ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Kidding Me?

No worries, TW, I did the reading for you. I did some searching this morning and found a number of things. most of which are summed up in this Christian Science Monitor article.

Of particular interest is this excerpt:

"According to Lion Aid, a charity that focuses on lion preservation, Cecil’s death was for the most part legal and standard practice. And usually, if a killing takes place in an area without a lion quota, the hunter would just lie and say it happened in an area with a lion quota, according to Lion Aid’s website.

But thanks to Cecil’s tracking collar, which traced his movements for an Oxford University research project, the hunters couldn’t cover up their whereabouts."

It sounds entirely possible that Palmer did not know that the guide and landowner did not have permits or a quota for a lion. One article stated that they were actually hunting leopard and when the lion showed up the guide told Palmer to shoot it. Sounds like they were fairly upset when they saw the collar.
You cleaned this controversy up nicely...seems like the guide quite possibly was to blame. I am not a big game hunter however if I am in the same situation and my porter tells me to shoot I probably would do as he did. It is like when I go deep sea fishing in Destin...I catch what the boat owner tells me I can.

You know, if they stayed away forever this might be fine. We should add exhile to our justice system. Empty our prisons, and send them to Iraq. Let our thugs fight their thugs. Film it, profit? If you make it back to the US with an ISIS head, you get your voting rights restored.
Oh I do like your style...

Somehow we got off on the abortion topic without following TJ's law: You both owe us some pics.

2eb0f8ee011996f08e47c436990a7c32.jpg

Oh I do like your style...
I thought as a history teacher you might appreciate that. I understand thats how they used to do it in Japan back in the day. They even had special head boxes and there was a black market where bad soldiers could buy a head and pretend they killed the enemy. Like all Japanese things, its very complex and layered.

Reactions: TennesseeWaltz1
Funny how liberals get all upset over a lion when plan parenthood selling baby parts from baby killers .

I don't condone what planned parenthood did at all. It's illegal. However I don't think the plan is take said body parts and hang them on the wall for a trophy. As i understand it they were for research and have the potential to save thousands of lives down the road. At least the use of the body parts is somewhat noble. Those who tried to profit should go to jail for a long long time.

on the other hand the detnist paid a bunch of money so he could kill the lion and stuff it so he could hang it on his wall.

It's not just liberals that are outraged by this. Its most of the general public. The same crew who makes the argument you made are the same ones who defended the use of the confederate flag and got all upset over gay marriage. I am not sure there is a term for this group but they seem to try an defend anything that is not defendable.

ADVERTISEMENT