authorities want the guy for questioning. Shouldn't that play out if we are going to have these extradition treaties?
Funny I had you pegged as a radical PETA person...and earlier you said good things about President Nixon...you never cease to amaze me bud...daily.

Reactions: naturalmwa
If this guy legally killed the lion, no problem. If he poached it, face the music. Either way, I think big game hunting is for assholes unless there is a population problem.

Reactions: moral_victory
If this guy legally killed the lion, no problem. If he poached it, face the music. Either way, I think big game hunting is for assholes unless there is a population problem.
I think they may be going after the wrong guy if my understanding of this situation is correct. He hired a guide service for this hunt and the guide and his peeps are the ones who enticed the lion. The question for me is did the guy know that what the guide and his people were doing was illegal. If he knew then he should face the punishment if not then I don't think you can hold him responsible.

Maybe not...I'm sure they were anxious to get their hands on that 50k.

If you're going to spend $50K on a hunt, you find out all of the dos and don't before you ever step foot into the country (or state, say you're going to Alaska) you are going to hunt in. You know the areas you can and can't hunt, the rules for the game you are hunting, the licensing requirements for what you are hunting, etc.

Either this guy did know those things and willingly broke them or he didn't which shows he's an idiot.

Keep in mind, I'm not against hunting. I am however, against illegally poaching any kind of animal. Though I do have a bit more sympathy for someone if the game they are taking is their only source of meat and they are taking a deer out of seasons. That doesn't apply to people dropping 50 large to fly halfway around the world to bag a trophy.

Reactions: moral_victory
Exactly why it's smarter to spend our resources deporting the dangerous over the dreamers.

For the record, I am not supporting the Dentist, but for you to make that statement is ludicrous. Some of those "dreamers" are violent criminals. I don't have a problem with immigration as long as it is legal and according to the laws already established. Not a difficult concept to understand.

For the record, I am not supporting the Dentist, but for you to make that statement is ludicrous. Some of those "dreamers" are violent criminals. I don't have a problem with immigration as long as it is legal and according to the laws already established. Not a difficult concept to understand.

I know a few dreamers. What a terrible limbo they are in. Brought here as kids with no real living memory of Mexico, and no real connections to relatives there. They get to obtain a work permit that lets them work for two years, and they need to renew it every two years. The paper work consists of proving that they never left the country, never got in trouble, and about a 500 dollar check. While they have to worry about that they also have to worry about seething racists that would seek to send them back to Mexico; a place they don't know, and have no connections to. They would likely get scooped up by the criminals in all of the border cesspools where they would get dropped. If they were lucky they would be able to get money from their American friends so they could hire a coyote before worse fates fell upon them.

Reactions: gusto79
Obama is calling former Attorney General Eric Holder
out of retirement to address this issue. It seems that
this dentist was looking for some extra Lion's teeth for
his dental office. He displays them on his walls as
an example of what non-flossing looks like.

I believe in the Book of Genesis God gives humans dominion over all creatures...now does He demand they be treated ethically? Of course He does...but dominion is still given to the human to do as he/she pleases.

Last edited:
No worries, TW, I did the reading for you. I did some searching this morning and found a number of things. most of which are summed up in this Christian Science Monitor article.

Of particular interest is this excerpt:

"According to Lion Aid, a charity that focuses on lion preservation, Cecil’s death was for the most part legal and standard practice. And usually, if a killing takes place in an area without a lion quota, the hunter would just lie and say it happened in an area with a lion quota, according to Lion Aid’s website.

But thanks to Cecil’s tracking collar, which traced his movements for an Oxford University research project, the hunters couldn’t cover up their whereabouts."

It sounds entirely possible that Palmer did not know that the guide and landowner did not have permits or a quota for a lion. One article stated that they were actually hunting leopard and when the lion showed up the guide told Palmer to shoot it. Sounds like they were fairly upset when they saw the collar.

So you are ok with immigrants committing crimes here and then fleeing to their home country to avoid justice.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
You know, if they stayed away forever this might be fine. We should add exhile to our justice system. Empty our prisons, and send them to Iraq. Let our thugs fight their thugs. Film it, profit? If you make it back to the US with an ISIS head, you get your voting rights restored.

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT