ADVERTISEMENT

Arland Bruce has arrived & is practicing w/ Brody Brecht at Ankeny. FINALLY, ON OCTOBER 1, Ruled ELIGIBLE to Play.

At this point ids just play the kids.. the ihsaa is really the schools not some dick head name tom

It is my understanding that there is nothing pending in court. The hearing on Tuesday is in front of the Board of Education. It is the last level of administrative appeals. The DMR's continued reference to a "court hearing" on Tuesday seems to be incorrect.

It is my understanding that there is nothing pending in court. The hearing on Tuesday is in front of the Board of Education. It is the last level of administrative appeals. The DMR's continued reference to a "court hearing" on Tuesday seems to be incorrect.

Them dragging this out is one of the more petty and disgusting things I have seen from so called educators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Summed up perfectly.

Watch:

I said from the beginning (and even suggested it to the IAHSAA) that an announcement should've been made in July that all transfers from out of state would be heavily scrutinized and likely expected to sit 90 days. All of this could have been avoided. Maybe. But there still may have been some kids/families who thought they were the exception anyway.

I said from the beginning (and even suggested it to the IAHSAA) that an announcement should've been made in July that all transfers from out of state would be heavily scrutinized and likely expected to sit 90 days. All of this could have been avoided. Maybe. But there still may have been some kids/families who thought they were the exception anyway.

i agree. They (and only they) had the opportunity to take care of this from the get go. And they knew what was going to happen (Keating admitted it to the Register) but failed to do so so the haphazard treatment and enforcement after the fact is on them IMO.

Anyone with a pulse knows what the rules were attempting to do....stop people from attempting to change schools on short notice for athletic purposes. Didn't stop stop quite a few of them from trying to do it anyway, which is why I have no empathy for them.

Anyone with a pulse knows what the rules were attempting to do....stop people from attempting to change schools on short notice for athletic purposes. Didn't stop stop quite a few of them from trying to do it anyway, which is why I have no empathy for them.
Yeah damn these kids for wanting to come someplace where they could chase their dreams and play football. They shouldn't want to work hard and get better. They should just stay home and play video games until the "adults" tell us it's safe to go outside again.

Ok Legend. It is weird that every person covering this story
Yeah damn these kids for wanting to come someplace where they could chase their dreams and play football. They shouldn't want to work hard and get better. They should just stay home and play video games until the "adults" tell us it's safe to go outside again.

Legs - never argue with Legend ever. Especially if I am involved. Weird how sports people and media with no skin in the game side with Arland across the board. Legend will continue an anti-me troll but this has exploded and everyone has sided against the Association. Everyone except Legend. He is not right. Period.

At lunch with my daughter (trying to get votes for Dad of the year and going to The Lain King doesn’t hurt!). Will post a little later on my thoughts and ramifications. And thanks Legend. See we can be civil!😀

I am very happy for the Bruce family. Whether people agree or disagree with the ruling they have been though quite a bit. The association painted themselves in a corner on the their own interpretation and enforcement of their own rules. The fact is as the admin judge found you can have more than one residence and the rules do not require everyone moves at once. That is on the Association if they want to tighten that up but those are their rules. Quite frankly, the Association is lucky the ALJ didn’t go down the path of comparing their eligibility decisions. That would have been ugly. And still is. Rubley was declared ineligible again today right after our ruling. My guess is they will reverse that quick. Anyway, happy Arland and Brody (2 future Hawk receivers) will be on the field together tomorrow night.

I have not read the ruling but am shocked. As people know, same Judge we had for Arland. Generally I think it is BS but like I said, have not seen the ruling. Unreal. Feel bad for the kid.

Come on back to Colorado, Jake. They just anounced two days ago that fall football is back and each team gets a minimum five game schedule plus playoffs.
Any chance he ends up a Hawk? I guess the next generation got away from the T"s. Terry, Todd, and TJ......;)

I had to look up the Rubley brothers. Sounds like a really talented family. Based on what I read I’m not holding my breath:).
They were indeed. They played QB at Davenport West for most of a decade. I played one year with Terry, and two years with Todd. Terry led West to the state championship game losing to Dowling my soph year. Todd won West the title the year after I left in 77 or 78. Terry had a solid career at ISWho as the starter in the late 70's under Earle Bruce when they were pretty good. Not sure where Todd played in college, but think he ended up a TE or something. TJ played QB at Tulsa or somewhere.

Any chance he ends up a Hawk? I guess the next generation got away from the T"s. Terry, Todd, and TJ......;)

If anyone is interested:

If anyone is interested:
Wow. Didn't realize that TJ was coaching in the pro's. He had a pretty good career at Tulsa I think, but thats cool. Also kind of funny he's with the Falcons, as he and his brothers all played QB for the West High "Falcons". Sucks about Jake though. Its just been a really weird year all the way around, but honestly its probably about time that these states start getting a handle on thee kids jumping from school to school to play for a powerhouse. The same stuff goes on here in KC, especially at all the private schools like Rockhurst who was a state finals regular for a lot of years. They would just reload every year with kids from all over the area.

Wow. Didn't realize that TJ was coaching in the pro's. He had a pretty good career at Tulsa I think, but thats cool. Also kind of funny he's with the Falcons, as he and his brothers all played QB for the West High "Falcons". Sucks about Jake though. Its just been a really weird year all the way around, but honestly its probably about time that these states start getting a handle on thee kids jumping from school to school to play for a powerhouse. The same stuff goes on here in KC, especially at all the private schools like Rockhurst who was a state finals regular for a lot of years. They would just reload every year with kids from all over the area.

TJ Rubley is not currently nor has he ever coached professional football. He coached the Highlands Ranch Falcons.

ADVERTISEMENT